🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

America Reaches True Full Employment!!!

And it was only implemented after the new Governor took office. It had nothing to do with the feds.

The feds are returning less monies to the States due to the 20% drop in revenue due to wealthy and corporate America tax cuts. Just wait, sales tax increases and property tax increases are next.

Even if there was any truth to that, it would be a good thing.

States should be more self-funded and less dependent of the federal government. Less dependency on the federal government is a great thing.

How many tens of billions do the feds spend in Ohio?

I really don't know. But whatever it is, they didn't raise our taxes.

10.5 cents per gallon in Ohio. More to come.

And 19 cents on diesel which my employer is not happy about. However, those taxes go strictly to more road improvements.

It depends on the employer. But paying more is stupid. If you go out to a restaurant and buy a steak dinner for $25.00, do you offer to pay $35.00? If you want to buy a house for 190K, do you give the seller 230K?

Very few of us pay more for something than we have to, and that includes employers. They do nothing different than any one of of us. If you get three estimates to have your lawn cut, you don't take the most expensive one. If you need your transmission rebuilt in your car, you do't go with the highest priced garage.

Paying more attracts better employees.

Sometimes but not always. Better employees does not always equate to proportional higher profits.

Several of our customers are changing their employee pool from white to black. Blacks will work for less money, and even though the quality of work is not as great, in the end, they save more money.

Ohio; Bringing back slavery one business at a time!

Ignorant leftist. Slavery is forcing somebody to work for free, not offering a job to somebody who is more than willing to accept.

Isn't forced below livable wages a form of slavery? This is not Russia.

So who is being forced? Nobody is forced. Anybody who feels forced should come here and be a bricklayer. It's a $50.00 per hour job. Or my career for instance. We need 60,000 new drivers we can't find, and more expected as we baby boomers continue to retire.

No, paying market price is the free market.

Who sets the market, other employers?

Not really, we set the market. If you and others are willing to do a job for X amount of money, that's the going market rate. If an employer can't get you or anybody else to work for X amount of money for a particular job, then they have to increase the offer, thus increasing the going market rate.

If you set the market then ask your employer for a 50% raise and healthcare benefits. Let us know how it works out.

Part of setting the market is my employer can find somebody else to do the job for the rate I'm being paid now. So why would he pay me 50% more than another person that can take my place for the current rate I'm working for?

Because you're better than the other guy?

I'm not a brain surgeon, I'm a truck driver. A lot of people with my outstanding driving record can do my job.

Markets are set by willing buyers and willing sellers.

Yep. I'm going to be looking for somebody to take care of an electrical problem over here. I'm not paying somebody an arm and a leg for a job another can do it at half the rate. It goes back to my earlier point. We all look to pay people that work for us the least amount of money we can. It's okay when we do it, but when an employer does it, it's pure evil.

Cut rate electrical work? I'll get 9-1-1 rolling now!

No, I make sure my employees are bonded and insured. That's besides the fact my city requires their registry with our city before being allowed to do work here. Of course, they check their qualifications as I do.

Licensed, bonded, and insured electricians aren't cheap.

No, but I don't mind paying a reasonable rate. I always take the lower one if possible of course.

If you can't find workers then the employer is doing something radically bad.

that is a bit simplistic, to put it mildly.

there are industries where there are just a shortage of qualified workers.

There are regions that have a shortage of workers of any kind, let alone qualified ones.

Both my wife and my daughter are nurses and they work in different states in different parts of a hospital and both of their places of employment are constantly short nurses due to no fault of their own other than not being able to make the job easier.

If you can't find workers then the employer is doing something radically bad.

that is a bit simplistic, to put it mildly.

there are industries where there are just a shortage of qualified workers.

There are regions that have a shortage of workers of any kind, let alone qualified ones.

Both my wife and my daughter are nurses and they work in different states in different parts of a hospital and both of their places of employment are constantly short nurses due to no fault of their own other than not being able to make the job easier.

That's all across the country and has been going on for decades. If you are an RN, you can move to any part of the country you desire and never have to think about finding a job.

Markets are set by marketers telling you you need a Pet Rock.

Don't buy any Pet Rocks.

But people did? Can you guess how many?

Were you forced to buy a Pet Rock?
Forced to work for below market rates?

Liar.

No, but people did. Can you guess how many?

Market rates for employment are way to low.

The feds are returning less monies to the States due to the 20% drop in revenue due to wealthy and corporate America tax cuts. Just wait, sales tax increases and property tax increases are next.

Even if there was any truth to that, it would be a good thing.

States should be more self-funded and less dependent of the federal government. Less dependency on the federal government is a great thing.

How many tens of billions do the feds spend in Ohio?

I really don't know. But whatever it is, they didn't raise our taxes.

10.5 cents per gallon in Ohio. More to come.

And 19 cents on diesel which my employer is not happy about. However, those taxes go strictly to more road improvements.

Because expected returns from the feds are much lower.

Markets are set by marketers telling you you need a Pet Rock.

Don't buy any Pet Rocks.

But people did? Can you guess how many?

Liar.

People freely buying crap with their own money? That's awful!

Market rates are market rates.

Paying more attracts better employees.

Sometimes but not always. Better employees does not always equate to proportional higher profits.

Several of our customers are changing their employee pool from white to black. Blacks will work for less money, and even though the quality of work is not as great, in the end, they save more money.

Ignorant leftist. Slavery is forcing somebody to work for free, not offering a job to somebody who is more than willing to accept.

So who is being forced? Nobody is forced. Anybody who feels forced should come here and be a bricklayer. It's a $50.00 per hour job. Or my career for instance. We need 60,000 new drivers we can't find, and more expected as we baby boomers continue to retire.

If employers pay less than livable wage it is forced.

Breaking news! We need 60,000 new drivers we can't find because the industry has a 87% turn-over rate. I have a 1% turn-over rate. Can you guess why?

Breaking news! We need 60,000 new drivers we can't find because the industry has a 87% turn-over rate. I have a 1% turn-over rate. Can you guess why?

LOL!

Not really, we set the market. If you and others are willing to do a job for X amount of money, that's the going market rate. If an employer can't get you or anybody else to work for X amount of money for a particular job, then they have to increase the offer, thus increasing the going market rate.

If you set the market then ask your employer for a 50% raise and healthcare benefits. Let us know how it works out.

Part of setting the market is my employer can find somebody else to do the job for the rate I'm being paid now. So why would he pay me 50% more than another person that can take my place for the current rate I'm working for?

Because you're better than the other guy?

I'm not a brain surgeon, I'm a truck driver. A lot of people with my outstanding driving record can do my job.

Two sentences that should never be on a resume.

Yep. I'm going to be looking for somebody to take care of an electrical problem over here. I'm not paying somebody an arm and a leg for a job another can do it at half the rate. It goes back to my earlier point. We all look to pay people that work for us the least amount of money we can. It's okay when we do it, but when an employer does it, it's pure evil.

No, I make sure my employees are bonded and insured. That's besides the fact my city requires their registry with our city before being allowed to do work here. Of course, they check their qualifications as I do.

No, but I don't mind paying a reasonable rate. I always take the lower one if possible of course.

Licensed, bonded, and insured electricians aren't cheap at $50.00-$100.00 per hour.

Traditionally, full employment is considered 4%. Today it is at 3.5%. This is unseen for 50 years, so anyone who wants to find a job, even a Democrat, can.

Thanks Mr President.

158,269,000: Record Number of Employed in September; 3.5% Unemployment Rate Best Since 1969
Darn it. And here I thought the Mexicans had stolen all our jobs!
They stopped coming and so now you too can find a low-skill job. And you'll have to once Trump cuts off your free stuff.

That's what MAGA is all about.

Licensed, bonded, and insured electricians aren't cheap at $50.00-$100.00 per hour.

No. I found some that I hired in the past at much more reasonable rates than that. Not everybody is a crook you know.

Traditionally, full employment is considered 4%. Today it is at 3.5%. This is unseen for 50 years, so anyone who wants to find a job, even a Democrat, can.

Thanks Mr President.

158,269,000: Record Number of Employed in September; 3.5% Unemployment Rate Best Since 1969
They stopped coming
O'rly? What was all that shit about caravans you were all shitting your pants about? :lol:

They all left, eh? All 42 million? Really?

Thanks Mr President.

They stopped coming
O'rly? What was all that shit about caravans you were all shitting your pants about? :lol:

They all left, eh? All 42 million? Really?
The caravans were turned back. Now go and flip burgers instead of being a parasite.

Forum List

Back