American Couple Believing 'Evil Is A Make-Believe Concept' Bike Through ISIS Territory. End up Dead

While lefties want those men that murdered them, to have easy access to immigrate to the West, so we can benefit from their culture.

Link?

YOu asked for a link the other day. I spend quite a bit of time sifting though the crap the libs papers put out, to find some context.

And you never addressed it.

So, forget you and your bullshit link request.

So you have no link. You just pulled it out of your ass.

Guess who knew that before he asked.

You denial of the Left's support for open borders, and Third World Immigration is noted and laughed at.

I said nothing about any "borders" I asked you for a basis and you don't have one.

Wimp.

LOL!!! You don't see a connection between having borders/immigration and keeping US safe from murderers outside those borders?

LOL!!!

Sorry, I am not buying it. YOu are just being a troll, now.

YOu asked for a link the other day. I spend quite a bit of time sifting though the crap the libs papers put out, to find some context.

You denial of the Left's support for open borders, and Third World Immigration is noted and laughed at.

I said nothing about any "borders" I asked you for a basis and you don't have one.

Wimp.

LOL!!! You don't see a connection between having borders/immigration and keeping US safe from murderers outside those borders?

LOL!!!

Well, he's also very very busy fighting to end slavery in the South, and trying to get credit for it, so you have to understand he has a lot on his plate n stuff, what with all those Big Issues he's at the center leading the way on these days.

Wimp.

LOL!!!

Well, he's also very very busy fighting to end slavery in the South, and trying to get credit for it, so you have to understand he has a lot on his plate n stuff, what with all those Big Issues he's at the center leading the way on these days.

I am finding that being a progressive (leftist) one must suppress common sense.
First Daniel Pearl then these two. Just what were they thinking?
Anyone with common sense would never voluntarily go into the den of a lion.
It's called 'idealism'.
It might have been misplaced, and they were stupid to go where they went, but they never meant anyone any harm and crowing about their deaths is fucking rough.
Most people are idealistic to some degree in their youth and are able to grow out of it without getting killed for it.

It seems that you get no sympathy from Americans for being a fellow American these days...what matters is whether you're from the same tribe or not.
"Two Americans got murdered in Turkmenistan the other day you say? Tell me if they're liberals or conservatives so that I know how to feel about it"

That, and "get the hell out of my way so I can climb on these dead bodies to go score points on a message board, yeee-hah".

It's embarrassing.
It's a message board, dude. Sorry you're embarrassed, but, you'll get over it. They lacked common sense, and it got them killed.

Anytime anyone says they want to halt potential terrorists form coming in, you cry racist. Every time.

one side operates with rational methods based on facts and constitutional principles, and YOUR side reacts on emotion and operates with blatant disregard for our most BASIC constitutional principles...that is a PROVEN FACT.

your talking points are all FAKE NEWS designed for dumbos! :eusa_clap:
This is projection. It's widely known the right works in logic, the left in emotion. It's why the left screams racism to every single issue....they never debate a policy.

Stupid is as stupid does,,,,,,,
A biking vacation in Afghanistan, proof positive that they were idiots
Wasn’t Afghanistan

Tajikistan

That was a very important correction. THank's rw.

Sooooo, what do you think about a couple of fellow travelers throwing their lives away trying to prove muslims are not dangerous?

Sooooo, what do you think of Jesus advising 'turn the other cheek'?
What does that have to do with his post? Turning the other check is about forgiveness, it doesn't mean allow people to kill you. you need to read more Jesus, he had a few hardcore statements as well.

While geography-boi is working feverishly on that, time to douse this fire.

>> There is no evidence Austin and Geoghegan were aware of any terrorist threat in Tajikistan, or that they travelled through that region particularly in order to vindicate their belief in human kindness. There is ample evidence that their trip was motivated by no more than a desire for adventure and life experience.

... On 15 August, the Pluralist web site published an article that accurately described the details of couple’s trip and their deaths, but the headline they employed — “Millennial Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory to Prove ‘Humans Are Kind’ and Gets Killed” — and other phrasing may have created the impression that the couple’s deaths were infused with irony and served as a kind of allegorical warning about cosmopolitan, liberal naivety:

... We found no evidence that either Austin or Geoghegan set out on their cycling trip for the purpose of vindicating an existing belief about the overall goodness or kindness of humanity. Based on posts on the couple’s blog, the predominant motivation behind their trip appears to have been no more than a sense of adventure and a desire to experience life in other parts of the world. In one post, for example, they wrote:

In the summer of 2016, we flew to Iceland with our bicycles and enjoyed a delightful month riding around the country. We cycled over a thousand kilometers and camped for twenty-six nights straight and, by the end of our time there, agreed that we wanted more of it: more peaceful pedaling through gorgeous landscapes, more sleeping in open fields under clear skies, more quiet sunsets and more friendly people and more adventure and, importantly, more time together too, living life on simpler, more meaningful terms. So we decided to quit our jobs and bike around the world.

A few qualifiers. For one, we’re not breaking any world records: not the longest ’round-the-world bike ride, nor the quickest — not necessarily even a proper circumnavigation. We have neither a firm route nor a timetable, a sponsorship nor a place we need to be, and so we’re comfortable just pedaling where the winds and the world and our own hearts take us.
<< -- Snopes

Sorry Nihilists. Once again you were duped by a fake headline. Proving once again why actually reading beyond that headline keeps you out of trouble. "Because it feels good" is not sufficient reason to just gulp this shit down without reading ingredient labels.
Meaningless gibberish.

It simply means what you klowns swallowed hook line and stinker on the backs of the dead, just to score your little moronic message board points, has no basis. You were sold a causation that has no evidence, and you dove right in. Because you're fucking stupid.

Clear enough?
Again, I have yet another source proving my claim. At some point you need to accept the truth

A Dream Ended on a Mountain Road: The Cyclists and the ISIS Militants

“You read the papers and you’re led to believe that the world is a big, scary place,” Mr. Austin wrote. “People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil.

“I don’t buy it. Evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own … By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”

Another alt-right idiot cheering for the murder of two innocent people.

The true sign of a far wing-nut, death is nothing but a political tool

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Except we are the ones who are literally trying to prevent the whole world from becoming like this......

While lefties want those men that murdered them, to have easy access to immigrate to the West, so we can benefit from their culture.

Link?

I just gave you one.....I used the New York Times, a paper you love with a passion.

Hey, when I was younger I rode a bicycle damn near everywhere I went. Started cycling back in '86 and still going strong at 54. People in my various commands thought that I was totally nuts for not having a car. They thought I was even crazier when I cycled from one duty station to another.

Rode from Memphis TN to Jacksonville FL in 7 days.

Rode from Jacksonville FL to Newport RI in 12 days.

Rode from Newport RI to Norfolk VA in 5 days.

And, my average daily distance was anywhere from 50 to 100 miles/day, depending on whether or not it was an off day.

I don't fault these people for trying to do something noteworthy, but I do think that maybe they could have picked a better route.

I trekked all over France and England with no resources, though not by bike. Lotta walking. Overall it was the most enriching experience I've ever had.

Why not South Africa or India or Indonesia??? These 'progressive' racists always pick white countries with histories of Christianity to run around playing 'Hipster Road Doggz' in, never embracing 'Diversity' in their travels. Their anti-Trumpster Hollywood Hystericals also nearly all picked the same demographic countries they were all going to move to when they left America if Trump won, like New Zealand or Europe, as well. Then they whine about DA Evul Raycss whatevers, which is anybody who laughs that their silly hypocritical .asses. At least the idiots in the OP story actually went somewhere 'diverse', stupid as it was they at least had more honesty than these phonies here.
According to Right Wing narrative England is full of terrorists and Muslim 'No-Go Cities'...or something.
That being the case I think Pogo was very brave.
It is, just ask the people killed there in any number of attacks.
you may not give a shit people die to these crazies, but we do.

Riding a bicycle makes one a leftist. In fact, if one does not drive a vehicle at least two time bigger and heavier than necessary, one is retrograde. Not possessing a petroleum consuming machine is doubtlessly Stalinist.
Or, so we are led to believe.

Plus everything is political. And everyone. Being a Christian is conservative. Liberals are atheists. All of them. All mass killers are liberals. Except that liberals don’t own guns so I’m not sure how that works. Maybe they’re conservatives when they buy a gun and then switch before they use it. All unemployed people are liberal. Conservatives have jobs.
Well no one ever said that.
But liberals do own guns, they are do as I say not as I do people. They are exempt. It's why rich liberals are never attacked. I don't see the left whining about Al Gore's wealth, or Tom Steyer or George Soros. Or anti gun Rosie ODonell who has an armed bodyguard for her kid. Why is he armed?
In general the left wants people on welfare for control. It's why they want illegals, people who are poor in a foreign land and have no clue on how things work.

Wimp.

LOL!!!

Once AGAIN I said nothing about any "borders". I challenged you to put some legs on this:

lefties want those men that murdered them, to have easy access to immigrate to the West

---- and you can't do it. :gay:

That's why you cut your own words out of the post, that's why you're trying desperately to deflect to some shit about "borders". Because you're too much of a WIMP to stand behind your own words.

WIMP.

Hey, when I was younger I rode a bicycle damn near everywhere I went. Started cycling back in '86 and still going strong at 54. People in my various commands thought that I was totally nuts for not having a car. They thought I was even crazier when I cycled from one duty station to another.

And, my average daily distance was anywhere from 50 to 100 miles/day, depending on whether or not it was an off day.

I don't fault these people for trying to do something noteworthy, but I do think that maybe they could have picked a better route.

I trekked all over France and England with no resources, though not by bike. Lotta walking. Overall it was the most enriching experience I've ever had.

Why not South Africa or India or Indonesia??? These 'progressive' racists always pick white countries with histories of Christianity to run around playing 'Hipster Road Doggz' in, never embracing 'Diversity' in their travels. Their anti-Trumpster Hollywood Hystericals also nearly all picked the same demographic countries they were all going to move to when they left America if Trump won, like New Zealand or Europe, as well. Then they whine about DA Evul Raycss whatevers, which is anybody who laughs that their silly hypocritical .asses. At least the idiots in the OP story actually went somewhere 'diverse', stupid as it was they at least had more honesty than these phonies here.

Sorry, I'm not in your race-obsessed camp and "white countries" never even occurred to me. I went to France out of a combination of opportunities. It had far more to do with the annual wine harvest --- which is what I went there for ---- than anything about "wait, what color are these people?" I had no idea where that road would lead, and that was the whole point. Had "South Africa or Indonesia" been on the opportunity table then I would have gone there but they don't hold a particular interest. Brazil might have been much more enticing.

This may come as stunning news but that's MY choice, not yours.

You slimeflakes who bunk up in your little bubbles obsessing on what color people are and never venture out into the world because you're too skeered and too wimpy just have my pity. Because you'll never learn anything and never crawl out of that self-imposed hole.

According to Right Wing narrative England is full of terrorists and Muslim 'No-Go Cities'...or something.

Actually when I got to the UK there was a cloud of tangible terror alert, yet somehow while they did call it terrorism nobody ever alluded to "Catholic" terrorism. That of course was the IRA. Another elucidating hypocrisy lesson, driving home the reality of the world that "when 'they' do it it's their religion, when 'we' do it they're just outliers".

All my experiences with "Muslims" on that trip were in France. And I can only assume they were "Muslims" as nobody ever brought up religion since --- again, that's the real world and not the echobubble these message board slugs live in.

Ah, but most of you frauds avoid those 'bad neighborhoods' and stick to the all white areas. The 'No Go' places are easy to avoid, and you can bet Pogo made very sure he didn't end up around a lot of 'darkies' or Arabs in his 'Big Adventure'.

Actually I hung out with Arabs all the time. My best friend was Sudanese (and -- hope you're sitting down for this --- black). Learned some Arabic, acquired many invitations to their homes. Again, experiences I did not know going out would be in play, which was (again) the whole point, and (again) ones that you'll never have curled up in your fetal bubble position, which is why I pity you.

This obsession with "white areas" or whatever is just something that does not occur to me, which is another reason. You've confined yourself to this tiny little box and start crowing. That's just sad.

Last edited:
I am finding that being a progressive (leftist) one must suppress common sense.
First Daniel Pearl then these two. Just what were they thinking?
Anyone with common sense would never voluntarily go into the den of a lion.
It's called 'idealism'.
It might have been misplaced, and they were stupid to go where they went, but they never meant anyone any harm and crowing about their deaths is fucking rough.
Most people are idealistic to some degree in their youth and are able to grow out of it without getting killed for it.

It seems that you get no sympathy from Americans for being a fellow American these days...what matters is whether you're from the same tribe or not.
"Two Americans got murdered in Turkmenistan the other day you say? Tell me if they're liberals or conservatives so that I know how to feel about it"

That, and "get the hell out of my way so I can climb on these dead bodies to go score points on a message board, yeee-hah".

It's embarrassing.
It's a message board, dude. Sorry you're embarrassed, but, you'll get over it. They lacked common sense, and it got them killed.

"Lacked common sense" is a non sequitur. Where they were had no particular terror warnings.

Ah, but most of you frauds avoid those 'bad neighborhoods' and stick to the all white areas. The 'No Go' places are easy to avoid, and you can bet Pogo made very sure he didn't end up around a lot of 'darkies' or Arabs in his 'Big Adventure'.

Actually I hung out with Arabs all the time. My best friend was Sudanese (and -- hope you're sitting down for this --- black). Learned some Arabic, acquired many invitations to their homes. Again, experiences I did not know going out would be in play, which was (again) the whole point, and (again) ones that you'll never have curled up in your fetal bubble position, which is why I pity you.
Why would you need to mention the color of your friends skin? Seems you have been indoctrinated in thinking that anyone who doesn't have your ideals is a racist.
That thought lacks any common sense.

American Couple Believing 'Evil Is A Make-Believe Concept' Bike Through ISIS Territory. ISIS Stabs Them To Death.

American Couple Believing 'Evil Is A Make-Believe Concept' Bike Through ISIS Territory. ISIS Stabs Them To Death.

Once again the Left outdo The Onion.

Liberals are naive and unwise. Most never learn. This couple learned only when it was too late.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here we go AGAIN. Third time now, expecting different results.

---------------- WHERE does it say anything about "Liberals"?

Once AGAIN cue crickets.

Guarantee they were liberals.

Snopes has no credibility; it's just Democrats spinning stories.

Go prove it wrong then , Wimp. Find the causation that isn't some jerkoff putting two unrelated events together and selling them as a package to the gullible. Instead of just standing in the street in your underwear yelling "no it isn't" and then running back into the house.

Go ahead Wimp. Find us a causation between these travellers' months-earlier posts and the trip itself. Venture out of your little bubble and do something that might be perceived as productive.

Wasssamatta? Skeered?

Forum List

Back