🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

America, why haven't you revolted yet?

I understand what I read. You are up for a revolution.....but you are in the minority. So...like the coward that you are....you just sit there and beat your dopey chest on a message board. If you were a man with courage and you knew that a revolution were needed to save the nation....you'd get off of your ass and do something.

Now...you can still shake the liar label....if you admit what you are advocating. Are you advocating the violent overthrow of the United States government? Go ahead, you bad ass revolutionary. Say it clearly for all to see. Man up.

Hmmm...I think I see your problem. It isn't so much that you don't understand what you read, it's more that you only read into it what you want to read. It's what makes you such an idiot. Thanks for clearing it up.

Where am I wrong, big fella?

I already told you. You're wrong by reading into it only what you want to.

What do you mean when you say that "there are some of us who believe a revolution is needed"? What is supposed to be read into a statement like that?

Would you like to retract it? Modify it? Anything?

That needs explaining? Let me lead you by the hand, and I do this only because I'm bored right now but inhold no illusions that you will be able to see anything but what you want to see.

Do not read anything into it. It simply means that some of us believe a revolution is needed. Ok?

You are afraid to say what you mean? Of course you are.

Flopper you err by comparing such statistics. I would suggest that one in ten people are illiterate in the us today. That those who made it through the eighth grade back then were more educated than many college graduates today. That the work force had no need for more highly educated, they had a need for people,who wanted to work. That that generation created the greatest country in the world and began the march toward the greatest middle class the world has ever known. What are the figures about how us education compared to the rest of the world back then., I bet it was more egalitarian. 100 years ago monopolies were being busted and unions being created and ww1 was being won. We didn't have a perfect culture but we had a strong one and an education system tailored for the
times.Final Exam 8th Grade. Salina KS 1895

Please share with me your test results, this is not an open book test. As far away from schooling as I am I am sure I would flunk this one.
I agree with your statement, '"That the work force had no need for more highly educated, they had a need for people,who wanted to work." However, that is not the case today. We need brains not brawn. With an 8% high school graduation rate and a 3% college graduation rate this country could have never risen to become the world's greatest economic power.

Even thou a high school education was not seen as necessary in 1910, the country made a huge investment in educating young people making a high school education the standard throughout the nation. Yes, we certainly could do a lot better job of educating our young people, but to compare an 8th grade education of a 100 years ago with 4 years of college is ridiculous.

Hmmm...I think I see your problem. It isn't so much that you don't understand what you read, it's more that you only read into it what you want to read. It's what makes you such an idiot. Thanks for clearing it up.

Where am I wrong, big fella?

I already told you. You're wrong by reading into it only what you want to.

What do you mean when you say that "there are some of us who believe a revolution is needed"? What is supposed to be read into a statement like that?

Would you like to retract it? Modify it? Anything?

That needs explaining? Let me lead you by the hand, and I do this only because I'm bored right now but inhold no illusions that you will be able to see anything but what you want to see.

Do not read anything into it. It simply means that some of us believe a revolution is needed. Ok?

You are afraid to say what you mean? Of course you are.

And there we have it. Just like I predicted.

Btw, great picture of you in your avie.

America, why haven't you revolted yet?

1- Massive welfare state -if it stops paying upheaval
2- Americans are stupid, Jonathan Gruber, so they allow government bureaucrats to define "patriotism"
3- The former USSR existed from 1922–1991 it took 69 years for the people to partially wake up ; the US welfare/warfare state (FDR's Coup d'etat) occurred in 1935 so we are due for a major change

Flopper I agree with you about some of the needs, and I want the best outcome for our citizens, but surely you can't argue that for the majority of young people higher education is a quality experience.higher education today is about brainwashing and not critical thinking. How many of "ask the man or woman on the street interviews" do we have to suffer through before it hits us that our children's brains are being filled with mush. You don't know who our first president was, you don't know what the name of the war between the states was, you can't name any of the elected people in your state. My point here flop is not that,education is good, it is, but today between education and culture we are dumbing down the populace, and our young people are reveling in their ignorance.

And I don't accept that you have to have a college education to be successful. I am not hating on the sheepskin. I am saying that drive, focus, pride, and work,ethic are more important than how many years of education you have. If you are smart and independent you will find what the best path is to achieve your goals. These are virtues that today's education methods seek to extinguish. Plumbers, welders, construction, hospitality, transportation, agriculture, and so many more occupations offer so many opportunities to be successful and get a comfortable lifestyle without a lot of college learning, and I speak from personal experience.

Lemme stop bloviating. Too much of,our education system sucks, to many of,our students today suck, and too many of the outcomes suck.

Flopper I agree with you about some of the needs, and I want the best outcome for our citizens, but surely you can't argue that for the majority of young people higher education is a quality experience.higher education today is about brainwashing and not critical thinking. How many of "ask the man or woman on the street interviews" do we have to suffer through before it hits us that our children's brains are being filled with mush. You don't know who our first president was, you don't know what the name of the war between the states was, you can't name any of the elected people in your state. My point here flop is not that,education is good, it is, but today between education and culture we are dumbing down the populace, and our young people are reveling in their ignorance.

And I don't accept that you have to have a college education to be successful. I am not hating on the sheepskin. I am saying that drive, focus, pride, and work,ethic are more important than how many years of education you have. If you are smart and independent you will find what the best path is to achieve your goals. These are virtues that today's education methods seek to extinguish. Plumbers, welders, construction, hospitality, transportation, agriculture, and so many more occupations offer so many opportunities to be successful and get a comfortable lifestyle without a lot of college learning, and I speak from personal experience.

Lemme stop bloviating. Too much of,our education system sucks, to many of,our students today suck, and too many of the outcomes suck.

Why do so many nutters think that a college education is not a good thing? Man on the street interviews? Was that a joke?

A college education, when it prepares a person for a useful, productive role in civilized society IS a good thing.

A liberal indoctrination? Not so much.

Does America not yet have a sufficiency of Underwater Basket Weaver graduates?

I'm just curious, because all the news I see says that your economy is in the toilet due to out of control defense spending that nobody seems to want, your politicians seem to be a collection of the finest assholes known to mankind, your healthcare system is so bad that people can't afford to get sick in any way, every year your educational system seems to get worse, unemployment or under-employment plagues every state, and people are in debt up to their eyeballs. On top of this, your police force is getting more aggressive against the common man who wants to voice his displeasure at this system that is leaving the populace to starve, and the freedoms that the rest of the world used to admire about America are being stripped from you. Why do you suffer all these troubles? Where is your reaction?
AmericanRevolt.jpg
The economy is not in the toilet unless you get your information from a entertainment news source. Health care used to be unreachable for many. Now many can not get care because of the cost just as it was before the ACA. Thankfully California has a good educational system and the colleges are some of the best. Also we have loads of work and jobs if you stay out of conservative areas in the state. As for freedoms lost I have not lost any. So it is just the whiney who have problems.

Thank you Henry, I was having a problem getting the handle, you did it well.

Lone is their anything you have to contribute that is not a personal attack. Maybe if you applied your college education to understanding some posts you actually could bring something to the table.

Why do so many nutters think that a college education is not a good thing? Man on the street interviews? Was that a joke?
Typical that is all you glean from that post.
Just as typical? That you had to make your own twisted interpretation to arrive at you conclusion.

Typical that is all you glean from that post.
Just as typical? That you had to make your own twisted interpretation to arrive at you conclusion.

What did you glean from the post? Something profound?

Thank you Henry, I was having a problem getting the handle, you did it well.

Lone is their anything you have to contribute that is not a personal attack. Maybe if you applied your college education to understanding some posts you actually could bring something to the table.

You have a weak grasp on what our educational system turns out. You spout off with tired talking points about "brainwashing" and other lame shit. You get insulted. Simple equation.

The rest of your post was claptrap......just you trying to grab the mantle of "hard work and responsibility" with mere words. It isn't yours. You are not telling anyone anything that we don't know when it comes to the importance of the trades. Go find a classroom of third graders if you want to lecture someone.

Last edited:
Flopper you err by comparing such statistics. I would suggest that one in ten people are illiterate in the us today. That those who made it through the eighth grade back then were more educated than many college graduates today. That the work force had no need for more highly educated, they had a need for people,who wanted to work. That that generation created the greatest country in the world and began the march toward the greatest middle class the world has ever known. What are the figures about how us education compared to the rest of the world back then., I bet it was more egalitarian. 100 years ago monopolies were being busted and unions being created and ww1 was being won. We didn't have a perfect culture but we had a strong one and an education system tailored for the
times.Final Exam 8th Grade. Salina KS 1895

Please share with me your test results, this is not an open book test. As far away from schooling as I am I am sure I would flunk this one.

From Snopes:

What nearly all these pundits fail to grasp is "I can't answer these questions" is not the same thing as "These questions demonstrate that students in earlier days were better educated than today's students." Just about any test looks difficult to those who haven't recently been steeped in the material it covers. If a 40-year-old can't score as well on a geography test as a high school student who just spent several weeks memorizing the names of all the rivers in South America in preparation for an exam, that doesn't mean the 40-year-old's education was woefully deficient — it means the he simply didn't retain information for which he had no use, no matter how thoroughly it was drilled into his brain through rote memory some twenty-odd years earlier. I suspect I'd fail a lot of the tests I took back in high school if I had to re-takethem today without reviewing the material beforehand. I certainly wouldn't be able to pass any arithmetic test that required me to be familiar with such arcane measurements as "rods" and "bushels," but I can still calculate areas and volumes just fine, thank you.

Ah, but this is high school (or even eighth grade) stuff, people say — it's basic knowledge that everyone should remember and use. Nonsense. The questions on this exam don't reflect only items of "basic knowledge" — many of the questions require the test-taker to have absorbed some very specialized information, and if today's students can't regurgitate all the same facts as their 1895 counterparts, it's because the types of knowledge we consider to be important have changed a great deal in the last century, not necessarily because today's students have sub-standard educations.

Consider: To pass this test, no knowledge of the arts is necessary (not even a nodding familiarity with a few of the greatest works of English literature), no demonstration of mathematical learning other than plain arithmetic is required (forget algebra, geometry, or trigonometry), nothing beyond a familiarity with the highlights of American history is needed (never mind the fundamentals of world history, as this exam scarcely acknowledges that any country other than the USA even exists), no questions about the history, structure, or function of the United States government are asked (not even the standard "Name the three branches of our federal government"), science is given a pass except for a few questions about geography and the rudiments of human anatomy, and no competence in any foreign language (living or dead) is necessary. An exam for today's high school graduates that omitted even one of these subjects would be loudly condemned by parents and educators alike, subjects about which the Salina, Kansas, students of 1895 needed know nothing at all. Would it be fair to say that the average Salina student was woefully undereducated because he failed to learn many of the things that we consider important today, but which were of little importance in his time and place? If not, then why do people keep asserting that the reverse is true? Why do journalists continue to base their gleeful articles about how much more was expected of the students of yesteryear on flawed assumptions? Perhaps some people are too intent upon making a point to bother considering the proper questions.​

I'm just curious, because all the news I see says that your economy is in the toilet due to out of control defense spending that nobody seems to want, your politicians seem to be a collection of the finest assholes known to mankind, your healthcare system is so bad that people can't afford to get sick in any way, every year your educational system seems to get worse, unemployment or under-employment plagues every state, and people are in debt up to their eyeballs. On top of this, your police force is getting more aggressive against the common man who wants to voice his displeasure at this system that is leaving the populace to starve, and the freedoms that the rest of the world used to admire about America are being stripped from you. Why do you suffer all these troubles? Where is your reaction?
AmericanRevolt.jpg

The majority of Americans just don't realize how indoctrinated they are, nor do they seem to care.

sad but true.they go on voting in some scum whether it be Bush or Obama not having a clue there is no difference than the two they have been so programmed their whole lives,they don't want to deal with reality that they have been indoctrinated so they spend their whole time in front of a tv set after work or watching and only caring how their favorite sports team is doing. I myself was like that early on coming out of college but I finally woke up that elections are rigged and we don't put these clowns in office.

sad that americans wont get off their asses and fight to take their country back from these criminals in Washington.

I don't share your opinion that we are dumbing down America. Overall, young people are just as well educated as they were in the past. The problem is that they are not any bettered educated. While other countries have surged ahead we have remained about the same. Math and Reading scores have had only slight improvement over the last 20 years. They are not getting worse, they just are not getting much better and that is certainly a problem.

We're providing much better education for the brightness and slowest kids. For those that aren't in honors classes or AP classes or in remedial classes, there has been no real improvement.

We're also spending a lot of time in school, teaching electives in subjects such a graphic design, digital photography and fine arts, government and politics, journalism, culinary arts, music, language courses, and many advance placement classes. So kids today have a much broader education than they did 50 years ago which I'm sure has some negative effect on core curriculum.

We just had a brilliant idea from the Republican Control State House where they are going to save big bucks in Education. They decided that we don't need as much Sciences as we have in our schools. Yes, that should help balance the state budget. Afterall, there are plenty of HB1s to fill those science positions.

I don't share your opinion that we are dumbing down America. Overall, young people are just as well educated as they were in the past. The problem is that they are not any bettered educated. While other countries have surged ahead we have remained about the same. Math and Reading scores have had only slight improvement over the last 20 years. They are not getting worse, they just are not getting much better and that is certainly a problem.

We're providing much better education for the brightness and slowest kids. For those that aren't in honors classes or AP classes or in remedial classes, there has been no real improvement.

We're also spending a lot of time in school, teaching electives in subjects such a graphic design, digital photography and fine arts, government and politics, journalism, culinary arts, music, language courses, and many advance placement classes. So kids today have a much broader education than they did 50 years ago which I'm sure has some negative effect on core curriculum.

Forum List

Back