Americans: Do you still love this country?

Anyone who doesn't love America when things are rough and/or we've managed to put some corrupt, arrogant buffoons into office, never really loved her at all (and doesn't really understand what she's all about).

This country is definitely not what it used to be, but when I look at the bigger picture, I know that the place could be a whole lot worse.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I was watching 7th Heaven yesterday and the episode shown was when Ruthie wrote to a man that was killed while serving overseas. It was first shown after 9/11 happened in the spring of 2002. Here it is just over 11 years later and look at what's been on our plate these days...a shooting in a Colorado movie theater last summer...an elementary school shooting last December in Newtown, Connecticut...a bombing during the marathon in Boston, Massachusetts two months ago...Sadly terrorists from other countries aren't the only people that we have to worry about anymore. :( :( :(

Anyone who doesn't love America when things are rough and/or we've managed to put some corrupt, arrogant buffoons into office, never really loved her at all (and doesn't really understand what she's all about).

Things are only rough when people wipe their asses with the very document which founded this country.

I don't hate this country, still rather be here than anywhere else, but I hate a lot of the people who live here.

I do. But it is getting harder and harder to accept it the way it is now. I am living in the past, I guess. Just curious if I have company.

Very much so.

America’s greater now than at any time in its history – and the best America is yet to come.

There’s no point in living in the past, it’s impossible to do, anyway; every American needs to embrace the future with excitement and anticipation – we need to get over the self-pity, the fear, the ignorance, the hate and focus on finding actual solutions to this Nation’s problems.

Yeah, when you have a bunch of thugs running the government it makes for a pretty unpleasant atmosphere in which to live.

Exactly. I'll never forgive Reagan for amping up government by tripling the national debt, signing incredibly stupid pay increase bills, and growing government's peacetime head count more than any president before him.

Every president since then has done the same thing. Well, okay, none have given the kind of pay increases Reagan did and none have tripled the debt and none have put as many new hires on federal payrolls.

Would I saddle up for the USA again?

Not a chance.

I do. But it is getting harder and harder to accept it the way it is now. I am living in the past, I guess. Just curious if I have company.

Very much so.

America’s greater now than at any time in its history – and the best America is yet to come.

There’s no point in living in the past, it’s impossible to do, anyway; every American needs to embrace the future with excitement and anticipation – we need to get over the self-pity, the fear, the ignorance, the hate and focus on finding actual solutions to this Nation’s problems.

Provide us an example of you providing a solution other then an attack on republicans?

Yeah, when you have a bunch of thugs running the government it makes for a pretty unpleasant atmosphere in which to live.

That unpleasant atmosphere is all in your head.

Turn off the news, unplug from the internet and stop reading the papers and you'll be just fine.

Turn off the news, unplug from the internet and stop reading the papers and you'll be just fine.

Ya bury your head in the sand like the Liberals have done, ignore all the damage and stupidity of this administration and you will be fine.

So just stick your head in the sand while some buffoon destroys it?
That would be the opposite of loving your country.
That would be more like all the illegals that come here. As far as their concerned this country can self destruct as long as their sending money back to mexico and getting free health care.

Ya bury your head in the sand like the Liberals have done, ignore all the damage and stupidity of this administration and you will be fine.

As opposed to going through life constantly pissed off and stressed out?

Fuck that.

Exactly. I'll never forgive Reagan for amping up government by tripling the national debt, signing incredibly stupid pay increase bills, and growing government's peacetime head count more than any president before him.

Every president since then has done the same thing. Well, okay, none have given the kind of pay increases Reagan did and none have tripled the debt and none have put as many new hires on federal payrolls.

Would I saddle up for the USA again?

Not a chance.

Reagan turned us into a debtor nation. He changed the US on a fundamental level that has been magnified by the GObP.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1czeAFyJ48]Merle Haggard - Fightin' Side of Me - YouTube[/ame]

watch

Forum List

Back