🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Amazon getting unethical and aggressive in their sales efforts....

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Like most moderately active internet users I have done a lot of business with Amazon. At first I tried prime....but then caught on to the scam of folded in shipping costs. Prime video services totally sucks....but hey what do you want for free right? Since I canceled prime I have been bombarded by Amazon to rejoin every time I try to order from them....I cannot move two clicks without being assaulted on this issue. Just today I needed to order some replacement remotes for the TCL TV's that I use at home...simple enough right?

Found them on Amazon almost immediately and ordered up three of them because Amazon indicated a purchase level after which the purchase would include free shipping.
Bullshit.....If there's one thing that Amazon does NOT DO....it's ship anything for free....trust me on this.

So I got through to the check out and then suddenly the Prime attack begins anew.....at the check out I was being told that I was gong to be given a one week trial of Prime for $1.99 and that I could cancel it at any time. So I looked for the opt out on the deal. There wasn't any....I'm pretty sure that's illegal..... As hard as I looked there was no way to complete the purchase without accepting this offer. I don't want Prime...it's a lie for one thing...for another thing I don't want to be told that I'm purchasing something Unless I choose to purchase it. I also don't want to have to chase them down to cancel something I didn't want in the first place. No time for that shit. So screw it....I declined the entire transaction....promptly went over to ebay...got a better deal and get this....actual free shipping.

I would Imagine I am not alone in this particular decision.

JO

I refuse to get sucked into Amazon.....It makes Ebay look like the old brick-and-mortar corner store.

I love doing business with Amazon. In many years I have never had a conflict with them that wasn't immediately and to my satisfaction, resolved. One thing I love about Amazon and use all the time is when placing an order, inexpensive or expensive, I have the option at checkout to forego the overnight delivery and save one dollar towards any future video rental or purchase. That has never failed me and I very much like Prime Video content and have never looked back since dropping the PC Netflix. With Prime, one can find plenty of enjoyable ( for me ) content pre-PC. It also offers the option of renting or buying other content and I have watched many good movies for zero dollars because I am willing to wait a few more days for their delivery. I do, however, avoid as much as possible using their third-party sellers. Have had good and bad experiences with them. I try to order only that which Amazon has in stock in their warehouses. I love Amazon. Can't say it enough.

I am a happy and frequent shopper at Amazon. One hundred percent satisfaction. Another feature I like about that business is ANYTIME I have had to return something for a refund they have it picked up and they do not wait for the merchandise to come back to them before issuing my credit. LOVE that!

Jo, I do understand the frustration you had. I hate to go to e-Bay because I never know if I am going to receive my order fast or smelling like tobacco smoke. But many of their vendors are very fast and efficient. I leave positive reviews at both businesses mentioned in this post.

Like most moderately active internet users I have done a lot of business with Amazon. At first I tried prime....but then caught on to the scam of folded in shipping costs. Prime video services totally sucks....but hey what do you want for free right? Since I canceled prime I have been bombarded by Amazon to rejoin every time I try to order from them....I cannot move two clicks without being assaulted on this issue. Just today I needed to order some replacement remotes for the TCL TV's that I use at home...simple enough right?

Found them on Amazon almost immediately and ordered up three of them because Amazon indicated a purchase level after which the purchase would include free shipping.
Bullshit.....If there's one thing that Amazon does NOT DO....it's ship anything for free....trust me on this.

So I got through to the check out and then suddenly the Prime attack begins anew.....at the check out I was being told that I was gong to be given a one week trial of Prime for $1.99 and that I could cancel it at any time. So I looked for the opt out on the deal. There wasn't any....I'm pretty sure that's illegal..... As hard as I looked there was no way to complete the purchase without accepting this offer. I don't want Prime...it's a lie for one thing...for another thing I don't want to be told that I'm purchasing something Unless I choose to purchase it. I also don't want to have to chase them down to cancel something I didn't want in the first place. No time for that shit. So screw it....I declined the entire transaction....promptly went over to ebay...got a better deal and get this....actual free shipping.

I would Imagine I am not alone in this particular decision.

JO
Nothing is for free in this world! Caveat emptor. To get out of their email bombardment, I had to dig deep to get Amazon to stop. And yes, it will piss you off getting to it.

The only issue that I have ever had with Amazon is finding weird things in my shopping cart earlier this year one day. All that I had to do was change my password and after I did that, I had no further problems. Of course what I found in the cart was deleted.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back