America Spends The Most On Health Care, Yet Gets The Least

Then don't rely upon insurance.

A lot of people who render medical services give discounts for cash purchasers and offer payment plans.

The whole "people dying in the streets" myth is ...well...a myth.

Then don't rely on Insurance? Excellent plan, I promise you don't have cash on hand to pay off a week in a hospital let alone cancer treatment with chemo for a year. But way to think big picture. :doubt:
Lots of stuff in life is expensive....That doesn't mean that we should devise a gubmint program to provide "free" housing, automobiles and NY strips for everyone who wants them.

Speaking of which, what if we had federally funded "food insurance"?...Oh yeah, Soviet Russia already tried that and ended up with people standing in line for days to get a few loaves of bread.

We already have federally funded "food insurance". It's called "Food Stamps" and "Agricultural subsidies". Food is heavily subsidized and regulated. There is no "free market" for food

Then don't rely on Insurance? Excellent plan, I promise you don't have cash on hand to pay off a week in a hospital let alone cancer treatment with chemo for a year. But way to think big picture. :doubt:
Lots of stuff in life is expensive....That doesn't mean that we should devise a gubmint program to provide "free" housing, automobiles and NY strips for everyone who wants them.

Speaking of which, what if we had federally funded "food insurance"?...Oh yeah, Soviet Russia already tried that and ended up with people standing in line for days to get a few loaves of bread.

We already have federally funded "food insurance". It's called "Food Stamps" and "Agricultural subsidies". Food is heavily subsidized and regulated. There is no "free market" for food

I went over that with him. He changed the topic and ignored everything I said. Just like he's doing now with my last couple of posts.

No one is questioning the quality of our health care. It is the best.

Not the best. Not even close.

There are third world nations with lower child mortality rates than the US.

hey Sanka....if you were in dire need of major surgery and had a choice between going to anywhere in the US or anywhere in Zimbabwe....where would you go?....

And I see we have another wingnut who is obsessed with me.

To answer your question, I'm rich so I don't have to go to Zimbabwe.

Now answer my question - If you were poor and you got cancer, how would you pay for the treatment?

hey Sanka....if you were in dire need of major surgery and had a choice between going to anywhere in the US or anywhere in Zimbabwe....where would you go?....

Harry, quit deflecting. The question is not the quality of US health care but rather the reasonable access and affordability of health care. Based on the interplay of all three components, the US sucks in health care results. A Costa Rican lives longer than an American? Say what?

Jake....this guy made a statement....US health care "not the best...not even close"...to some third world countries.....ok i gave him a choice between a third world country and the US....whats the problem?......he did not say access.....otherwise i would have seen..."not the best access,not even close"....i probably would not have commented if he said it that way....

You are lying again. I never said the US is not even close to 3rd world countries. Here's what I actually said.

Not the best. Not even close.

There are third world nations with lower child mortality rates than the US.

Harry, quit deflecting. The question is not the quality of US health care but rather the reasonable access and affordability of health care. Based on the interplay of all three components, the US sucks in health care results. A Costa Rican lives longer than an American? Say what?
For an alleged republican, you sure have the vapid non sequitur progressive Fabian talking points down pat.

Access and affordability are easy...Just walk into an emergencey room, get treated ans stiff them...Or you could go ahead and get on Medicare/Medicaid, which about 1/3 of the reputed "uninsured" don't do even thought they qualify.

As for Costa Ricans, they don't sit around on their sofas playing X-Box and shoving Pizza, Twinkies and Pepsis into their cake holes all day every day. Nor do they live the kind of lifestyle that has them gobbling antacids and anti-depressants down like they're after dinner mints.

Good job, though, at regurgitating those DNC talking points....Really. :thup:

ER's don't provide any medical care beyond what it takes to stabilize the patient. A cancer patient who goes into the ER will not have their cancer treated

Once again, the Dud has proven himself to be a liar.

Hmm, so access to care is determined through administrative decisions by a third party or through price rationing. It's almost as if care doesn't exist in infinite supply and thus every place on earth rations it by some mechanism.
Baloney.

"Access" in America is the one thing that's universal, since nobody can be turned down for care, in ERs at the very least....What isn't universal is a third-party payer for services rendered.

"Price rationing" is a semantic game that the medical Marxists use to rationalize seizing free market medical care to put it under a centralized gubmint monopoly.

You really need to get better at Orwellian torturing of the language.

ER's do not treat all medical conditions. If you are uninsured, ER's only treat you if you have a life threatening condition, and then, they only will stabilize you and not treat your medical condition

That's bad enough without making the current ER model standard operating procedure for everyone.

Moreover, I'd bet a week's wages that most of the ER patients that end up stiffing the hospitals are those aforementioned people, who qualify for Medicare/Medicaid but are too lazy to go through what it takes to apply for them....What's so difficult to understand about that?

The comment about the semantic duplicitousness in invocation of the word "access" stands.

And absolutely nothing you said actually addresses any of my points. Who pays for the "free ER" visits that you think are a some sort of solution. What do people do when they have long term illnesses? Again no answer from you and exactly as I predicted.

Sure, I'll bet you a weeks wages. Just tell me what you do for a living. Since you've ignored that question too repeatedly. I'm going to take a wild guess and say you are unemployed and collecting checks from the government while sitting on your computer all day blasting people for mooching off of you. How ironic would that be? :lol:

Conservatives are the biggest welfare queens on the planet

Right...Indigent cancer patients qualify for all sorts of already existing programs, like Medicare/Medicaid, State programs like MNcare & MediCal, and a myriad of private charitable programs.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your juvenile little taunts.

Right...Indigent cancer patients qualify for all sorts of already existing programs, like Medicare/Medicaid

So, you ARE in favor of socialized Medicine?

Dude isn't in favor of anything. He just says whatever pops into his head. That's why one second he's bashinf socialized medicine, and the next, he's touting it as a solution for the uninsured

Right...Indigent cancer patients qualify for all sorts of already existing programs, like Medicare/Medicaid

Dude isn't in favor of anything. He just says whatever pops into his head. That's why one second he's bashinf socialized medicine, and the next, he's touting it as a solution for the uninsured

I love how he cherry picks what he wants to responds to, ignores the rest, changes topics as he sees fit and then disappears.

I love how he cherry picks what he wants to responds to, ignores the rest, changes topics as he sees fit and then disappears.

All the conservative wingnuts do that. They're cowards. All of them

That's why wingnuts like to talk tough on the internet. It soothes their cowardly anxieties.

anklebite.jpg

</thread>

Dude isn't man enough to admit that he's wrong or reply to anything I've asked of him, so he posts a picture of a dog. That tells me enough.

"Access" in America is the one thing that's universal, since nobody can be turned down for care, in ERs at the very least....

That protects emergency care and the only requirement is that the patient be stabilized. "Access" has a significantly wider meaning that that.

"Price rationing" is a semantic game that the medical Marxists use to rationalize seizing free market medical care to put it under a centralized gubmint monopoly.

If you think "prices are used to ration goods" is controversial, I'm going to assume you've never taken an introductory economics course. Or thought about...anything.

That said, what is "free market medical care" in your opinion?

"Access" in America is the one thing that's universal, since nobody can be turned down for care, in ERs at the very least....

That protects emergency care and the only requirement is that the patient be stabilized. "Access" has a significantly wider meaning that that.

If you think "prices are used to ration goods" is controversial, I'm going to assume you've never taken an introductory economics course. Or thought about...anything.

That said, what is "free market medical care" in your opinion?

Those points have already been posted, but true to form, the dud has wimped when it comes to responding to them. IMO, he's worthy of ignore

sangha, go ahead and ignored dud. His friends have to spell the big words like "economics" for him. Simply discount him and his comments. They are worthless.

I think they should have the option to ignore anyone who thinks its cute or cool to use the term "gubmint" or "gubamint".

Forum List

Back