🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

America Reaches True Full Employment!!!

You've defined fixed.

How in the world is that fixed? Fixed are unions. Fixed is minimum wage. Free market is where supply and demand create the value of something.

Paying market price is fixed.

No, paying market price is the free market.

Who sets the market, other employers?

Not really, we set the market. If you and others are willing to do a job for X amount of money, that's the going market rate. If an employer can't get you or anybody else to work for X amount of money for a particular job, then they have to increase the offer, thus increasing the going market rate.

If you set the market then ask your employer for a 50% raise and healthcare benefits. Let us know how it works out.

You've defined fixed.

How in the world is that fixed? Fixed are unions. Fixed is minimum wage. Free market is where supply and demand create the value of something.

Markets are set by willing buyers and willing sellers.

Markets are set by marketers telling you you need a Pet Rock.

Yep. I'm going to be looking for somebody to take care of an electrical problem over here. I'm not paying somebody an arm and a leg for a job another can do it at half the rate. It goes back to my earlier point. We all look to pay people that work for us the least amount of money we can. It's okay when we do it, but when an employer does it, it's pure evil.

Cut rate electrical work? I'll get 9-1-1 rolling now!

I don't know any business owner who talks about overpaying labor, and at the same time, has thriving businesses.

Anybody in business who even wants to pay high salaries and provide outstanding benefits simply can't, because their competition will put them out of business. If you and I both manufacture widgets, we both have to sell them around the same price. I can't sell my widgets in the US if I pay my employees 50% more in wages and benefits than you do. Nobody would buy them.

This is the position many employers are in. I'm sure my employer would love to pay us more money, or even bring back heath benefits, but he can't because he's competing with other delivery companies that are paying the same as he is.

To me, OnePercenter sounds like a disgruntled blue collar worker who thinks he's drastically underpaid. He won't get into a profession that pays more, he won't get the training or education, he simply wants to inspect parts or something, and make 60K a year.

US corporate profits hit a record high in 2018 and will do the same this year. To say employers can't pay more is just stupid.

It depends on the employer. But paying more is stupid. If you go out to a restaurant and buy a steak dinner for $25.00, do you offer to pay $35.00? If you want to buy a house for 190K, do you give the seller 230K?

Very few of us pay more for something than we have to, and that includes employers. They do nothing different than any one of of us. If you get three estimates to have your lawn cut, you don't take the most expensive one. If you need your transmission rebuilt in your car, you do't go with the highest priced garage.

you have to remember, this is the guy that claimed to pay 102 grand for a Chevy Silverado...so he seems to like paying far more than he has to or what things are worth

You can't refute my post so now you lie....

View attachment 283635

you have to remember, this is the guy that claimed to pay 102 grand for a Chevy Silverado...so he seems to like paying far more than he has to or what things are worth

When did I write that? Liar?

Traditionally, full employment is considered 4%. Today it is at 3.5%. This is unseen for 50 years, so anyone who wants to find a job, even a Democrat, can.

Thanks Mr President.

158,269,000: Record Number of Employed in September; 3.5% Unemployment Rate Best Since 1969
Last time things were this good was under Bill Clinton. And he didn’t have to bankrupt us with tax breaks to the rich and corporations.

Then I guess you are unaware he agreed to a reduction of capital gain taxes, huh?

Yep. I'm going to be looking for somebody to take care of an electrical problem over here. I'm not paying somebody an arm and a leg for a job another can do it at half the rate. It goes back to my earlier point. We all look to pay people that work for us the least amount of money we can. It's okay when we do it, but when an employer does it, it's pure evil.

No, I make sure my employees are bonded and insured. That's besides the fact my city requires their registry with our city before being allowed to do work here. Of course, they check their qualifications as I do.

Not really, we set the market. If you and others are willing to do a job for X amount of money, that's the going market rate. If an employer can't get you or anybody else to work for X amount of money for a particular job, then they have to increase the offer, thus increasing the going market rate.

If you set the market then ask your employer for a 50% raise and healthcare benefits. Let us know how it works out.

Part of setting the market is my employer can find somebody else to do the job for the rate I'm being paid now. So why would he pay me 50% more than another person that can take my place for the current rate I'm working for?

I don't know any business owner who talks about overpaying labor, and at the same time, has thriving businesses.

Anybody in business who even wants to pay high salaries and provide outstanding benefits simply can't, because their competition will put them out of business. If you and I both manufacture widgets, we both have to sell them around the same price. I can't sell my widgets in the US if I pay my employees 50% more in wages and benefits than you do. Nobody would buy them.

This is the position many employers are in. I'm sure my employer would love to pay us more money, or even bring back heath benefits, but he can't because he's competing with other delivery companies that are paying the same as he is.

To me, OnePercenter sounds like a disgruntled blue collar worker who thinks he's drastically underpaid. He won't get into a profession that pays more, he won't get the training or education, he simply wants to inspect parts or something, and make 60K a year.

US corporate profits hit a record high in 2018 and will do the same this year. To say employers can't pay more is just stupid.

It depends on the employer. But paying more is stupid. If you go out to a restaurant and buy a steak dinner for $25.00, do you offer to pay $35.00? If you want to buy a house for 190K, do you give the seller 230K?

Very few of us pay more for something than we have to, and that includes employers. They do nothing different than any one of of us. If you get three estimates to have your lawn cut, you don't take the most expensive one. If you need your transmission rebuilt in your car, you do't go with the highest priced garage.

Paying more attracts better employees.

Sometimes but not always. Better employees does not always equate to proportional higher profits.

Several of our customers are changing their employee pool from white to black. Blacks will work for less money, and even though the quality of work is not as great, in the end, they save more money.

Ohio; Bringing back slavery one business at a time!

Ignorant leftist. Slavery is forcing somebody to work for free, not offering a job to somebody who is more than willing to accept.

Nope. My company (like many smaller outfits) got rid of the benefit thanks to that big-eared commie. My state didn't increase any taxes, only a gasoline tax that goes strictly to the roads.

Or did your company find a convenient excuse to fuck you out of your benefits?

A gas tax IS a tax.

And it was only implemented after the new Governor took office. It had nothing to do with the feds.

The feds are returning less monies to the States due to the 20% drop in revenue due to wealthy and corporate America tax cuts. Just wait, sales tax increases and property tax increases are next.

Even if there was any truth to that, it would be a good thing.

States should be more self-funded and less dependent of the federal government. Less dependency on the federal government is a great thing.

How many tens of billions do the feds spend in Ohio?

I really don't know. But whatever it is, they didn't raise our taxes.

Don't buy any Pet Rocks.

Traditionally, full employment is considered 4%. Today it is at 3.5%. This is unseen for 50 years, so anyone who wants to find a job, even a Democrat, can.

Thanks Mr President.

158,269,000: Record Number of Employed in September; 3.5% Unemployment Rate Best Since 1969
Last time things were this good was under Bill Clinton. And he didn’t have to bankrupt us with tax breaks to the rich and corporations.

Yeah, the Internet Bubble was cool!!

View attachment 283635

silly me, I assumed you had bought the truck when you threw out the number. I should have realized you just made it up out of thin air like the rest of your stories you tell us.

A apologize for my mistake

No, I make sure my employees are bonded and insured. That's besides the fact my city requires their registry with our city before being allowed to do work here. Of course, they check their qualifications as I do.

Licensed, bonded, and insured electricians aren't cheap.

Part of setting the market is my employer can find somebody else to do the job for the rate I'm being paid now. So why would he pay me 50% more than another person that can take my place for the current rate I'm working for?

Because you're better than the other guy?

Paying more attracts better employees.

Sometimes but not always. Better employees does not always equate to proportional higher profits.

Several of our customers are changing their employee pool from white to black. Blacks will work for less money, and even though the quality of work is not as great, in the end, they save more money.

Ohio; Bringing back slavery one business at a time!

Ignorant leftist. Slavery is forcing somebody to work for free, not offering a job to somebody who is more than willing to accept.

Isn't forced below livable wages a form of slavery? This is not Russia.

Or did your company find a convenient excuse to fuck you out of your benefits?

A gas tax IS a tax.

And it was only implemented after the new Governor took office. It had nothing to do with the feds.

The feds are returning less monies to the States due to the 20% drop in revenue due to wealthy and corporate America tax cuts. Just wait, sales tax increases and property tax increases are next.

Even if there was any truth to that, it would be a good thing.

States should be more self-funded and less dependent of the federal government. Less dependency on the federal government is a great thing.

How many tens of billions do the feds spend in Ohio?

I really don't know. But whatever it is, they didn't raise our taxes.

10.5 cents per gallon in Ohio. More to come.

Don't buy any Pet Rocks.

But people did? Can you guess how many?

View attachment 283635

silly me, I assumed you had bought the truck when you threw out the number. I should have realized you just made it up out of thin air like the rest of your stories you tell us.

A apologize for my mistake

Apology accepted.

Don't buy any Pet Rocks.

But people did? Can you guess how many?

Were you forced to buy a Pet Rock?
Forced to work for below market rates?

Liar.

Forum List

Back