🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

America Reaches True Full Employment!!!

An expensive car is. I never had a car in my life with payments close to that. In fact I bought a nice used car last month. My payments are $155.00 a month, and I have a full-time job 20 miles away from here. Who on disability needs a huge car payment like that????

And the last time you bought a new car was in the eighties? The new Chevy Silverado costs $102K, how much are the monthly payments?

If you paid 102K for that you are a fucking moron.

View attachment 283408

If your employer pays you enough, why not?

why would you overpay for something just because you are paid enough to do so? That is the dumbest thing I have heard from you yet.

With each post you are proving you do not know shit about business or even money.

Define "overpay" as it relates to your post?

The base model Chevy Silverado 3500HP is 36 grand MSRP (which nobody ever pays). The most tricked out model I have found was 65 grand. There is nothign they could have done to that truck to make it worth another 40 grand that you claim to have paid for it...thus if you were really stupid enough to pay that much you overpaid.

Most all employees are way underpaid for what they produce for their employers. Nobody can debate this.

I can.

It is bullshit. Employees are paid what the market will bear. If you do not think you are getting paid enough, that is on you.

The market is fixed.

No, the market is not fixed. You are only worth as much as your employer can pay another person to do the same job and same quality of work. That's it.

You've defined fixed.

They are for the most part lazy, entitled and do not want to work their way up.

I employ over 1000 of those "lazy, entitled and do not want to work their way up" workers and I haven't found what you've described.

nobody believes you.

Yet you can't refute anything I post.

I refute most everything you post. Then again you post nothing but opinion and have never thought about backing it up with actual facts or figures.

You bloviate.

not at all, I am always short and precise . you on the other hand post many thing you have never supported, thus you are full of shit till you prove otherwise.

Most all employees are way underpaid for what they produce for their employers. Nobody can debate this.

I can.

It is bullshit. Employees are paid what the market will bear. If you do not think you are getting paid enough, that is on you.

The market is fixed.

No, the market is not fixed. You are only worth as much as your employer can pay another person to do the same job and same quality of work. That's it.

You've defined fixed.

so you think that an employer should pay someone more than they could pay someone else to the the same job at the same quality.

now we know you have never owned a business.

Look around...see any empty malls?....any long standing empty store fronts for lease...how about truck traffic on the highways...more than ever....went to best buy yesterday and the store was packed with people...the restaurants are filled....the nation is great again...Trump Made America Great Again....

As a local truck driver, I can tell you we are busy as all hell, and so are our competitors. It's not so much new customers we are busy with, it's our current customers we've had for years.

The most interesting one is our packaging companies. They make boxes to sell to industry. They have their own drivers, but use us when things get busy instead of buying new trucks and hiring drivers (which are hard to find today). At times, we get one or two deliveries from those places a week. These days, one of those places uses us several times a day, and the other ones are using us several times a week.

The reason packaging companies are interesting is because it's a gauge of other businesses. When they are making more products, they need more boxes.

What percentage of your business is due to the record number of trucking company bankruptcy's?

Of you loads, what percentage are Amazon and UBER?

Very little. Because Amazon opened up a couple of places here, I have been to their facility a few times. Their outlet in Euclid, Ohio was not even open yet, but I delivered a couple trailers of packaging supplies. Who knows how much work we will do with them in the future when they get into full swing. But their investment here has our customers working to provide them with supplies. I also know several of our other drivers have been there as well.

Uber? I don't know what kind of work we could possibly get because of that company.

More than half of consumer products shipped are directly or indirectly Amazon.

You've never heard of UBER Freight?

No, I haven't. As far as I know, Uber only does taxi service and picks up food for lazy people.

UBER Freight is one of the biggest freight brokers in the US. I'm sure you've hauled for them.

Employers are in a hurry to get rid of their most productive workers as they are so easily replaced in today's work world. Always paying entry level wages is a strategy in a job market flooded with good workers.

Because they don't agree with tRump?

No, because the MSM reporting on Trump has been over 90% negative and still is regardless how great the country is doing.

The only thing tRump has done is reduced my tax liability by 50%. You, well you're fucked.

Nope. Under Trump, I'm bringing home more take home pay. I got a much larger tax return for 2018, and next year will be better now that Trump got rid of the Commie Care fines. Besides that, I'm working more hours because of the great economy.

Like I said, Trump should use Reagan's old line, asking people if they are better off today than they were four years ago. Most people (at least the ones with a brain) will realize they are, and opt to reelect the guy responsible for their good fortunes. The losers will base their vote on their personal dislike for the man.

With inflation and your State increasing taxes due to the feds not returning as much to the States, I'm sure your aren't better off.

Your company doesn't provide healthcare insurance?

Nope. My company (like many smaller outfits) got rid of the benefit thanks to that big-eared commie. My state didn't increase any taxes, only a gasoline tax that goes strictly to the roads.

Or did your company find a convenient excuse to fuck you out of your benefits?

A gas tax IS a tax.

That's what they were afraid of.
No kidding. If the stock market goes down a bit it's breaking news while the lowest unemployment in 50 years is insignificant.

If we have the lowest unemployment in 50 years, why are my five companies receiving 500+ resumes per month?

Then of course we have a record level credit card debt which makes me believe that most employed are under-employed.
/—-/ Do you have 500 openings? Are they working somewhere else and looking for a better job and money? Why do you assume the worst?

I didn't post that. Here is my post: "If we have the lowest unemployment in 50 years, why are my five companies receiving 500+ resumes per month?"

Because you're FOS, that's why. We have over a million jobs than Americans to do them.

Nope.

My guess Golfing Gator hates the American Worker.

I am the American worker dumb fuck, why would I hate myself?

could you make any less sense if you tried?

Anytime you write down of an American Worker, you're writing down of you.

The American worker is a wide swath of people, some are good and some are not. Just like in everything else.

The American Worker is the American Worker. People that Republicans need to be proud of, NOT screw-over.

I am not a Repub, hell most of the people on this forum think I am a far left winger.

Then why do you write down of the American Worker?

No, because the MSM reporting on Trump has been over 90% negative and still is regardless how great the country is doing.

The only thing tRump has done is reduced my tax liability by 50%. You, well you're fucked.

Nope. Under Trump, I'm bringing home more take home pay. I got a much larger tax return for 2018, and next year will be better now that Trump got rid of the Commie Care fines. Besides that, I'm working more hours because of the great economy.

Like I said, Trump should use Reagan's old line, asking people if they are better off today than they were four years ago. Most people (at least the ones with a brain) will realize they are, and opt to reelect the guy responsible for their good fortunes. The losers will base their vote on their personal dislike for the man.

With inflation and your State increasing taxes due to the feds not returning as much to the States, I'm sure your aren't better off.

Your company doesn't provide healthcare insurance?

Nope. My company (like many smaller outfits) got rid of the benefit thanks to that big-eared commie. My state didn't increase any taxes, only a gasoline tax that goes strictly to the roads.

Or did your company find a convenient excuse to fuck you out of your benefits?

A gas tax IS a tax.

And it was only implemented after the new Governor took office. It had nothing to do with the feds.

No kidding. If the stock market goes down a bit it's breaking news while the lowest unemployment in 50 years is insignificant.

If we have the lowest unemployment in 50 years, why are my five companies receiving 500+ resumes per month?

Then of course we have a record level credit card debt which makes me believe that most employed are under-employed.
/—-/ Do you have 500 openings? Are they working somewhere else and looking for a better job and money? Why do you assume the worst?

I didn't post that. Here is my post: "If we have the lowest unemployment in 50 years, why are my five companies receiving 500+ resumes per month?"

Because you're FOS, that's why. We have over a million jobs than Americans to do them.

Nope.

Yep.

There are still 1.4 million more jobs than unemployed people, but the gap is closing

As a local truck driver, I can tell you we are busy as all hell, and so are our competitors. It's not so much new customers we are busy with, it's our current customers we've had for years.

The most interesting one is our packaging companies. They make boxes to sell to industry. They have their own drivers, but use us when things get busy instead of buying new trucks and hiring drivers (which are hard to find today). At times, we get one or two deliveries from those places a week. These days, one of those places uses us several times a day, and the other ones are using us several times a week.

The reason packaging companies are interesting is because it's a gauge of other businesses. When they are making more products, they need more boxes.

What percentage of your business is due to the record number of trucking company bankruptcy's?

Of you loads, what percentage are Amazon and UBER?

Very little. Because Amazon opened up a couple of places here, I have been to their facility a few times. Their outlet in Euclid, Ohio was not even open yet, but I delivered a couple trailers of packaging supplies. Who knows how much work we will do with them in the future when they get into full swing. But their investment here has our customers working to provide them with supplies. I also know several of our other drivers have been there as well.

Uber? I don't know what kind of work we could possibly get because of that company.

More than half of consumer products shipped are directly or indirectly Amazon.

You've never heard of UBER Freight?

No, I haven't. As far as I know, Uber only does taxi service and picks up food for lazy people.

UBER Freight is one of the biggest freight brokers in the US. I'm sure you've hauled for them.

Nope. Never seen their trucks, never read any want ads in the paper.

I can.

The market is fixed.

You've defined fixed.

How in the world is that fixed? Fixed are unions. Fixed is minimum wage. Free market is where supply and demand create the value of something.

An expensive car is. I never had a car in my life with payments close to that. In fact I bought a nice used car last month. My payments are $155.00 a month, and I have a full-time job 20 miles away from here. Who on disability needs a huge car payment like that????

That is an insane payment, that is for sure. The wife and I have bought two new cars since last summer and both payments together do not come close to 625

It's fine if you can afford it which she could when she was working. But if you can't work anymore, and it's a choice between your car and your home, guess what, that car is gone.

The car I bought is a 2016 Camry. I put $7,500 down, and they gave me 3K for trading in my old one. That's how I ended up with such a low payment. It's in mint condition, and only had 20K miles when I bought it. I purchased the extended warranty which gives me bumper to bumper protection for the next 7 years, or 105,000 miles, whichever comes first. That includes towing and a rental vehicle while mine is in the shop.

If she immediately sold the car she had when trouble came up, she could have had the same or better deal. Plus she would have saved her home, or at the very least, been able to afford a nice apartment if she didn't. A nice apartment in these parts is around 800 bucks a month. She could have taken that 625, added 200 bucks a month to it, and had a really nice place to live.

You bought a used car and paid a big down payment (from your slumlord proceeds) and had a trade in.

Shame your employer doesn't pay you a good salary so you can afford a new one.

You don't know what my employer pays me, and who said I couldn't afford a new one? This one with 20,000 miles on it is 7K cheeper than a new one. I have a great car and saved 7K at the same time. I don't have to have a new car. See, this is what I was talking about when it comes to being responsible.

I suspect you don't make what you're worth.

Toyota's hold their value and don't depreciate much driving off the lot, especially the Camry hybrid and the Highlander, which in my opinion as a leasing company owner are the only two vehicles today worth buying.

Yes, Toyota's hold their value very well, but you're not going to get anybody to pay you dealer price once you owned it already.

I am the American worker dumb fuck, why would I hate myself?

could you make any less sense if you tried?

The American worker is a wide swath of people, some are good and some are not. Just like in everything else.

The American Worker is the American Worker. People that Republicans need to be proud of, NOT screw-over.

I am not a Repub, hell most of the people on this forum think I am a far left winger.

I don't. I am honest about the American worker. you live in a fantasy land where you are a business owner and every worker is the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

The problem is both of those things only exist in your mind and not in reality.

I don't. I am honest about the American worker. you live in a fantasy land where you are a business owner and every worker is the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

The problem is both of those things only exist in your mind and not in reality.

I don't know any business owner who talks about overpaying labor, and at the same time, has thriving businesses.

Anybody in business who even wants to pay high salaries and provide outstanding benefits simply can't, because their competition will put them out of business. If you and I both manufacture widgets, we both have to sell them around the same price. I can't sell my widgets in the US if I pay my employees 50% more in wages and benefits than you do. Nobody would buy them.

This is the position many employers are in. I'm sure my employer would love to pay us more money, or even bring back heath benefits, but he can't because he's competing with other delivery companies that are paying the same as he is.

To me, OnePercenter sounds like a disgruntled blue collar worker who thinks he's drastically underpaid. He won't get into a profession that pays more, he won't get the training or education, he simply wants to inspect parts or something, and make 60K a year.

Go to 2010, when waiters lost their full time jobs, if more than 50 people worked at the same place. You had to provide Obama care, in which costed jobs. Just one example you forget about.
because it is pure BULLSHIT!
Pt workers who want FT jobs went DOWN after the PPACA was passed, but you knew that already.
Lol, Obama care turned fulltime jobs into part time jobs.

Employers turned full-time jobs into part-time jobs.
They were forced to through Obama care.

Forum List

Back