🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

America Reaches True Full Employment!!!

No kidding. If the stock market goes down a bit it's breaking news while the lowest unemployment in 50 years is insignificant.

If we have the lowest unemployment in 50 years, why are my five companies receiving 500+ resumes per month?

Then of course we have a record level credit card debt which makes me believe that most employed are under-employed.

We may have record level of credit card debt because thanks to Democrats, we are creating more irresponsible people. But more than that is people are confident of our economy. When people are self-assured they have income in the future, they spend it now.

Nah, it's because the poor with credit are finding it increasing hard to pay their bills and see another crash coming.

Don't create bills you can't pay.

I don't know many people today that don't have a smart phone, and most of them are newer. I don't know many people today without cable, satellite or the internet. I don't know (or see) many people today with a car more than seven years old.

A few years back an old friend of mine was looking to move out of her mothers home. They don't get along very well. She moved in with her mother after she lost her home due to losing her job and going on disability. I happen to had an open apartment, and offered it to her for less money than I planned on renting it out for.

She came over, looked at the place and said she'd get back to me after she made a decision. A few days later she contacted me and declined my offer; said even though I was charging much less than it would normally go for, she still couldn't afford it.

So we BS'd for about a half hour, mostly about her situation. Then she told me about the bills she had, and I was stunned at what she said. Among the non-essential things she listed, she told me she had a car payment of $625 a month.

I asked her if she was nuts or something? I suggested she get rid of the Fn car, and buy something older where she did't have a car payment, and get herself a nice apartment instead. She didn't even consider it. Thinking back, that stupid car payment is probably why she fell behind on her mortgage and lost her house in the first place.

She's not alone. Many Americans have Fd up priorities. Between a car and a home, I'm choosing a home.

A car is a "non-essential thing?"

An expensive car is. I never had a car in my life with payments close to that. In fact I bought a nice used car last month. My payments are $155.00 a month, and I have a full-time job 20 miles away from here. Who on disability needs a huge car payment like that????

An expensive car is. I never had a car in my life with payments close to that. In fact I bought a nice used car last month. My payments are $155.00 a month, and I have a full-time job 20 miles away from here. Who on disability needs a huge car payment like that????

That is an insane payment, that is for sure. The wife and I have bought two new cars since last summer and both payments together do not come close to 625

That is an insane payment, that is for sure. The wife and I have bought two new cars since last summer and both payments together do not come close to 625

It's fine if you can afford it which she could when she was working. But if you can't work anymore, and it's a choice between your car and your home, guess what, that car is gone.

The car I bought is a 2016 Camry. I put $7,500 down, and they gave me 3K for trading in my old one. That's how I ended up with such a low payment. It's in mint condition, and only had 20K miles when I bought it. I purchased the extended warranty which gives me bumper to bumper protection for the next 7 years, or 105,000 miles, whichever comes first. That includes towing and a rental vehicle while mine is in the shop.

If she immediately sold the car she had when trouble came up, she could have had the same or better deal. Plus she would have saved her home, or at the very least, been able to afford a nice apartment if she didn't. A nice apartment in these parts is around 800 bucks a month. She could have taken that 625, added 200 bucks a month to it, and had a really nice place to live.

Definitely not reducing jobs, like Obama care.
When Obama left office there were a RECORD number of Americans working.
You still need some new lies.

He added 2 million more working Americans when he left office compared to 2007. However the population growth in the same time frame went up nearly 20 million people. Trump added nearly 3 million jobs since he took over in 3 years.
Obama recovered all the jobs Bush lost plus about 10 million more than when Obama started. 142,152,000 working Jan 2009 and 152,128,000 when he left.

Don't you mean a Democrat congress lost?
Nope, BUSH lost them and YOU know it!

Oh no, the leftist has been challenged on his left-parroting. So, it's Bush's fault. The Democrat controlled congress is innocent, perhaps because they're weak and sport the victim role, which the left adores. Do tell us all what Bush did to crash the ecomoney.......

Pure unadulterated FAKE NEWS!
From your lying link:"Investing.com -- A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions. The study shows that the jobs were temporary, contract positions, or part-time "gig" jobs in a variety of fields."

Under Obama FT jobs grew from 115,818,000 when he started to 124,591,000 when he left, that's 8.7 million of the 10 million jobs created were FULL TIME jobs.

When Obama left office there were a RECORD number of Americans working.
You still need some new lies.

He added 2 million more working Americans when he left office compared to 2007. However the population growth in the same time frame went up nearly 20 million people. Trump added nearly 3 million jobs since he took over in 3 years.
Obama recovered all the jobs Bush lost plus about 10 million more than when Obama started. 142,152,000 working Jan 2009 and 152,128,000 when he left.

Don't you mean a Democrat congress lost?
Nope, BUSH lost them and YOU know it!

Oh no, the leftist has been challenged on his left-parroting. So, it's Bush's fault. The Democrat controlled congress is innocent, perhaps because they're weak and sport the victim role, which the left adores. Do tell us all what Bush did to crash the ecomoney.......
In Dec 2003 Bush made no downpayment loans for more than the property was worth to borrowers with bad credit as part of his ADDI, creating the sub prime bubble that burst in Dec 2007.

Go to 2010, when waiters lost their full time jobs, if more than 50 people worked at the same place. You had to provide Obama care, in which costed jobs. Just one example you forget about.
because it is pure BULLSHIT!
Pt workers who want FT jobs went DOWN after the PPACA was passed, but you knew that already.

Go to 2010, when waiters lost their full time jobs, if more than 50 people worked at the same place. You had to provide Obama care, in which costed jobs. Just one example you forget about.
Pt workers who want FT jobs went DOWN after the PPACA was passed, but you knew that already.
Lol, Obama care turned fulltime jobs into part time jobs.

A proven lie, and you know it!

Nope I remember you liberals were talking about how cheap companies were. Trying to blame it on them. Instead of Obama. Liberals do nothing but lie.

Nope I remember you liberals were talking about how cheap companies were. Trying to blame it on them. Instead of Obama. Liberals do nothing but lie.
as has already been proven, PT jobs for workers who wanted FT jobs DECLINED by about 3 million AFTER the PPACA was passed.

Trump has forced the corrupt media to prove just how incredibly biased and dishonest they are.

Because they don't agree with tRump?

No, because the MSM reporting on Trump has been over 90% negative and still is regardless how great the country is doing.

The only thing tRump has done is reduced my tax liability by 50%. You, well you're fucked.

Nope. Under Trump, I'm bringing home more take home pay. I got a much larger tax return for 2018, and next year will be better now that Trump got rid of the Commie Care fines. Besides that, I'm working more hours because of the great economy.

Like I said, Trump should use Reagan's old line, asking people if they are better off today than they were four years ago. Most people (at least the ones with a brain) will realize they are, and opt to reelect the guy responsible for their good fortunes. The losers will base their vote on their personal dislike for the man.

With inflation and your State increasing taxes due to the feds not returning as much to the States, I'm sure your aren't better off.

Your company doesn't provide healthcare insurance?

Look around...see any empty malls?....any long standing empty store fronts for lease...how about truck traffic on the highways...more than ever....went to best buy yesterday and the store was packed with people...the restaurants are filled....the nation is great again...Trump Made America Great Again....

As a local truck driver, I can tell you we are busy as all hell, and so are our competitors. It's not so much new customers we are busy with, it's our current customers we've had for years.

The most interesting one is our packaging companies. They make boxes to sell to industry. They have their own drivers, but use us when things get busy instead of buying new trucks and hiring drivers (which are hard to find today). At times, we get one or two deliveries from those places a week. These days, one of those places uses us several times a day, and the other ones are using us several times a week.

The reason packaging companies are interesting is because it's a gauge of other businesses. When they are making more products, they need more boxes.

What percentage of your business is due to the record number of trucking company bankruptcy's?

Of you loads, what percentage are Amazon and UBER?

Very little. Because Amazon opened up a couple of places here, I have been to their facility a few times. Their outlet in Euclid, Ohio was not even open yet, but I delivered a couple trailers of packaging supplies. Who knows how much work we will do with them in the future when they get into full swing. But their investment here has our customers working to provide them with supplies. I also know several of our other drivers have been there as well.

Uber? I don't know what kind of work we could possibly get because of that company.

More than half of consumer products shipped are directly or indirectly Amazon.

You've never heard of UBER Freight?

Because there's no way you can know for sure.
Post your business website and throw the USMB logo in an obscure corner.
Simple enough.

Can't promote business on the USMB.
Again with the lies. I posted mine many times years ago.

Try it again. Let's see what happens.
Coward is busted. Liar trying to weasel out.

It's a violation of TOS.

Post your business website and throw the USMB logo in an obscure corner.
Simple enough.

Can't promote business on the USMB.
Again with the lies. I posted mine many times years ago.

Try it again. Let's see what happens.
Coward is busted. Liar trying to weasel out.

It's a violation of TOS.
Stop quoting me ya retard. I have ZERO interest in interacting with an obvious liar.

Most all employees are way underpaid for what they produce for their employers. Nobody can debate this.

That's due to technology and modern equipment more than the individual. American workers are producing more per person thanks to automation, not because they are working any harder.

As a Truck Driver, if you're not making a minimum of $50K per year, you're underpaid.

That's what they were afraid of.
No kidding. If the stock market goes down a bit it's breaking news while the lowest unemployment in 50 years is insignificant.

If we have the lowest unemployment in 50 years, why are my five companies receiving 500+ resumes per month?

Then of course we have a record level credit card debt which makes me believe that most employed are under-employed.
Obama care turn full time jobs into part time jobs. Give Trump a little more time. He will correct that too.

Show me in ACA where it states that.

Again, show me in ACA where it states that.

Forum List

Back