America Finally Admits Recycling Doesn’t Work

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Jan 3, 2009
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays

The fact is that sometimes recycling makes sense and sometimes it doesn’t. In the legislative rush to pass recycling mandates, state and local governments should pause to consider the science and the economics of every proposition. Often, bad ideas are worse than none at all and can produce lasting damage if they are enshrined in law. Simply demanding that something be recycled can be disruptive of markets and it does not guarantee that recycling that makes either economic or environmental sense will even occur.

Long and short of the matter is that do-gooder politics still can't outrun economic realities, and never will be able to.

America Finally Admits Recycling Doesn’t Work | Jon Miltimore

Hmmm, hopefully it has worked to a great extent, because this nation sure had a huge problem before once the cheap goods economies took shape.

The thing that has killed the citizen's prosperity in this nation over time, and has put them in peril of their health by polluting the environment lived in, has been caused by bad trade agreements that have over run us with cheap goods, and then our bad practices of dealing with a consumer driven cheap goods lovin society. Our landfills are exploding with cheap throw away products where recycling attempts to battle the problem.

The better solution's is to go back to less cheap goods trading from abroad, and to start exercising our abilities to empower our nation with quality products that last, and to lessen the tremendous strains on our landfills and our environment in this way.

It's a win, win situation for us, but the global cabal will have other ideas and/or excuses of course.

Billy fondly remembers community bonfires and public incinerators.

Kept the garbage from piling up.

garbage in/garbage out

humans produce a LOT OF SHIT that no one wants; a LOT OF SHIT that pollutes the only planet we have.

the planet was doing just fine until humans came along & fucked it all up.

garbage in/garbage out

humans produce a LOT OF SHIT that no one wants; a LOT OF SHIT that pollutes the only planet we have.

Maybe you should leave if it distresses you so much

garbage in/garbage out

And it is still fine and will be fine after humans are gone.

The fact is that sometimes recycling makes sense and sometimes it doesn’t. In the legislative rush to pass recycling mandates, state and local governments should pause to consider the science and the economics of every proposition. Often, bad ideas are worse than none at all and can produce lasting damage if they are enshrined in law. Simply demanding that something be recycled can be disruptive of markets and it does not guarantee that recycling that makes either economic or environmental sense will even occur.

Long and short of the matter is that do-gooder politics still can't outrun economic realities, and never will be able to.

I was a steelworker for 35 years and watched tons of scrap being made into tons of steel every day I was there. Who new that it didn`t work? One more thing. People who call others "do gooders" are our bad doers.

garbage in/garbage out

You mean evolved, don't you?

We are a product of nature - humans belong here as much as any other animal. Right? We're right where we are supposed to be. Nature made us who we are. :)

That's depressing. Along the lines of kids won't get good grades unless they get money for them.

garbage in/garbage out

Maybe you should leave if it distresses you so much

maybe you should make more crap, that no one wants, that pollutes the only home you have :26:

Wtf? Are you already drinking this early

coffee :19:

A big part of that is we didn't develop the infrastructure because china did.

I was a steelworker for 35 years and watched tons of scrap being made into tons of steel every day I was there. Who new that it didn`t work? One more thing. People who call others "do gooders" are our bad doers.

You are completely correct. I worked at Bethlehem steel's blast furnace department. They had bins of scrap metal that we sent into the blast furnace along with other ingredients.

Right me if I am wrong, but I thought that one person's trash can always be another person's treasure. My most favorite singer who is still here literally got his first guitar from another person's trash can. :D :D :D

God bless you and James Otto always!!!

Holly

garbage in/garbage out

What do we call someone who whines about a problem but who will do nothing about it?

If you think humans are the problem please opt out of this mess. I'm sure at least a few will follow...perhaps.

Right me if I am wrong, but I thought that one person's trash can always be another person's treasure. My most favorite singer who is still here literally got his first guitar from another person's trash can. :D :D :D

God bless you and James Otto always!!!

Holly
I'll be sending you my garbage starting next week..

^^^ Do you have anything of the Oak Ridge Boys from when my late beautiful precious Steve Sanders was a member of the act? If you've got something that I don't already have, I want it!

God bless you and those who have loved him longer than me always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back