America Rocks!

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Wouldn't a democracy put itself ahead of other countries? We could have rulers who secretly collaborate with other countries and put America second to their agenda but I really doubt people in any democracy would actually agree to that. What would the point if having a democracy if the voters didn't have any control over their own country?

Wouldn't a democracy put itself ahead of other countries? We could have rulers who secretly collaborate with other countries and put America second to their agenda but I really doubt people in any democracy would actually agree to that. What would the point if having a democracy if the voters didn't have any control over their own country?

giphy.gif

• Banned
One man, one vote.

What would be the point of voting if the people in power constantly put their wishes behind that those of the leaders of other countries? We might as well have them elect our politicians and they dictate how we are to live. I don't know if voting would be useful or even effective at that point.

And I know my congressmen have always voted for what they saw as the nation's best interest. But then I may be a bit naïve, after all in my younger days I did vote for 3 out of the Keating 5.

• Banned
And I know my congressmen have always voted for what they saw as the nation's best interest. But then I may be a bit naïve, after all in my younger days I did vote for 3 out of the Keating 5.

I always vote for the politician that does what I want. I and the rest of my fellow contrymen then decide what is best for this country. The politicians just have to obey.

Forum List

Back