🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Americans Earning Six Figures Or More Pay Nearly 80% of Individual Income Taxes

Is this information significant in any way?
Is it new or has it always been the case that the wealthiest pay the largest share? If so then what is your point?

Everyone should pay taxes, that is the only way to make you invested in how the money is spent

Everyone does pay taxes. Payroll taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, gasoline tax, sin tax and any number of fees on any number of things. The people who most benefit from a break on income tax should be the one to get it.

If we are going to have an income tax then anyone with an income should pay it just like anyone who buys a gallon of gas pays the gas tax

So the govt should be in the business of making low wage earners even more poor so they qualify for even more social programs?
Try some critical thinking if you're up to it.

The government should be in the business of treating everyone exactly the same under the law. Allowing some people not to pay income taxes is not doing that

We're done. You obviously have a poor grasp on the subject.

To the 45 percent that Romney was right about, you're welcome.

Americans earning six figures or more paid 79.5 percent of the nation’s share in individual income taxes in 2014, according to the latest preliminary data from the Internal Revenue Service.

Americans paid a total of $1,358,093,169,000 to the IRS in individual income taxes in 2014. Americans earning $100,000 or more paid $1,079,392,180,000 to the IRS, or 79.5 percent of the total

And:
45% of Americans pay no federal income tax

Is it new or has it always been the case that the wealthiest pay the largest share? If so then what is your point?

Everyone should pay taxes, that is the only way to make you invested in how the money is spent

Everyone does pay taxes. Payroll taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, gasoline tax, sin tax and any number of fees on any number of things. The people who most benefit from a break on income tax should be the one to get it.

Exactly! You run across the desert, go into a gas station and buy a pack of gum, you're a taxpayer! That's how lame you people are

Ya, that's all it is. What was I thinking?

How Much Does the Average American Worker Pay in Taxes? : FedSmith.com Blogs

"According to the Tax Foundation’s report, the OECD found that the average American worker faced a 31.5% tax wedge (this includes both income and payroll taxes). Additionally, the average worker paid an average effective income tax rate of 15.7% and an average effective payroll tax rate of 15.9%. The average worker in this scenario is a single worker without children who earned an annual income of $50,084."

You do not pay income tax if you get all your federal withholding back. And People only have only 7.65% of their income taken in FICA taxes the rest is paid by the employer

If we are going to have an income tax then anyone with an income should pay it just like anyone who buys a gallon of gas pays the gas tax

So the govt should be in the business of making low wage earners even more poor so they qualify for even more social programs?

The government should be in the business of treating everyone exactly the same under the law. Allowing some people not to pay income taxes is not doing that

No you want to treat an earned dollar differently than any other taxable commodity.

We don't have increasing tax brackets for any other tax in this country income should not be treated differently

When companies start firing people they stunt their growth and earning potential, so if they were smart they would invest in the right places should taxation or wage regulation be increased... If they do downsize then that opens the market for more competition which is a good thing if our system can support small business growth

Small businesses get hit harder by government regulation so no this country doesn't support small business growth
I'm talking about big biz... Try to keep up
And yet you say this and I quote

if they do downsize then that opens the market for more competition which is a good thing if our system can support small business growth

Seems like you can't even keep up with the shit you say
I'm keeping up just fine... You seem to have a hard time following. Try reading slower and learning a thing or two about economics.

Yeah you end your post with a statement on small business growth but you aren't talking about small business got it
I guess it is still going over your head... I'll try and make it real simple. You are advocating for a fair flat tax, but you fail to understand the purpose of taxation. It isn't a "pay to use" system. Taxation is how our treasury removes currency from the economy to balance spending and maintain a strong value for the dollar. The purpose of spending is to provide safety, security, and opportunity for its citizens. Most people agree that a strong middle class and small business class is the foundation of a strong economy. Because of this, taxation should not be aimed at the poor, middle, or small business classes. As new money enters the market it funnels up to the "owners" or the top % of earners. This creates a massive imbalance of wealth which is a problem on many levels (economically speaking) This is why it is both smart and fair to have a progressive tax plan aimed at removing currency by means of taxing that top % and not pulling from the pockets of our poor, middle class, and small businesses. I realize I am being repetitive but you are failing to show understanding so I'm trying to make it as easy as possible... get it now?

Those who pay no taxes should be forced to send me a thank you card each year for working hard and paying their share.
You can send them one as well for the money that you have to pay taxes and live your life... Where do you think that money comes from?

To the 45 percent that Romney was right about, you're welcome.

Americans earning six figures or more paid 79.5 percent of the nation’s share in individual income taxes in 2014, according to the latest preliminary data from the Internal Revenue Service.

Americans paid a total of $1,358,093,169,000 to the IRS in individual income taxes in 2014. Americans earning $100,000 or more paid $1,079,392,180,000 to the IRS, or 79.5 percent of the total

And:

Government shouldn't be in the business of deciding how much we need and redistributing money at all

Exactly! You run across the desert, go into a gas station and buy a pack of gum, you're a taxpayer! That's how lame you people are

Ya, that's all it is. What was I thinking?

How Much Does the Average American Worker Pay in Taxes? : FedSmith.com Blogs

"According to the Tax Foundation’s report, the OECD found that the average American worker faced a 31.5% tax wedge (this includes both income and payroll taxes). Additionally, the average worker paid an average effective income tax rate of 15.7% and an average effective payroll tax rate of 15.9%. The average worker in this scenario is a single worker without children who earned an annual income of $50,084."

That's the funkiest tax calculation I've ever seen. It gets that some taxes are embedded (e.g., empoyer's payroll tax) but doesn't get that their taxes are embedded in the employer's prices. It's just a meaningless Frankenstein calculation to make a predetermined point

How is that funky? It's pretty basic.
It seems you have a predetermined point that escapes even you.

I answered that question in the post you responded to

That's for sure. Doesn't he know that parroting leftist lawyers like you do is the true indication you understand taxes and economics? Geez

Government shouldn't be in the business of deciding how much we need and redistributing money at all
The government and treasury department is responsible for maintaining a strong dollar and managing the flow of currency in this country to yield as strong as an economy as possible. The stronger the economy the more prosperous our entire country is. Without any government involvement we would eventually end up with a dozen individuals and China owning our entire country and all it's wealth... Then what?

No you want to treat an earned dollar differently than any other taxable commodity.

We don't have increasing tax brackets for any other tax in this country income should not be treated differently

What you believe should be and what is are two different things. Thankfully we don't let lightweights like you make decisions for the rest of us.

That's for sure. Doesn't he know that parroting leftist lawyers like you do is the true indication you understand taxes and economics? Geez

You're just as bad. No clue as to the why of the way things are, only tearful lamentations over what it ought to be.

And little green fairies should fly down, kiss your ugly mug and leave you a bazillion dollars.

But that's not likely to happen either.

And dumb fuck, did you take all your available deductions this year on your taxes?

So did the low wage earners. Used the tax code to their advantage just like republicans wanted and just like you do.

It must really suck to be a stupid hypocrite. Being stupid should have been enough for you.

Those who pay no taxes should be forced to send me a thank you card each year for working hard and paying their share.
You can send them one as well for the money that you have to pay taxes and live your life... Where do you think that money comes from?

Moochers naturally feel ashamed that I have to work overtime to pay their share.

An interesting observation about Taxes. I was able to save a significant amount in my taxes for my mortgage interest, taxes, and insurance deductions. So the money I spend on paying off my house saved me a ton in taxes. If I were renting I would not be able to save with these deductions. While I love the fact that I saved, I couldn't help but notice the imbalance. If I had the same income as a renter, they are paying more in taxes than I, while burning money each month in rent. I save while paying off an appreciating asset that gains value every year... One example of how our tax code benefits the "owners"

You do not pay income tax if you get all your federal withholding back.

Good God dude. You fucking can't get your income taxes BACK if you never paid them in the first place.

Which is the claim you make; the working poor pay no income tax. Like it isn't even withheld from their paycheck.

Why don't you learn to say they pay income taxes and at tax time the congress gives all their taxes BACK plus a bonus amount.

At least you could try harder to be accurate. Because what I described is what happens.

Moochers naturally feel ashamed that I have to work overtime to pay their share.
Obviously your perception of what their "share" should be is different than what others think. Those who understand economics and want to promote a stronger economy and middle class would disagree with you

Obviously your perception of what their "share" should be is different than what others think. Those who understand economics and want to promote a stronger economy and middle class would disagree with you

Paying no income tax isn't paying your share, worse paying no income tax and getting a refund check certainly isn't paying your share. Both are mooching of the hard work and sweat of others, I feel even a liberal can grasp that.

The government and treasury department is responsible for maintaining a strong dollar and managing the flow of currency in this country to yield as strong as an economy as possible. The stronger the economy the more prosperous our entire country is. Without any government involvement we would eventually end up with a dozen individuals and China owning our entire country and all it's wealth... Then what?

My point was on redistribution of wealth

You're just as bad. No clue as to the why of the way things are, only tearful lamentations over what it ought to be.

What you are arguing is what leftist lawyers say, it isn't what economists say. I'm an MBA in finance, a field of economics. You don't know what you're talking about, you're just aping the liberal lawyers who told you what to think. And like a good little Democrat, you think it

Forum List

Back