American Dentist Identified As Killer Of Famed Lion In Zimbabwe

Entitled rich white man thrill killing for "Trophy animals"...its a punk thing rich whites are into.......
Here are six more rich white people who get off on killing African wildlife
trumps-460x307-800x430.jpg

In 2011, Donald Trump's sons Eric and Donald Jr. went to Africa to kill wild animals.

Last edited:
I all but stopped fishing for the same reason.

I'm heartbroken at how overfished we are. People have zero respect and zero consideration.

Hunting a loin is like taking fish knowing you have no plan to eat them. What's the point to killing the lion? So you can kill something better than you?

So it doesn't eat anybody would be a good reason to hunt lions.

It is estimated that 550–700 people are attacked by lions every year.[6]

The Tsavo maneaters on display in the Field Museum of Natural History.
Man-eating lions have been recorded to actively enter human villages at night as well as during the day to acquire prey. This greater assertiveness usually makes man-eating lions easier to dispatch than tigers. Lions typically become man-eaters for the same reasons as tigers: starvation, old age and illness, though as with tigers, some man-eaters were reportedly in perfect health.[3] The lion's proclivity for man-eating has been systematically examined. American and Tanzanian scientists report that man-eating behavior in rural areas of Tanzania increased greatly from 1990 to 2005. At least 563 villagers were attacked and many eaten over this period—a number far exceeding the more famed "Tsavo" incidents of a century earlier. The incidents occurred near Selous National Park in Rufiji District and in Lindi Province near the Mozambican border. While the expansion of villagers into bush country is one concern, the authors argue that conservation policy must mitigate the danger because, in this case, conservation contributes directly to human deaths. Cases in Lindi have been documented where lions seize humans from the centre of substantial villages. It is estimated that 550–700 people are attacked by lions every year.[6]

Looks like he trying to help the village people

This lion was "lured out of the park" by the Dentist and the guides. They knew he was a protected lion. If he got close enough to shot him with him little bow and arrow, he got close enough to see the collar.

Correction, the potential man eater willingly came out of the park on his own. There is no direct evidence Palmer knew the potential man eater was protected. You must think the potential man eater was shot in KANSAS or something. Flat land with no cover for miles around. Like Palmer had a clear and direct sight of line on the potential man eater.

Zimbabwe has tall grass, tree's, brush, etc.

Dear Bobby1250 the people who set up the hunt LURED the lion out of the safe range
and into the area where it was legal to hunt.

This lion is well-known. The people doing the luring knew what they were doing.

If they defrauded the client, he should seek action against them.
Their actions caused him and his family to get targeted and harassed.

The contract and agreement he was following was NOT by "fully informed consent"
if they misrepresented to him any illicit actions that he would otherwise not approve of had he known!

There may be ways to ARGUE what they did was within legal limits,
but if they caused him undue distress, potential threats to his reputation, business and family life,
then some damage was caused by their actions and not DISCLOSING to him in advance.

if they can prove they informed him and he KNEW they were doing this,
then it is his fault. If they misrepresented or omitted this from his knowledge,
and he argues he would never have agreed and this caused him damages and distress,
he can ask them to take responsibility for answering for the death and damages.

Well Said! :clap2:

He will likely pay...

$65,000 for his next Lion.
His business is closed down...no income coming in

I agree with Emily. If he was totally unaware of the lion being a monitored lion and the guides defrauded him, then he should not be the one who is feeling the pain. The guides should be prosecuted.

Still, I find it hard to believe that:
-He did not see the GPS collar when he fired his arrow
-He allowed the guides to cut the collar off without taking some corrective action
-He allowed the guides to behead and skin the lion

Lots of questions to answer, it seems.

That WASN'T. the case with this lion. Now his cubs will probably be killed by a competing male in the Pride.

Yeah, but that's something Lions do due to evolution.

The thing this guy did wrong was that bait was used to lure the lion off the reserve. The hunt itself was legal. And this lion was a "tourist attraction", which embarrasses the Zimbabwe government, which is raising funds by allowing these kinds of hunts.

As a side note, this fool is getting absolutely destroyed on YELP.

Okay, for those complaining about "Canned" hunting.

The money raised on these "Canned" hunts are spent preserving wildlife. countries that have "canned" hunts have thriving wildlife preserves because people are not forced into poaching to make a living.

Not excusing what this dentist did, because he broke the rules of hunting by baiting the animal.

This beautiful creature killed so that this scumbag can feel like a man. This type of stuff makes me sick to my stomach.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55b78e38e4b0a13f9d1a1d0

An American dentist with an affinity for killing rare wildlife using a bow and arrow has been identified as the man who shot and killed Zimbabwe's most famous lion earlier this month, local officials claim.

Dr. Walter Palmer, a dentist working in Bloomington, Minnesota, is said to have paid $55,000 to hunt the 13-year-old lion, named Cecil, according to a report from The Telegraph. The animal was allegedly lured with meat out of Hwange National Park -- a protected area that bans hunting -- into an adjacent hunting zone where he was shot with an arrow. The lion was then followed for 40 hours before he was ultimately killed with a rifle.

The Zimbabwe tourism department also sent out a tweet early Tuesday identifying Palmer as the man who killed Cecil, using the hashtag #illegalhunt.

I couldn't reach the link, but I looked up a different article instead:
Bloomington dentist says he regrets killing Cecil the lion - StarTribune.com

Instead of haranguing and harassing the guy,
since he regrets the killing and claims he didn't know the circumstances,
why not petition him and this other hunting groups to contribute to restoring the
lion and wildlife population they have been exploiting for profit.

According to the article I found, the cubs of Cecil are at risk of being killed off
by the next lion. So maybe these hunters can offer restitution by helping to keep those Cubs safe and sustained.

If they learn how much it takes to preserve the wildlife, maybe they will
develop even greater appreciation. And this could heal SOME
of the injury and insult over shooting such a treasured lion. Even a small gesture would mean something
to help the heroic organizations fighting an uphill battle to preserve and bring back the endangered species of Africa.

Why not ask hunters to help contribute instead of wiping out the remaining wildlife?
Where's the restitution for Cecil and the Cubs left behind in need of protection now?
He doesn't regret it at all, he killed a bear, lied, and showed no remorse for the death.

Do you really think he will spontaneously change his behavior and ethics, simply because its another type of animal?

He is a terrible fellow, and deserves what he gets on social media and in his work, as he has got away with killing an endangered species because he picked third world countries with little legal protection.

Eventually he will make a big mistake, like killing a Panda, and find himself locked away so he can't butcher more animals. But till then, he is going to get away with being the asshole he is.

He will likely pay...

$65,000 for his next Lion.
His business is closed down...no income coming in

I agree with Emily. If he was totally unaware of the lion being a monitored lion and the guides defrauded him, then he should not be the one who is feeling the pain. The guides should be prosecuted.

Still, I find it hard to believe that:
-He did not see the GPS collar when he fired his arrow
-He allowed the guides to cut the collar off without taking some corrective action
-He allowed the guides to behead and skin the lion

Lots of questions to answer, it seems.
He is a convicted liar/perjuror, and was charged with such when he killed a bear; and you can be sure he is doing the same again.

Sorry .....what do you mean? :dunno:

I mean cats kill for sport, for pleasure. Well fed cats kill birds for no reason other than the joy of killing.

So we will have to arrest these cats who kill for sport and put them in little kitty handcuffs.
Yes we should but only if you believe that cats are morally equivalent to human beings ...if you believe that it means you are an amoeba or a Republican nut bag but I repeat myself
1779454018ab0133f91d005056a9545d.jpg

=
That WASN'T. the case with this lion. Now his cubs will probably be killed by a competing male in the Pride.

Yeah, but that's something Lions do due to evolution.

The thing this guy did wrong was that bait was used to lure the lion off the reserve. The hunt itself was legal. And this lion was a "tourist attraction", which embarrasses the Zimbabwe government, which is raising funds by allowing these kinds of hunts.

As a side note, this fool is getting absolutely destroyed on YELP.

OMG YELP!!!!

th51185c.gif

Forum List

Back