America Reaches True Full Employment!!!

If we have the lowest unemployment in 50 years, why are my five companies receiving 500+ resumes per month?

Then of course we have a record level credit card debt which makes me believe that most employed are under-employed.

We may have record level of credit card debt because thanks to Democrats, we are creating more irresponsible people. But more than that is people are confident of our economy. When people are self-assured they have income in the future, they spend it now.

Nah, it's because the poor with credit are finding it increasing hard to pay their bills and see another crash coming.

Don't create bills you can't pay.

I don't know many people today that don't have a smart phone, and most of them are newer. I don't know many people today without cable, satellite or the internet. I don't know (or see) many people today with a car more than seven years old.

A few years back an old friend of mine was looking to move out of her mothers home. They don't get along very well. She moved in with her mother after she lost her home due to losing her job and going on disability. I happen to had an open apartment, and offered it to her for less money than I planned on renting it out for.

She came over, looked at the place and said she'd get back to me after she made a decision. A few days later she contacted me and declined my offer; said even though I was charging much less than it would normally go for, she still couldn't afford it.

So we BS'd for about a half hour, mostly about her situation. Then she told me about the bills she had, and I was stunned at what she said. Among the non-essential things she listed, she told me she had a car payment of $625 a month.

I asked her if she was nuts or something? I suggested she get rid of the Fn car, and buy something older where she did't have a car payment, and get herself a nice apartment instead. She didn't even consider it. Thinking back, that stupid car payment is probably why she fell behind on her mortgage and lost her house in the first place.

She's not alone. Many Americans have Fd up priorities. Between a car and a home, I'm choosing a home.

A car is a "non-essential thing?"

a car with a 625 a month payment is a a "non-essential thing

So what monthly payment would be classified as "essential?"

If we have the lowest unemployment in 50 years, why are my five companies receiving 500+ resumes per month?

Then of course we have a record level credit card debt which makes me believe that most employed are under-employed.

We may have record level of credit card debt because thanks to Democrats, we are creating more irresponsible people. But more than that is people are confident of our economy. When people are self-assured they have income in the future, they spend it now.

Nah, it's because the poor with credit are finding it increasing hard to pay their bills and see another crash coming.

I don't know many people today that don't have a smart phone, and most of them are newer. I don't know many people today without cable, satellite or the internet. I don't know (or see) many people today with a car more than seven years old.

A few years back an old friend of mine was looking to move out of her mothers home. They don't get along very well. She moved in with her mother after she lost her home due to losing her job and going on disability. I happen to had an open apartment, and offered it to her for less money than I planned on renting it out for.

She came over, looked at the place and said she'd get back to me after she made a decision. A few days later she contacted me and declined my offer; said even though I was charging much less than it would normally go for, she still couldn't afford it.

So we BS'd for about a half hour, mostly about her situation. Then she told me about the bills she had, and I was stunned at what she said. Among the non-essential things she listed, she told me she had a car payment of $625 a month.

I asked her if she was nuts or something? I suggested she get rid of the Fn car, and buy something older where she did't have a car payment, and get herself a nice apartment instead. She didn't even consider it. Thinking back, that stupid car payment is probably why she fell behind on her mortgage and lost her house in the first place.

She's not alone. Many Americans have Fd up priorities. Between a car and a home, I'm choosing a home.

An expensive car is. I never had a car in my life with payments close to that. In fact I bought a nice used car last month. My payments are $155.00 a month, and I have a full-time job 20 miles away from here. Who on disability needs a huge car payment like that????

And the last time you bought a new car was in the eighties? The new Chevy Silverado costs $102K, how much are the monthly payments?

you can buy a car that gets you where you are going for less than 2 grand. May not be the nicest thing out there, but it will work.

I work with a guy that makes about what I do and he has a 92 Buick that is still running that he drives to work and back. No air, no power windows but it does the job. He makes close to 80 grand a year.

An expensive car is. I never had a car in my life with payments close to that. In fact I bought a nice used car last month. My payments are $155.00 a month, and I have a full-time job 20 miles away from here. Who on disability needs a huge car payment like that????

That is an insane payment, that is for sure. The wife and I have bought two new cars since last summer and both payments together do not come close to 625

What kind of cars?

And the last time you bought a new car was in the eighties? The new Chevy Silverado costs $102K, how much are the monthly payments?

If you paid 102K for that you are a fucking moron.

upload_2019-10-7_17-17-23.png

That is an insane payment, that is for sure. The wife and I have bought two new cars since last summer and both payments together do not come close to 625

What kind of cars?

A Kia Forte and a Ford Escape. The former was 1 year used and the latter was brand spanking new.

Traditionally, full employment us considered 4%. Today it is at 3.5%. This is unseen for 50 years, so anyone who wants to find a job, even a Democrat, can.

Thanks Mr President.

158,269,000: Record Number of Employed in September; 3.5% Unemployment Rate Best Since 1969

That's what they were afraid of.
No kidding. If the stock market goes down a bit it's breaking news while the lowest unemployment in 50 years is insignificant.

/—-/ Do you have 500 openings? Are they working somewhere else and looking for a better job and money? Why do you assume the worst?

It's fine if you can afford it which she could when she was working. But if you can't work anymore, and it's a choice between your car and your home, guess what, that car is gone.

The car I bought is a 2016 Camry. I put $7,500 down, and they gave me 3K for trading in my old one. That's how I ended up with such a low payment. It's in mint condition, and only had 20K miles when I bought it. I purchased the extended warranty which gives me bumper to bumper protection for the next 7 years, or 105,000 miles, whichever comes first. That includes towing and a rental vehicle while mine is in the shop.

If she immediately sold the car she had when trouble came up, she could have had the same or better deal. Plus she would have saved her home, or at the very least, been able to afford a nice apartment if she didn't. A nice apartment in these parts is around 800 bucks a month. She could have taken that 625, added 200 bucks a month to it, and had a really nice place to live.

You bought a used car and paid a big down payment (from your slumlord proceeds) and had a trade in.

Shame your employer doesn't pay you a good salary so you can afford a new one.

When Obama left office there were a RECORD number of Americans working.
You still need some new lies.

He added 2 million more working Americans when he left office compared to 2007. However the population growth in the same time frame went up nearly 20 million people. Trump added nearly 3 million jobs since he took over in 3 years.
Obama recovered all the jobs Bush lost plus about 10 million more than when Obama started. 142,152,000 working Jan 2009 and 152,128,000 when he left.

Don't you mean a Democrat congress lost?
Nope, BUSH lost them and YOU know it!

Oh no, the leftist has been challenged on his left-parroting. So, it's Bush's fault. The Democrat controlled congress is innocent, perhaps because they're weak and sport the victim role, which the left adores. Do tell us all what Bush did to crash the ecomoney.......

BushCo didn't enforce existing laws which caused the crash.

Go to 2010, when waiters lost their full time jobs, if more than 50 people worked at the same place. You had to provide Obama care, in which costed jobs. Just one example you forget about.
because it is pure BULLSHIT!
Pt workers who want FT jobs went DOWN after the PPACA was passed, but you knew that already.
Lol, Obama care turned fulltime jobs into part time jobs.

Employers turned full-time jobs into part-time jobs.

Can't promote business on the USMB.
Again with the lies. I posted mine many times years ago.

Try it again. Let's see what happens.
Coward is busted. Liar trying to weasel out.

It's a violation of TOS.
Stop quoting me ya retard. I have ZERO interest in interacting with an obvious liar.

Then stop quoting me. Everyone knows you have nothing to say.

you can buy a car that gets you where you are going for less than 2 grand. May not be the nicest thing out there, but it will work.

I work with a guy that makes about what I do and he has a 92 Buick that is still running that he drives to work and back. No air, no power windows but it does the job. He makes close to 80 grand a year.

So let me guess, he drives the beater and his wife drives the new one.

View attachment 283408

If your employer pays you enough, why not?

Today's young workers are the hardest working generation this nation has ever seen. Their productivity is unrivaled considering their pay.

My guess Golfing Gator hates the American Worker.

I am the American worker dumb fuck, why would I hate myself?

could you make any less sense if you tried?

Anytime you write down of an American Worker, you're writing down of you.

The American worker is a wide swath of people, some are good and some are not. Just like in everything else.

View attachment 283408

If your employer pays you enough, why not?

why would you overpay for something just because you are paid enough to do so? That is the dumbest thing I have heard from you yet.

With each post you are proving you do not know shit about business or even money.

Forum List

Back