America First = America Alone

Suppose you are on a Basketball team and decide to take a “Me First” attitude. Your goal is to score as many points as you can. When your teammates complain, you say.....you are welcome to score as many points as you can too.

Sounds like a way to score more points

But what happens is you end up shooting every time you get the ball whether you have a shot or not. Your point total may go up at first, but eventually your teammates will stop passing you the ball.

Overall, your scoring will drop

What you miss is that American Conservatives don’t want to play a team sport when it comes to the economy or diplomacy. We are far happier playing individual sports, by ourselves.

Suppose you are on a Basketball team and decide to take a “Me First” attitude. Your goal is to score as many points as you can. When your teammates complain, you say.....you are welcome to score as many points as you can too.

But what happens is you end up shooting every time you get the ball whether you have a shot or not. Your point total may go up at first, but eventually your teammates will stop passing you the ball.

Good analogy.
When Wilt Chamberlain is playing on the girls high school team, Wilt should do what Wilt wants to do.

You can't say it any better than that.

It might be helpful to identify who our friends are. The Republican and Democrat lists are probably quite different. I know China, Iran, and Cuba are not on my list. Obviously you want as many friends as possible, but the so called friends need to be mutually beneficial. Mexico was helping to bus in illegal immigrants, Europe wasn't paying for its defense and is getting energy from Russia, and China has been a bad actor for some time. Would you call them friends? Not being a global patsy is far from being isolationist.

What you miss is that American Conservatives don’t want to play a team sport when it comes to the economy or diplomacy. We are far happier playing individual sports, by ourselves.
Sounds like economic masterbation

Good analogy.
When Wilt Chamberlain is playing on the girls high school team, Wilt should do what Wilt wants to do.

Wilt Chamberlain did not win Championships

Bill Russell and the Celts did

And then you will find 4 other less talented players who are willing to go along for ride to the championship by relinquishing control to the best player on the planet. You see, it is not about being "fair", it is about winning the game. Such is life.
You do not win championships with selfish play
You should take your own words to heart ... your selfish, petulant play and that of your fellow Democrats have been shaving points off our success the last 31 months.

Traitors ... every one of ya.

Liberal Media Scream: Bill Maher cheers economic collapse if it dooms Trump
“I’ve been hoping for a recession — people hate me for it — but it would get rid of Trump, so you shouldn’t hate me for it.”
To which, Barro noted: “Recessions are really bad. People lose their jobs and their homes.”
Maher doubled down: “I know. It’s worth it.”

Cannon fodder?

And you lie
You're an ignorant drunk.

a01_17609522.jpg

And your an ignorant meth head..

You live in a piss ass country with a population of Springfield Illinois
And the US was begging us for more troops in Afghanistan then. Just like it's begging others now for contributions to the Gulf naval protection force.

Good analogy.

Wilt Chamberlain did not win Championships

Bill Russell and the Celts did

That is because the Celtics had stronger teams, better players and a deeper bench. Chamberlain didn’t have the talent surrounding him as Russell did. Surprised you didn’t realize that.

Cannon fodder?

And you lie
You're an ignorant drunk.

a01_17609522.jpg

And your an ignorant meth head..

You live in a piss ass country with a population of Springfield Illinois
And the US was begging us for more troops in Afghanistan then. Just like it's begging others now for contributions to the Gulf naval protection force.
Europe wasn't paying for its defense
Defence against whom?

True or false - Europe can't defend its own oil tankers.
If the Europeans want to sit next to Russia with no standing military, that is up to them. It wouldn't make me too comfortable. Currently, China is being the most aggressive. They are currently violating many countries airspace on a routine basis. Would the Europeans be ok with such minimal military presence if they didn't think the US would bail them out?

It might be helpful to identify who our friends are.
Hilarity. In order to put steel and aluminium tariffs on them.

Yet you have no trouble with everyone putting tariffs on the US? I see nothing wrong with FAIR trade. You are obviously a globalist. Giving up your sovereignty isn't working out too well in Europe is it. All that forced migration is making people real happy. Ceasing to be a country is not the opposite of isolationism. Entering MUTUALLY beneficial agreements is just common sense.

Forum List

Back