American kids are among the dumbest in civilized world. Why?

The Department of Education and the Teacher's Unions.

Next question.

Five states do not allow teacher unions. Those states have the lowest test scores in the nation. Might be easy to check the condition of education before and after the Department of education was established. Wonder if it's better or worse?

I think you are referring to an article which has already been debunked. Here is a link which you might find useful:

“There’s been a factoid making the rounds during the Wisconsin union standoff that you may have seen. I’m not sure what the ultimate source of the factoid is, but here’s the meat of it as reiterated by a blogger for The Economist [what follows is the alleged comparisons of union versus non-union states]
(Explanatory insertion my own).

“…....the factoid itself is highly dubious.*Again, it is hard to find the original source for this, but I looked up*2009 ACT and SAT state rankings, and at the very least it seems*highly unlikely*that Virginia ranks 44th out of all states. According to the ACT ranking, for instance, Virginia*places 22nd, and on the SAT (assuming the linked to list is accurate — I’m doing this fast), it ranked 33rd. It’s hard to see how those would be combined for a 44th place overall finish”

SAT/ACT Factoid Debunked | Cato @ Liberty

Note: The alleged test results were created by a blogger for The Economist. It did not appear in the magazine itself.

SAT scores are a terrible and invalid way to compare states. One year the state with the highest scores only had 16% of eligible students taking the test where the lower scoring states had well over 50% taking it.

Obviously, the fewer invited is going to blow the lid off of the states that encourage all to take it.

It all comes back to the parents.

parents are 100% irrelevent since we cant kill replace or change them. We're talking about the schools.

Liberals love to blame parents so they can justify the status quo that makes our kids the dumbest in the civilized world.

Why not make liberals illegal??

Edward, you cannot substitute the teacher/school for parent/family. That is the ultra statism that has been suggested on the board. It will require an intrusive educational system that sidesteps parents.

parents are 100% irrelevent since we cant kill replace or change them. We're talking about the schools.

Liberals love to blame parents so they can justify the status quo that makes our kids the dumbest in the civilized world.

If your kid is not that bright, if you are his/her parent look in the mirror for the reason. Too busy working. Out of town on business trips. This that. If your kid is struggling, you had better step up to the plate. You cannot make a kid learn. They have to want to learn. Those that put all the blame on schools are the ones who have no time for their kids. The way I see it and from what I observe there is a large percentage of parents in this nation failing.

Parents are why schools and students succeed well, in part, or not at all.

A parent who will not be part of the child's education is a parent in failure.

Parents see an A on a report card but don't know that their little daring had his grade scaled up from a C

Edward, you cannot substitute the teacher/school for parent/family. That is the ultra statism that has been suggested on the board. It will require an intrusive educational system that sidesteps parents.

as I said, watch "Waiting for Superman", to see what happens when you put Republican vouchers in the hands of ghetto parents, before you dismiss parents.

as I said, watch "Waiting for Superman", to see what happens when you put Republican vouchers in the hands of ghetto parents, before you dismiss parents.

I watch the Maury show and know what happens

Vouchers is the approach of the meatheads and corporatists, period.

Parents, period, is the answer.

You are a right wing progressive statist, admit it.

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.
From the Texas GOP platform document
Home :: Texas GOP Convention

Some Conservatives praise home-schooling, but also claim parents have little impact on their education if they go to a public school.

Seems contradictory at the least. :thup:

Vouchers is the approach of the meatheads and corporatists, period.

Parents, period, is the answer.

You are a right wing progressive statist, admit it.

Then there is no need for vouchers because parents won't use them the way you want.

Extremists love to blame any body so they can justify their attempt to rewrite the America narrative.

I am glad you post, Edward, so the forces of balance on this Board can competently demonstrate your nonsense is just that, nonsensical.

Then there is no need for vouchers because parents won't use them the way you want.

go see "Waiting for Superman" or watch "60 Minutes" to see how ghetto parents use their vouchers and then tell me what you think! Fact is ghetto parents want vouchers more than anyone because their schools are the most liberal and deadly to children.

Defending status quo liberal schools is Nazi-like in its pure obsessive ignorance

Give the poor vouchers and they will find some way to sell them. It shouldn't matter since the goal is to identify and sequester those children with the most promise and abandon the rest.

But if the parents are incompetent as you have said, Edward, it does not matter if parents have vouchers for kids or not. They will be misused.

But if the parents are incompetent as you have said, Edward, it does not matter if parents have vouchers for kids or not. They will be misused.

Watch "Waiting for Superman" or 60 minutes to see how well ghetto parents use vouchers!! Ghetto parents want Republican reform most because their kids suffer most in the deadly liberal status quo schools

You wrote parents are not the answer, thus your video means nothing or guts your argument.

Parents who are involved, without vouchers, are the answer to the problem.

Forum List

Back