America Says "No Moore"

he dosen't like the dems either. ive seen some of his ass flamming letters to the DNC. I keep hoping this 5000 lbs of pig shit will grab his chest and hit the floor dead !!!!

I am not much impressed with his movies, but the anger of the right about the guy amuses the shit out of me.

I am not much impressed with his movies, but the anger of the right about the guy amuses the shit out of me.

Meh, there is less "anger" from the right about Moore when compared to Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh, so it's not as much fun. ;)

Number 1, who cares how much he makes or what he buys with his money??
He earned it fair and square and should be able to buy anything he wants!
He's never railed against rich people or buying nice things.
No one, including his fat ass, believes that hard work shouldn't be rewarded. It's about destructive greed. There is a huge difference. I'm sure you're not to dense to see that.
His movies in the past have grossed a lot of money. Therefor he is given a lot of money to make new ones. Ya see how that works?

And Number 2, I will ask for the 8th time for all of you calling him a LIAR....
Name one lie!!!
One "quoted FACT" from Fahrenheit, or Sicko, or whatever....and a reputable link to the proof showing said quote is a lie.

According to Obama's pay czar there should be a cap of $500K for everyone across the board.

I think in Moore's case I agree with him.

Nice job with this total fabrication.
I just admitted that there was something to some of this MM criticism.
Why make shit up?
This PAY CZAR is only involved with money going to the companies getting billions in govt stimulus money , you dope!
Or maybe you'd like those CEO's making 20 mil a year of tax money for a failed business?
Or maybe you knew that and you were being deceptive.....:cool:

Michael Moore (of whom I am not in awe) did a number on Sean last night on Sean's program. Moore did everything but slap Sean across the face, gut punch him, turn him around and bend him over and have his way with him. Did you Sean's face? He was like a four year old being scolded by his dad. Wow!

Moore did do a decent job - but he also ducked and jived big time - as he always does. His a master of spin.

As to some facts surrounding Moore than are in stark contradiction to his message...

According to Fortune Magazine, Moore’s films have grossed over $300 million worldwide. His highest grossing film was “Fahrenheit 9/11,” which critiques the Bush administration’s handling of the war in Iraq and earned over $200 million worldwide.

Moore reportedly was paid $21 million by Disney for producing, directing and creating the film.

Moore also earned 50 percent of the profits of his 2007 film “Sicko,” totaling $25 million plus DVD sales, according to Vanity Fair.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Moore would receive all of the profits made from DVD sales of “Sicko,” sales of which have been estimated at over $17 million.

And the after party for his premiere was a garish display of uppity Manhattanism...

The event, hosted by Esquire, doubled as the launch of the magazine’s “Ultimate Bachelor Pad,” a fully tricked-out, 11-room, nine-bathroom, 9,200-square-foot signature penthouse in SoHo, filled with flatscreens, sleek, modern furniture and luxury brands—each room meticulously designed around an advertisers’ theme. (The Hugo Boss bedroom! The Heineken lounge! The Lufthansa kitchen!)

As Esquire publisher Kevin O’Malley explains in the Esquire SoHo brochure, part of the reason that the magazine does this every year—alternating between New York and L.A.—is to meet its “advertisers’ growing need to create relevant and innovative new consumer touchpoints for their brands. Our affluent readers share a range of passions: a real desire for the best-of-class products and services that our advertisers represent.”

In other words, the pinnacle of capitalism. A fantasy in capital excess. A byproduct of the corporate greed Moore rails against in the film.

By the time Moore arrived, the party was in full swing, with revelers enjoying the 360-degree views of Lower Manhattan on the 3,000-square-foot terrace, top-shelf themed bars, sipping signature cocktails (there was a guy hired to blow dry ice on one pomegranate-and-melon-martini thing) and devouring skewers of filet mignon.

Esquire even hired models to strip down and slip into the obligatory hot tub.

___

MOOREWATCH - Watching Michael Moore's every move

Newsflash, Sin -- He's not against "capitalism," he's just against the greedy bastards who manipulate capitalism at the expense of the profits of private enterprises except their own.

According to Obama's pay czar there should be a cap of $500K for everyone across the board.

I think in Moore's case I agree with him.

Why make shit up?
This PAY CZAR is only involved with money going to the companies getting billions in govt stimulus money , you dope!
Or maybe you'd like those CEO's making 20 mil a year of tax money for a failed business?

You best catch up on the musings of Barney Frank - he has indicated a desire to extend the pay cap program across the board...

Michael Moore (of whom I am not in awe) did a number on Sean last night on Sean's program. Moore did everything but slap Sean across the face, gut punch him, turn him around and bend him over and have his way with him. Did you Sean's face? He was like a four year old being scolded by his dad. Wow!

Moore did do a decent job - but he also ducked and jived big time - as he always does. His a master of spin.

As to some facts surrounding Moore than are in stark contradiction to his message...

According to Fortune Magazine, Moore’s films have grossed over $300 million worldwide. His highest grossing film was “Fahrenheit 9/11,” which critiques the Bush administration’s handling of the war in Iraq and earned over $200 million worldwide.

Moore reportedly was paid $21 million by Disney for producing, directing and creating the film.

Moore also earned 50 percent of the profits of his 2007 film “Sicko,” totaling $25 million plus DVD sales, according to Vanity Fair.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Moore would receive all of the profits made from DVD sales of “Sicko,” sales of which have been estimated at over $17 million.

And the after party for his premiere was a garish display of uppity Manhattanism...

The event, hosted by Esquire, doubled as the launch of the magazine’s “Ultimate Bachelor Pad,” a fully tricked-out, 11-room, nine-bathroom, 9,200-square-foot signature penthouse in SoHo, filled with flatscreens, sleek, modern furniture and luxury brands—each room meticulously designed around an advertisers’ theme. (The Hugo Boss bedroom! The Heineken lounge! The Lufthansa kitchen!)

As Esquire publisher Kevin O’Malley explains in the Esquire SoHo brochure, part of the reason that the magazine does this every year—alternating between New York and L.A.—is to meet its “advertisers’ growing need to create relevant and innovative new consumer touchpoints for their brands. Our affluent readers share a range of passions: a real desire for the best-of-class products and services that our advertisers represent.”

In other words, the pinnacle of capitalism. A fantasy in capital excess. A byproduct of the corporate greed Moore rails against in the film.

By the time Moore arrived, the party was in full swing, with revelers enjoying the 360-degree views of Lower Manhattan on the 3,000-square-foot terrace, top-shelf themed bars, sipping signature cocktails (there was a guy hired to blow dry ice on one pomegranate-and-melon-martini thing) and devouring skewers of filet mignon.

___

Newsflash, Sin -- He's not against "capitalism," he's just against the greedy bastards who manipulate capitalism at the expense of the profits of private enterprises except their own.

____

Nope - he plays his schtick as the "common man" fighting big greedy corporate America while cashing his checks from big greedy corporate America.

His offense is complete fabrication.

But hey, he's livin' the American Dream! Not that it seems to please him any...

I guess the critics of Michael Moore's latest offering don't realize that he also takes on the Obama administration's bailout of the greedy capitalist bankers. It's just one more example of the uninformed wild-eyed right wingers whose knee-jerk reactions to anyone or anything that doesn't ooze a perceived sweet smell of uber conservatism must be evil. There's been a revitalization of extreme tunnel vision where logic and rational thought are not allowed. Pathetic.

lots of lefties dont like this ass also Maggie.....as the box office tells us....

I'm pretty much neutral on any quasi documentaries with a propagandized message. There are also plenty out there that the far right produces, but just lacking name recognition. Ironically, one of them, "Hillary: The Movie," has been the subject of a Supreme Court decision as to whether a corporation has the same right to "free speech" as an individual.

I don't care who or what he criticizes! The man is a hypocritical propagandist that uses lies and deception to mislead people. He is dishonest, plain and simple.

But the major Republican politicians who echoed the 'Death Panel' bullshit are paragons of honesty?

Ah, the language that was taken out of the bill after the issue was raised?

Yes indeed!

The words "DEATH PANELS" never appeared in any draft bill. Ever. There was a reference to a "panel of doctors." Will you ever stop your fucking lying?

But the major Republican politicians who echoed the 'Death Panel' bullshit are paragons of honesty?

Ah, the language that was taken out of the bill after the issue was raised?

Yes indeed!

Grassley and Blumenuer wrote that language. There was no way that it can be misconstrued to be a Death Panel bill. It simply said that once every five years, if a Medicare recipient requested it, Medicare would pay for end of life counseling with a doctor.

The language was takin out because of the idiocy stated about the amendments. And Grassley was a yellow coward for backing out of a principled position for the sake of killing the whole bill.

You have a lot more patience with people like Sinatra the :ahole-1: than I do. I'm sick of his exaggerated bullshit.

Me too. I think they get verrrry upset when someone has the nerve to upstage one of their own idols.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zZML9BaT3c&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Rush Limbaugh - Chicago Rejected[/ame]

Why make shit up?

You best catch up on the musings of Barney Frank - he has indicated a desire to extend the pay cap program across the board...

Barney Frank muses about a lot of things. That doesn't make it policy, Pianohead.

___

____

Nope - he plays his schtick as the "common man" fighting big greedy corporate America while cashing his checks from big greedy corporate America.

So can I presume you're delighted that Big Bankers fucked over your 401K? Hey, as long as they're capitalists making a buck for themselves, who cares how many people are now standing in unemployment lines or retired people who will now have to go back to work, eh?

Do documetaries usually do well at the box office?.....I really don't take my kids to them.

____

So can I presume you're delighted that Big Bankers fucked over your 401K? Hey, as long as they're capitalists making a buck for themselves, who cares how many people are now standing in unemployment lines or retired people who will now have to go back to work, eh?

Ex-freakin-zactly.
What's wrong with you people?!
Moore's problem with run-away capitalism is the destruction it's caused to America!
Ok. One example from millions. Nike: able to pay 20mill a year to Tiger Woods (just one of dozens of multi-mil clients)because they have no manufacturing in America providing jobs for Americans to have the money to buy their shoes.
A company like this couldn't afford to produce shoes and clothes in America like we did 50 years ago when just about ANY full time employee could afford to live the American dream?
Jezus, people! It's right in front of your faces! Quit being fucking sheep!

moore-franklin.jpg

Me and the family went to Zombieland last week and we enjoyed ourselves but I will wait for this M.M. film to come out in DVD so I can watch it at home.

Forum List

Back