America is a muilti racial nation

Hispanic is not a race. And most Hispanics identify as white. By race according to the census:

White alone, percent, July 1, 2016, (V2016)(a) 76.9%

U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts selected: UNITED STATES
Latinos do consider themselves different than white.

Not so Jake. As a matter of fact this writer for CNN had a freaking meltdown over it. :) He's really quite crazy to think that Italians and Jews weren't ever white but became white. Left wing loons never cease to amaze me.

Why are Hispanics identifying as white?
By Eric Liu

For all the complexity of our national complexion, Americans still too often think that white makes right.
Consider a new study of census returns reported on by the Pew Research Center. It showed, apparently, that significant numbers of Hispanics are now identifying as white.

The research was presented at the recent Population Association of America meeting.

Some news reports suggested that Hispanics, rather than solidifying a distinct ethnic identity and becoming the driving force of a "majority-minority" future, might instead try to be just the latest group of immigrants, such as Italians or Jews, to "become white."

More of his crying, moaning, wailing and gnashing of teeth at link:

:lol:

Opinion: Why are Hispanics identifying as white? - CNN

Check the census forms, td. Go to lower right. http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/files/2015/06/ST_15.06.11_MultiRacial-Timeline.pdf

upload_2017-11-2_18-12-29.png

It is 62% white but certainly isn't white. Our immigration policies must be fair towards all races of people as that is what America is made up of.

True whites are important but no more important then our black, hispanic or asian populations.
Negroes tend to be deadbeats who eat up resources. Whites are the ones who keep the economy working.

It cracks me up, my wife is Mexican/Swedish, her father, mexican, sums it up perfectly, "who gives a rats ass"?

Forum List

Back