🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

American Health Care Act

while discussing the tanning tax, GOP Rep Jason Smith says maybe we should tax THE SUN instead, since that "causes skin cancer." HA!

20 -40 millions Americans lose insurance.

Tens of thousands die.

And Republicans celebrate the massacre of their countrymen, the majority who are from red states.
I don't think many are interested in what you would like to see happen.

I'm all for dismantling the ACA, even though it's not "affordable" but this isn't the proper change I would vote for if I were a senator.

-Lazy old people are still getting more "tax credits" than those in their late teens and early 20's. Old people should have to pull money from their fucking 401k or pension before getting any kind of support for health insurance seeing as they're the ones driving up the costs and mooching off of the millennials. Yes, just sit on your lazy ass while the working class pays for your health insurance premium, why not? Better yet, why don't we give you a HIGHER subsidy than the working class? I don't think so. The government should tell each person above age 60 they'll get $50 a month if they get off their lazy asses and go to the gym at least three times a week. There's no point in having the highest percentage of taxpayer dollars going towards those who will die within 10-15 years anyways. This part of the law is the stupidest idea ever.

-The coverage until 26 mandate needs to go. People ages 18-26 should be paying for their own insurance. Other people within the same insurance company are paying for these people which adds to their premiums. It's a bad idea to even keep this idea in the new law. I'd say it's past due that college students actually get a punch in gut for once rather than coddling for a change. Be a man and pay for your own health insurance.

-Additionally, pediatric dentistry services should not be included in health insurance, and neither should preventative services, which also drive up premiums.

-Catastrophic insurance should be offered to anyone with with an income less than $75,000/year or $150,000 if married, and it allows for a high deductible, lost cost premium for sudden medical emergencies, with an HSA attached of course.
LOL Well now, fuck you, too. So you don't like old people. Well this 73 year old man is working full time in a steel mill. 4 12's days, 4 days off, 4 12;s nights. And I have earned the SS and Medicare I get. Many 60 to 80 hr weeks to get near maximum. My parents earned every cent they got from SS and Medicare. It is people like you that benefit from the nation they built, and I have helped build. You are nothing but an ingrate, caring for nobody but yourself.
sounds like he dont like oldsters dont it?....i wonder if he realizes he will be one one day?....
Yep, and far sooner than he imagines. The sand passes through the hourglass, more quickly every day.
it seems that way,especially as you get older....

I guess I'm one of those "mean" folks. :/ I don't think anyone should be paying for anyone else's insurance.

Frankly I think health insurance is a total rip off and I'd like to see it go away, that's a huge part of what drives the cost of medical care up. Personally, I've never had insurance, always paid out of pocket. I don't get why everyone thinks they need to run to the ER over every little sniffle. Over my life I've spent /way/ more money on eye care (glasses and such) then I've spent on health care (and I've had three pregnancies, prenatal care and all.) I just don't get what the fuck people are going to the doctors for all the time... I mean if you want to do that, then pay for it yourself, I don't think it's necessary.

The comments to my post(s) are priceless. People actually think the middle class should give higher subsidies to other people with huge wads of cash in their bank account, who don't work, and suck from the system to drive up costs, than to themselves.

Forum List

Back