American Dentist Identified As Killer Of Famed Lion In Zimbabwe

Jesus Christ people. He paid 55,000 dollars to be able to hunt the darn thing. That money goes towards keeping poaching down and everything else ....you should be thanking this man.

How much money have you spent to protect these animals?

He just spent enough money to protect way more than one lion. I know I will get red from the ignorant people but it's true. Without these big game hunters there is no money to protect from poachers.

Zimbabwe wants more money. They have another lion they think he might be interested in.

This one $65,000, but a good price for a repeat customer with money, $100,000.

Zimbabwe actually wants to send him to prison - they're demanding that he be extradited.

He spent that money on bribes.

Calm down, guys. It was 100% the fault of his guides.

Dude hunts lions and rhinos with a BOW AND ARROW. That's a bad*ss dude....I'd have a beer with him. Too bad he's being persecuted for the mistake of his guides.

Let him go out there by himself with only a BOW AND ARROW and we can talk

Either way trophy hunting when done legally is the only thing keeping these reserves open. In countries where trophy hunting is illegal the populations of these animals are decimated, because no one pays to protect these animals from poachers. So really these guys are way better than any of the PETA people running rampant on this thread.

I know it's counter-intuitive buts it's the truth.

Like I said, I have no problem with ethical trophy hunting. But, if the reports on this particular hunt are true it was far from ethical, and in fact criminal.

Yeah, this guy didn't do one of those approved hunts of an overaged non breeding animal.

But you can be sure that the anti-hunting people will fail to make that distinction.

That being said poachers should get what's coming to them, and what's coming to this guy is time in a Zimbabwean prison.

Jesus Christ people. He paid 55,000 dollars to be able to hunt the darn thing. That money goes towards keeping poaching down and everything else ....you should be thanking this man.

How much money have you spent to protect these animals?

He just spent enough money to protect way more than one lion. I know I will get red from the ignorant people but it's true. Without these big game hunters there is no money to protect from poachers.

Zimbabwe wants more money. They have another lion they think he might be interested in.

This one $65,000, but a good price for a repeat customer with money, $100,000.

Zimbabwe actually wants to send him to prison - they're demanding that he be extradited.

He spent that money on bribes.

Yeah, nothing sanctioned about this hunt. for a sanctioned hunt read this article

Texas hunter bags rhino on controversial Namibia hunt - CNN.com

Dude hunts lions and rhinos with a BOW AND ARROW. That's a bad*ss dude....I'd have a beer with him. Too bad he's being persecuted for the mistake of his guides.

He's done it before . . .

35710b5c45.jpg

He's done it before . . .

35710b5c45.jpg

If this guy was indeed poaching they need to punish him and make an example of him, so it doesn't impact sanctioned trophy hunts, which provide income for conservation programs.

Hunting lions at all is just plain fucking wrong

The lion's proclivity for man-eating has been systematically examined. American and Tanzanian scientists report that man-eating behaviour in rural areas of Tanzania increased greatly from 1990 to 2005. At least 563 villagers were attacked and many eaten over this period – a number far exceeding the more famed "Tsavo" incidents of a century earlier. The incidents occurred near Selous National Park in Rufiji District and in Lindi Province near the Mozambican border. While the expansion of villagers into bush country is one concern, the authors argue that conservation policy must mitigate the danger because, in this case, conservation contributes directly to human deaths. Cases in Lindi have been documented where lions seize humans from the center of substantial villages.[108] Another study of 1,000 people attacked by lions in southern Tanzania between 1988 and 2009 found that the weeks following the full moon (when there was less moonlight) were a strong indicator of increased night attacks on people.[109]

The Tsavo Man-Eaters on display in the Field Museum of Natural Historyin Chicago, Illinois

Author Robert R. Frump wrote in The Man-eaters of Eden that Mozambican refugees regularly crossing Kruger National Park at night in South Africa are attacked and eaten by the lions; park officials have conceded that man-eating is a problem there. Frump believes thousands may have been killed in the decades after apartheid sealed the park and forced the refugees to cross the park at night. For nearly a century before the border was sealed, Mozambicans had regularly walked across the park in daytime with little harm.[110]

Packer estimates more than 200 Tanzanians are killed each year by lions, crocodiles, elephants, hippos, and snakes, and that the numbers could be double that amount, with lions thought to kill at least 70 of those. Packer has documented that between 1990 and 2004, lions attacked 815 people in Tanzania, killing 563. Packer and Ikanda are among the few conservationists who believe western conservation efforts must take account of these matters not just because of ethical concerns about human life, but also for the long term success of conservation efforts and lion preservation.[108]

A man-eating lion was killed by game scouts in Southern Tanzania in April 2004. It is believed to have killed and eaten at least 35 people in a series of incidents covering several villages in the Rufiji Delta coastal region.[111]

Lion - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Since tempers are flaring, why not go a step further and boycott circuses as well? Caging animals for human entertainment is disgusting, too. So are rodeos where animals are ridden, shocked, stabbed with spurs, wrestled to the ground, etc. And children are taught to be bull riders by riding sheep.

Animals were not put here for our enjoyment. Revere them when you must kill them to EAT, or use their parts for your survival. You don't kill them to stuff them as a trophy, ride them as an amusement ride or cage them to perform. Period.
unfortunately Gracie some of us havent evolved like the rest of us have....

like he did not know what they were doing?....give me a fucking break.....and if he really did not know,as soon as he saw that collar on it he knew ....why did he not stop right there and say something?..why?....because he did not give a shit and hoped those other guys could cover it up while he high tailed it back to here....

Hunting lions at all is just plain fucking wrong

If part of a conservation program that limits the hunt to superfluous members of the specie, and the money paid goes to further conservation, what's the harm? Old animals in the wild don't die peacefully in their sleep, they die being eaten by scavengers, or starving/dying of thirst because they cannot move anymore. Dying by a bullet or arrow is no more gruesome or undignified than any other method found in the wild.

like he did not know what they were doing?....give me a fucking break.....and if he really did not know,as soon as he saw that collar on it he knew ....why did he not stop right there and say something?..why?....because he did not give a shit and hoped those other guys could cover it up while he high tailed it back to here....

What you are doing is speculating based on media disinformation.

You guys need to start waking up. This report again, like the others is another hoax.

The name of the killer is PALMER....One of the renowned features of a lion is the Paws....in human terms, it's the palm, hence Palmer.

Another make believe story courtesy of your friendly MSM.
yea like you know bobby....you are eating up the shit you want because you ejaculated in your underpants when you saw that picture of that big brave guy...

Since tempers are flaring, why not go a step further and boycott circuses as well? Caging animals for human entertainment is disgusting, too. So are rodeos where animals are ridden, shocked, stabbed with spurs, wrestled to the ground, etc. And children are taught to be bull riders by riding sheep.

Animals were not put here for our enjoyment. Revere them when you must kill them to EAT, or use their parts for your survival. You don't kill them to stuff them as a trophy, ride them as an amusement ride or cage them to perform. Period.
unfortunately Gracie some of us havent evolved like the rest of us have....

evolved???

Into what? A hate monger? Whose God is named ABCNNBCBSNYTAP ?

Not to mention the progressive dogma of your God which you feel compelled to recite to us?

You guys need to start waking up. This report again, like the others is another hoax.

The name of the killer is PALMER....One of the renowned features of a lion is the Paws....in human terms, it's the palm, hence Palmer.

yea like you know bobby....you are eating up the shit you want because you ejaculated in your underpants when you saw that picture of that big brave guy...

Newsflash: Supported facts impress me. Argumentum ad homems based on hot air and hate do not impress me.

People are crying over a frigging smelly wild animal -- meanwhile 2500 PRECIOUS and SACRED human lives were destroyed today in America's abortion mills ...

2500 human babies slaughtered! And you guys are crying over some cat ?
hey bobby?....unfortunately abortion is legal in this country,luring an old protected lion out of a sanctuary so you can get its head is not.....

Newsflash: Supported facts impress me. Argumentum ad homems based on hot air and hate do not impress me.
what i said is a fact....

Forum List

Back