🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Americans Earning Six Figures Or More Pay Nearly 80% of Individual Income Taxes

Those who pay no taxes should be forced to send me a thank you card each year for working hard and paying their share.
You can send them one as well for the money that you have to pay taxes and live your life... Where do you think that money comes from?

Moochers naturally feel ashamed that I have to work overtime to pay their share.
Obviously your perception of what their "share" should be is different than what others think. Those who understand economics and want to promote a stronger economy and middle class would disagree with you

Paying no income tax isn't paying your share, worse paying no income tax and getting a refund check certainly isn't paying your share. Both are mooching of the hard work and sweat of others, I feel even a liberal can grasp that.
Stop taking such an elementary approach... If you can't grasp the purpose and function of taxation and how it acts in our economy then you can not judge what somebody's "fair share" is worth. The purpose isn't to be "fair" to everybody... If you want to be fair then everybody should just pay the same flat fee. The purpose is to fund spending that supports the security and general welfare of the people as stated in the constitution. To do this, the best economic decisions need to be made. To create a prosperous economy we need a stronger middle and small business class, and we need to deal with the massive imbalance of wealth... Still with me?

was able to save a significant amount in my taxes for my mortgage interest, taxes, and insurance deductions. So the money I spend on paying off my house saved me a ton in taxes. If I were renting I would not be able to save with these deductions. While I love the fact that I saved, I couldn't help but notice the imbalance. If I had the same income as a renter, they are paying more in taxes than I, while burning money each month in rent. I save while paying off an appreciating asset that gains value every year... One example of how our tax code benefits the "owners"

While I agree with a lot of what you wrote, there is a flip side.

Many younger people are leery about home ownership after watching the beating many people took in the housing collapse.

I think home owners spend more money on their homes, are more interested in quality neighborhoods and schools and therefore are encouraged to own homes through the tax code.

Like with kids. It serves society to have a certain level of birth rate. Tax code rewards having children. People with no kids bitch. But people with no kids do nothing to perpetuate the society. Let em bitch.

We have a more stable, productive society with higher homeownership rates and families. So government promotes both through the tax code.

Both incentives could be removed. But at what cost?

Also, the ultra wealthy really like the mortgage interest write off. It's safe.

was able to save a significant amount in my taxes for my mortgage interest, taxes, and insurance deductions. So the money I spend on paying off my house saved me a ton in taxes. If I were renting I would not be able to save with these deductions. While I love the fact that I saved, I couldn't help but notice the imbalance. If I had the same income as a renter, they are paying more in taxes than I, while burning money each month in rent. I save while paying off an appreciating asset that gains value every year... One example of how our tax code benefits the "owners"

While I agree with a lot of what you wrote, there is a flip side.

Many younger people are leery about home ownership after watching the beating many people took in the housing collapse.

I think home owners spend more money on their homes, are more interested in quality neighborhoods and schools and therefore are encouraged to own homes through the tax code.

Like with kids. It serves society to have a certain level of birth rate. Tax code rewards having children. People with no kids bitch. But people with no kids do nothing to perpetuate the society. Let em bitch.

We have a more stable, productive society with higher homeownership rates and families. So government promotes both through the tax code.

Both incentives could be removed. But at what cost?

Also, the ultra wealthy really like the mortgage interest write off. It's safe.
I completely agree, and see the advantages to higher home ownership and thus the purpose for the tax incentives. I wasn't trying to imply they should be removed, I was just observing the irony of the situation... There are many other examples of this type of thing that applies with big business operations making an already complicated situation even more complicated.

Small businesses get hit harder by government regulation so no this country doesn't support small business growth
I'm talking about big biz... Try to keep up
And yet you say this and I quote

if they do downsize then that opens the market for more competition which is a good thing if our system can support small business growth

Seems like you can't even keep up with the shit you say
I'm keeping up just fine... You seem to have a hard time following. Try reading slower and learning a thing or two about economics.

Yeah you end your post with a statement on small business growth but you aren't talking about small business got it
I guess it is still going over your head... I'll try and make it real simple. You are advocating for a fair flat tax, but you fail to understand the purpose of taxation. It isn't a "pay to use" system. Taxation is how our treasury removes currency from the economy to balance spending and maintain a strong value for the dollar. The purpose of spending is to provide safety, security, and opportunity for its citizens. Most people agree that a strong middle class and small business class is the foundation of a strong economy. Because of this, taxation should not be aimed at the poor, middle, or small business classes. As new money enters the market it funnels up to the "owners" or the top % of earners. This creates a massive imbalance of wealth which is a problem on many levels (economically speaking) This is why it is both smart and fair to have a progressive tax plan aimed at removing currency by means of taxing that top % and not pulling from the pockets of our poor, middle class, and small businesses. I realize I am being repetitive but you are failing to show understanding so I'm trying to make it as easy as possible... get it now?

Condescending dick I don't need you to explain anything to me

Anyone who wants to can get a piece of that so called new money.

And if we are going to have a tax on an earned dollar then all those dollars should be treated exactly the same. There is no diminishing marginal utility of a dollar.

And under any flat tax plan the people making the most would still be paying the most the only difference is that the people getting a free ride will now have to pay their share. A progressive tax is patently unfair as it is never justified to take 40% of a portion of anyone's income

If we are going to have an income tax then anyone with an income should pay it just like anyone who buys a gallon of gas pays the gas tax

So the govt should be in the business of making low wage earners even more poor so they qualify for even more social programs?
Try some critical thinking if you're up to it.

The government should be in the business of treating everyone exactly the same under the law. Allowing some people not to pay income taxes is not doing that

We're done. You obviously have a poor grasp on the subject.

No you want to treat an earned dollar differently than any other taxable commodity.

We don't have increasing tax brackets for any other tax in this country income should not be treated differently

What you believe should be and what is are two different things. Thankfully we don't let lightweights like you make decisions for the rest of us.

So you can't give me a good reason not to treat all dollars the same got it

You do not pay income tax if you get all your federal withholding back.

Good God dude. You fucking can't get your income taxes BACK if you never paid them in the first place.

Which is the claim you make; the working poor pay no income tax. Like it isn't even withheld from their paycheck.

Why don't you learn to say they pay income taxes and at tax time the congress gives all their taxes BACK plus a bonus amount.

At least you could try harder to be accurate. Because what I described is what happens.

My god are you being deliberately thick

Taxes are withheld then given back the NET INCOME TAX is fucking ZERO therefore they had NO TAX LIABILITY AND PAID NO TAXES

So the govt should be in the business of making low wage earners even more poor so they qualify for even more social programs?

The government should be in the business of treating everyone exactly the same under the law. Allowing some people not to pay income taxes is not doing that

That's for sure. Doesn't he know that parroting leftist lawyers like you do is the true indication you understand taxes and economics? Geez

You're just as bad. No clue as to the why of the way things are, only tearful lamentations over what it ought to be.

What you are arguing is what leftist lawyers say, it isn't what economists say. I'm an MBA in finance, a field of economics. You don't know what you're talking about, you're just aping the liberal lawyers who told you what to think. And like a good little Democrat, you think it

I'm an MBA in finance

Doubtful unless MBA stands for master bullshit artist.

That's for sure. Doesn't he know that parroting leftist lawyers like you do is the true indication you understand taxes and economics? Geez

You're just as bad. No clue as to the why of the way things are, only tearful lamentations over what it ought to be.

What you are arguing is what leftist lawyers say, it isn't what economists say. I'm an MBA in finance, a field of economics. You don't know
what you're talking about, you're just aping the liberal lawyers who told you what to think. And like a good little Democrat, you think it

I'm an MBA in finance

Doubtful unless MBA stands for master bullshit artist.

One of the top in the country, the University of Michigan, Ross Business School. And I finished with high distinction, which means I was in the top 10% of the class.

I am a master bullshit artist, but in this case it's you thinking liberal lawyers are economic savants. I'm going to let you in on a little secret. They are lying to you. They know nothing about economics and the prove that every time they discuss the subject

I'm talking about big biz... Try to keep up
And yet you say this and I quote

if they do downsize then that opens the market for more competition which is a good thing if our system can support small business growth

Seems like you can't even keep up with the shit you say
I'm keeping up just fine... You seem to have a hard time following. Try reading slower and learning a thing or two about economics.

Yeah you end your post with a statement on small business growth but you aren't talking about small business got it
I guess it is still going over your head... I'll try and make it real simple. You are advocating for a fair flat tax, but you fail to understand the purpose of taxation. It isn't a "pay to use" system. Taxation is how our treasury removes currency from the economy to balance spending and maintain a strong value for the dollar. The purpose of spending is to provide safety, security, and opportunity for its citizens. Most people agree that a strong middle class and small business class is the foundation of a strong economy. Because of this, taxation should not be aimed at the poor, middle, or small business classes. As new money enters the market it funnels up to the "owners" or the top % of earners. This creates a massive imbalance of wealth which is a problem on many levels (economically speaking) This is why it is both smart and fair to have a progressive tax plan aimed at removing currency by means of taxing that top % and not pulling from the pockets of our poor, middle class, and small businesses. I realize I am being repetitive but you are failing to show understanding so I'm trying to make it as easy as possible... get it now?

Condescending dick I don't need you to explain anything to me

Anyone who wants to can get a piece of that so called new money.

And if we are going to have a tax on an earned dollar then all those dollars should be treated exactly the same. There is no diminishing marginal utility of a dollar.

And under any flat tax plan the people making the most would still be paying the most the only difference is that the people getting a free ride will now have to pay their share. A progressive tax is patently unfair as it is never justified to take 40% of a portion of anyone's income
I don't like being condescending but after reading your comments on this thread it is very hard not to be. You don't know what you are talking about, it's pretty clear... I'll stop trying to explain, you can keep on thinking you are right if it helps you sleep at night.

Those who pay no taxes should be forced to send me a thank you card each year for working hard and paying their share.
You can send them one as well for the money that you have to pay taxes and live your life... Where do you think that money comes from?

Moochers naturally feel ashamed that I have to work overtime to pay their share.
Obviously your perception of what their "share" should be is different than what others think. Those who understand economics and want to promote a stronger economy and middle class would disagree with you

Paying no income tax isn't paying your share, worse paying no income tax and getting a refund check certainly isn't paying your share. Both are mooching of the hard work and sweat of others, I feel even a liberal can grasp that.
Stop taking such an elementary approach... If you can't grasp the purpose and function of taxation and how it acts in our economy then you can not judge what somebody's "fair share" is worth. The purpose isn't to be "fair" to everybody... If you want to be fair then everybody should just pay the same flat fee. The purpose is to fund spending that supports the security and general welfare of the people as stated in the constitution. To do this, the best economic decisions need to be made. To create a prosperous economy we need a stronger middle and small business class, and we need to deal with the massive imbalance of wealth... Still with me?

Try to get this through the 4 inches of your neanderthal liberal skull, moochers and sponges paying nothing while others work their ass off to pay the moochers and sponges share is bullshit.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

No you want to treat an earned dollar differently than any other taxable commodity.

We don't have increasing tax brackets for any other tax in this country income should not be treated differently

What you believe should be and what is are two different things. Thankfully we don't let lightweights like you make decisions for the rest of us.

So you can't give me a good reason not to treat all dollars the same got it
Thats easy, all dollars shouldn't be treated the same because all dollars aren't the same... a poor persons dollar gets spent and they never see it again. It might float around in the hands of a few but eventually it ends up in the hands of the top earners... There is a vacuum sucking our wealth into the hands of a few... Did they earn it? Yes. Does it justify holding them to a higher tax burden? Yes. Is it unfair. No Will they ever have to worry about the security of themselves or their family for the rest of their lives and their families lives? No.

Try to get this through the 4 inches of your neanderthal liberal skull, moochers and sponges paying nothing while others work their ass off to pay the moochers and sponges share is bullshit.
Keep telling yourself that bucko... A laborer is the hardest worker at a construction site and gets paid the least... is that fair? An investor gets paid for doing absolutely nothing, are they a sponge? Is that fair? I"m not saying I have a problem with any of these things because there is an element of value that needs to be considered... It's not about what's "Fair" it's about whats right and whats smart and what best helps our systems, economy and society as a whole.

Hey skull you take all your write offs and deductions allowed in the tax code?

Go ahead and answer that; of course you did.

You mad at yourself for not paying as many tax dollars as you could have? Of course not.

But damn them poor low wage earners for using the tax code.

You are a selfish idiot dude.

Let's hope dear old man Bernie isn't elected....imagine, if you will - having a wallet with a $10 dollar bill in it. Good old communist Bernie comes in, takes your wallet and your $10 dollar bill and replaces it with a $1 dollar bill. Congratulations!!! You just paid YOUR fair share!!!

There's no such thing in Bernie's tax plan.

Oh hell, that's right...That 75 year old man is ONLY going to tax the "rich" at a 90% tax rate. Question for you....who do you think will be considered "rich" when all the wealthy leave the country? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Let's hope dear old man Bernie isn't elected....imagine, if you will - having a wallet with a $10 dollar bill in it. Good old communist Bernie comes in, takes your wallet and your $10 dollar bill and replaces it with a $1 dollar bill. Congratulations!!! You just paid YOUR fair share!!!

Oh hell, that's right...That 75 year old man is ONLY going to tax the "rich" at a 90% tax rate. Question for you....who do you think will be considered "rich" when all the wealthy leave the country? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Where did you get 90% from... If you are going to present an argument then how about you make it an accurate one or else how are we supposed to take you seriously? Also, the wealthy aren't going anywhere but if they do then how does that effect us?

Where did you get 90% from... If you are going to present an argument then how about you make it an accurate one or else how are we supposed to take you seriously? Also, the wealthy aren't going anywhere but if they do then how does that effect us?

I got it straight from the old man's mouth:

Like I said before - Who will be the "rich" when the wealthy leave the country?

Last edited:

Whoa, who is this douche and is he really somebody You listen to and respect?! Just tell me a time code to jump to so I can hear where Bernie says he wants to tax the rich 90%... I can't listen to 10 min of this guy

Whoa, who is this douche and is he really somebody You listen to and respect?! Just tell me a time code to jump to so I can hear where Bernie says he wants to tax the rich 90%... I can't listen to 10 min of this guy

FACT CHECK: Does Bernie Sanders Want a 90% Tax?

Now, do you really believe that Bernie WOULDN'T raise the tax rate to 90%? Honestly? Or are you just ignoring the fact that your boy is a "socialist" (code for "communist)

FACT CHECK: Does Bernie Sanders Want a 90% Tax?

Now, do you really believe that Bernie WOULDN'T raise the tax rate to 90%? Honestly? Or are you just ignoring the fact that your boy is a "socialist" (code for "communist)

Come on, thats the best you can come up with? That article doesn't say shit, give me a quote or a proposal from his website... Anything... I've heard many interviews with Sanders when the 90% question has come up and every time he has stated that he wouldn't propose a rate that high. Keep digging... But until you get something concrete you should stop spreading lies. What happened to the "horses mouth"?

Forum List

Back