🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

America Reaches True Full Employment!!!

The American Worker is the American Worker. People that Republicans need to be proud of, NOT screw-over.

I am not a Repub, hell most of the people on this forum think I am a far left winger.

Then why do you write down of the American Worker?

I don't. I am honest about the American worker. you live in a fantasy land where you are a business owner and every worker is the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

The problem is both of those things only exist in your mind and not in reality.

I don't know any business owner who talks about overpaying labor, and at the same time, has thriving businesses.

Anybody in business who even wants to pay high salaries and provide outstanding benefits simply can't, because their competition will put them out of business. If you and I both manufacture widgets, we both have to sell them around the same price. I can't sell my widgets in the US if I pay my employees 50% more in wages and benefits than you do. Nobody would buy them.

This is the position many employers are in. I'm sure my employer would love to pay us more money, or even bring back heath benefits, but he can't because he's competing with other delivery companies that are paying the same as he is.

To me, OnePercenter sounds like a disgruntled blue collar worker who thinks he's drastically underpaid. He won't get into a profession that pays more, he won't get the training or education, he simply wants to inspect parts or something, and make 60K a year.

US corporate profits hit a record high in 2018 and will do the same this year. To say employers can't pay more is just stupid.

It depends on the employer. But paying more is stupid. If you go out to a restaurant and buy a steak dinner for $25.00, do you offer to pay $35.00? If you want to buy a house for 190K, do you give the seller 230K?

Very few of us pay more for something than we have to, and that includes employers. They do nothing different than any one of of us. If you get three estimates to have your lawn cut, you don't take the most expensive one. If you need your transmission rebuilt in your car, you do't go with the highest priced garage.

I am not a Repub, hell most of the people on this forum think I am a far left winger.

I don't. I am honest about the American worker. you live in a fantasy land where you are a business owner and every worker is the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

I don't know any business owner who talks about overpaying labor, and at the same time, has thriving businesses.

Anybody in business who even wants to pay high salaries and provide outstanding benefits simply can't, because their competition will put them out of business. If you and I both manufacture widgets, we both have to sell them around the same price. I can't sell my widgets in the US if I pay my employees 50% more in wages and benefits than you do. Nobody would buy them.

This is the position many employers are in. I'm sure my employer would love to pay us more money, or even bring back heath benefits, but he can't because he's competing with other delivery companies that are paying the same as he is.

To me, OnePercenter sounds like a disgruntled blue collar worker who thinks he's drastically underpaid. He won't get into a profession that pays more, he won't get the training or education, he simply wants to inspect parts or something, and make 60K a year.

US corporate profits hit a record high in 2018 and will do the same this year. To say employers can't pay more is just stupid.

who said they cannot? why would they if they do not have to?

Since 71% of the US economy is poor with credit spending it would be a great idea.

UBER Freight is one of the biggest freight brokers in the US. I'm sure you've hauled for them.

Not even close, are you ever right about anything?

Read on: Uber Freight Gains Share Of Trucking Industry | PYMNTS.com

nothing in there about them being one of the biggest freight brokers in the US

try again. maybe read your link before you post it next time...just a thought

UBER Freight is one of the biggest freight brokers in the US. I'm sure you've hauled for them.

and that is FALSE. You link did not support they being ONE OF the biggest.

I can.

It is bullshit. Employees are paid what the market will bear. If you do not think you are getting paid enough, that is on you.

The market is fixed.

No, the market is not fixed. You are only worth as much as your employer can pay another person to do the same job and same quality of work. That's it.

You've defined fixed.

How in the world is that fixed? Fixed are unions. Fixed is minimum wage. Free market is where supply and demand create the value of something.

Paying market price is fixed.

No, paying market price is the free market.

It depends on the employer. But paying more is stupid. If you go out to a restaurant and buy a steak dinner for $25.00, do you offer to pay $35.00? If you want to buy a house for 190K, do you give the seller 230K?

Very few of us pay more for something than we have to, and that includes employers. They do nothing different than any one of of us. If you get three estimates to have your lawn cut, you don't take the most expensive one. If you need your transmission rebuilt in your car, you do't go with the highest priced garage.

Paying more attracts better employees.

you have to remember, this is the guy that claimed to pay 102 grand for a Chevy Silverado...so he seems to like paying far more than he has to or what things are worth

Didnt you claim to have all sorts of job openings?

Nope. Under Trump, I'm bringing home more take home pay. I got a much larger tax return for 2018, and next year will be better now that Trump got rid of the Commie Care fines. Besides that, I'm working more hours because of the great economy.

Like I said, Trump should use Reagan's old line, asking people if they are better off today than they were four years ago. Most people (at least the ones with a brain) will realize they are, and opt to reelect the guy responsible for their good fortunes. The losers will base their vote on their personal dislike for the man.

With inflation and your State increasing taxes due to the feds not returning as much to the States, I'm sure your aren't better off.

Your company doesn't provide healthcare insurance?

Nope. My company (like many smaller outfits) got rid of the benefit thanks to that big-eared commie. My state didn't increase any taxes, only a gasoline tax that goes strictly to the roads.

Or did your company find a convenient excuse to fuck you out of your benefits?

A gas tax IS a tax.

And it was only implemented after the new Governor took office. It had nothing to do with the feds.

The feds are returning less monies to the States due to the 20% drop in revenue due to wealthy and corporate America tax cuts. Just wait, sales tax increases and property tax increases are next.

Even if there was any truth to that, it would be a good thing.

States should be more self-funded and less dependent of the federal government. Less dependency on the federal government is a great thing.

Sometimes but not always. Better employees does not always equate to proportional higher profits.

Several of our customers are changing their employee pool from white to black. Blacks will work for less money, and even though the quality of work is not as great, in the end, they save more money.

Not even close, are you ever right about anything?

Read on: Uber Freight Gains Share Of Trucking Industry | PYMNTS.com

Uber Freight accounts for more than 30% of all loads on load boards. Not bad for a company that started in 2017.

The market is fixed.

No, the market is not fixed. You are only worth as much as your employer can pay another person to do the same job and same quality of work. That's it.

You've defined fixed.

How in the world is that fixed? Fixed are unions. Fixed is minimum wage. Free market is where supply and demand create the value of something.

Who sets the market, other employers?

You've defined fixed.

Not really, we set the market. If you and others are willing to do a job for X amount of money, that's the going market rate. If an employer can't get you or anybody else to work for X amount of money for a particular job, then they have to increase the offer, thus increasing the going market rate.

Uber Freight accounts for more than 30% of all loads on load boards. Not bad for a company that started in 2017.

link please

You've defined fixed.

Markets are set by willing buyers and willing sellers.

You've defined fixed.

Markets are set by willing buyers and willing sellers.

Yep. I'm going to be looking for somebody to take care of an electrical problem over here. I'm not paying somebody an arm and a leg for a job another can do it at half the rate. It goes back to my earlier point. We all look to pay people that work for us the least amount of money we can. It's okay when we do it, but when an employer does it, it's pure evil.

you have to remember, this is the guy that claimed to pay 102 grand for a Chevy Silverado...so he seems to like paying far more than he has to or what things are worth

You can't refute my post so now you lie....

Didnt you claim to have all sorts of job openings?

I did. HR filled them.

You can't refute my post so now you lie....

upload_2019-10-8_21-11-23.png

With inflation and your State increasing taxes due to the feds not returning as much to the States, I'm sure your aren't better off.

Your company doesn't provide healthcare insurance?

Nope. My company (like many smaller outfits) got rid of the benefit thanks to that big-eared commie. My state didn't increase any taxes, only a gasoline tax that goes strictly to the roads.

Or did your company find a convenient excuse to fuck you out of your benefits?

A gas tax IS a tax.

And it was only implemented after the new Governor took office. It had nothing to do with the feds.

The feds are returning less monies to the States due to the 20% drop in revenue due to wealthy and corporate America tax cuts. Just wait, sales tax increases and property tax increases are next.

Even if there was any truth to that, it would be a good thing.

States should be more self-funded and less dependent of the federal government. Less dependency on the federal government is a great thing.

How many tens of billions do the feds spend in Ohio?

Sometimes but not always. Better employees does not always equate to proportional higher profits.

Several of our customers are changing their employee pool from white to black. Blacks will work for less money, and even though the quality of work is not as great, in the end, they save more money.

Ohio; Bringing back slavery one business at a time!

Forum List

Back