🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Americans Earning Six Figures Or More Pay Nearly 80% of Individual Income Taxes

I was addressing specifically the issuing new money point.

On your argument, the point you're missing is that the ones who are collecting the shavings are the ones giving the ones holding a few pencils jobs and when you tax the shavings, you directly reduce the jobs. As a business owner, you take my $$$, I either cut staff I have or grow more slowly. Can't spend what I don't have
You are correct with small businesses but with big business and the 1% you are talking about something completely different. I'm fine with tax incentives for big biz geared towards domestic job growth and investment, but when execs are getting paid 100s of millions of dollars and cutting low end jobs, then something is wrong

The only tax cuts that work are the across the board ones. The targeted ones change behavior and inevitably undermine the intent of the cut. Raise the minimum wage? A bunch of people get sacked. Tax repatriated money? Money stays overseas. Raise the tax on dividend? Companies put more money into stock buybacks. Politicians aren't as smart as we are. Free markets drive efficiency and maximize the benefits. You can't tax the shavers thinking we are the only ones effected. You don't really affect our lives, but we have less to invest and the people you tried to help get fired
When companies start firing people they stunt their growth and earning potential, so if they were smart they would invest in the right places should taxation or wage regulation be increased... If they do downsize then that opens the market for more competition which is a good thing if our system can support small business growth

Small businesses get hit harder by government regulation so no this country doesn't support small business growth
To the 45 percent that Romney was right about, you're welcome.

Americans earning six figures or more paid 79.5 percent of the nation’s share in individual income taxes in 2014, according to the latest preliminary data from the Internal Revenue Service.

Americans paid a total of $1,358,093,169,000 to the IRS in individual income taxes in 2014. Americans earning $100,000 or more paid $1,079,392,180,000 to the IRS, or 79.5 percent of the total

And:
45% of Americans pay no federal income tax

Is this information significant in any way?
Is it new or has it always been the case that the wealthiest pay the largest share? If so then what is your point?

Everyone should pay taxes, that is the only way to make you invested in how the money is spent
Everyone DOES pay taxes, except in bs Pub world. Everyone pays 20-30% in ALL taxes and fees, with only the richest prospering. Great job, hypocrite greedy Pubs and silly dupes...

Once again that is not the point at all

If we are going to have an income tax then everyone with an income should pay it. I don't see what's so fucking difficult to understand about that

I was addressing specifically the issuing new money point.

On your argument, the point you're missing is that the ones who are collecting the shavings are the ones giving the ones holding a few pencils jobs and when you tax the shavings, you directly reduce the jobs. As a business owner, you take my $$$, I either cut staff I have or grow more slowly. Can't spend what I don't have
You are correct with small businesses but with big business and the 1% you are talking about something completely different. I'm fine with tax incentives for big biz geared towards domestic job growth and investment, but when execs are getting paid 100s of millions of dollars and cutting low end jobs, then something is wrong

The only tax cuts that work are the across the board ones. The targeted ones change behavior and inevitably undermine the intent of the cut. Raise the minimum wage? A bunch of people get sacked. Tax repatriated money? Money stays overseas. Raise the tax on dividend? Companies put more money into stock buybacks. Politicians aren't as smart as we are. Free markets drive efficiency and maximize the benefits. You can't tax the shavers thinking we are the only ones effected. You don't really affect our lives, but we have less to invest and the people you tried to help get fired
When companies start firing people they stunt their growth and earning potential, so if they were smart they would invest in the right places should taxation or wage regulation be increased... If they do downsize then that opens the market for more competition which is a good thing if our system can support small business growth

Small businesses get hit harder by government regulation so no this country doesn't support small business growth
I'm talking about big biz... Try to keep up
And yet you say this and I quote

if they do downsize then that opens the market for more competition which is a good thing if our system can support small business growth

Seems like you can't even keep up with the shit you say

Americans earning six figures or more paid 79.5 percent of the nation’s share in individual income taxes in 2014, according to the latest preliminary data from the Internal Revenue Service.

Americans paid a total of $1,358,093,169,000 to the IRS in individual income taxes in 2014. Americans earning $100,000 or more paid $1,079,392,180,000 to the IRS, or 79.5 percent of the total

And:

Is it new or has it always been the case that the wealthiest pay the largest share? If so then what is your point?

Everyone should pay taxes, that is the only way to make you invested in how the money is spent

Everyone does pay taxes. Payroll taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, gasoline tax, sin tax and any number of fees on any number of things. The people who most benefit from a break on income tax should be the one to get it.

If we are going to have an income tax then anyone with an income should pay it just like anyone who buys a gallon of gas pays the gas tax

how come Hillary never speaks of the success of our tax dollars that went into Solyndra? wow! what an amazing investment! Billions and Billions in profits!

If we are going to have an income tax then everyone with an income should pay it. I don't see what's s

Fuck you are stupid.
How many times does it have to be explained to your pea brain that low wage workers pay income tax.

Then congress gives it all back plus more.

That EITC is a gift from.republicans to low wage earners.

Take it up with fucking congress you don't like the EITC.

But the bullshit you spread about low wage earners not paying taxes is fucking stupid. They pay, congress gives it back.

Now who is at fault for this situation? Republicans is the answer.
They gave low wage workers the EITC.

Fucking educate yourself sometimes.

• Pea brain, something for you to read. Educate yourself. Then whine about how you don't like things the way they are. Flat tax flat tax flat tax..say that three times and click your heels.....

• Both the EITC and the CTC were initially proposed, supported, and expanded by Republican policymakers with broad bipartisan support.
  • Claiming the EITC and CTC can be complicated and involves filing additional tax forms, which leads to errors of both over- and underpayment.
  • The EITC appears to increase the labor force participation of single mothers, yet the high marginal tax rates associated with its phase-out range do not appear to have a significant work disincentive effect.
  • The EITC is, by far, the most progressive tax expenditure in the income tax code.
  • The EITC reduces poverty significantly, with children constituting half of the individuals it lifts out of poverty.
  • The EITC and CTC are effective in increasing after-tax income of targeted groups, reducing poverty, and reducing income inequality.
Description
The primary purpose of taxes is to fund government to meet various social and economic goals regarding national security, economic stability, income distribution, poverty alleviation, and the efficient allocation of resources. The activities directed to lower-income individuals and families typically involve grants or transfer payments, which are often means-tested. Means-tested grants are fairly effective in reducing poverty but can potentially create work disincentive effects.

If we are going to have an income tax then everyone with an income should pay it. I don't see what's s

Fuck you are stupid.
How many times does it have to be explained to your pea brain that low wage workers pay income tax.

But the bullshit you spread about low wage earners not paying taxes is fucking stupid. They pay, congress gives it back.

You're pretty fucking stupid.
If low wage earners 'pay' x% in income tax then the government gives those tax dollars back to the low wage earners they didn't pay any income tax.
Get your head out of you ass and wise up.

You're pretty fucking stupid.
If low wage earners 'pay' x% in income tax then the government gives those tax dollars back to the low wage earners they didn't pay any income tax.
Get your head out of you ass and wise up.

Hey a rocket scientist has showed up.

So tell me rocket scientist, who made it possible for.low wage earners to get back ALL the taxes they paid in plus additional monies?

Who made that happen? Did the working poor make that happen. Or was it a giveaway by republicans to the working poor? Yes.

Or are you a dumb rocket scientist and think the poor gave themselves this program?

Let's hope dear old man Bernie isn't elected....imagine, if you will - having a wallet with a $10 dollar bill in it. Good old communist Bernie comes in, takes your wallet and your $10 dollar bill and replaces it with a $1 dollar bill. Congratulations!!! You just paid YOUR fair share!!!

There's no such thing in Bernie's tax plan.

And:

Everyone does pay taxes. Payroll taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, gasoline tax, sin tax and any number of fees on any number of things. The people who most benefit from a break on income tax should be the one to get it.

Exactly! You run across the desert, go into a gas station and buy a pack of gum, you're a taxpayer! That's how lame you people are

Ya, that's all it is. What was I thinking?

How Much Does the Average American Worker Pay in Taxes? : FedSmith.com Blogs

"According to the Tax Foundation’s report, the OECD found that the average American worker faced a 31.5% tax wedge (this includes both income and payroll taxes). Additionally, the average worker paid an average effective income tax rate of 15.7% and an average effective payroll tax rate of 15.9%. The average worker in this scenario is a single worker without children who earned an annual income of $50,084."

And:

Exactly! You run across the desert, go into a gas station and buy a pack of gum, you're a taxpayer! That's how lame you people are

"According to the Tax Foundation’s report, the OECD found that the average American worker faced a 31.5% tax wedge (this includes both income and payroll taxes). Additionally, the average worker paid an average effective income tax rate of 15.7% and an average effective payroll tax rate of 15.9%. The average worker in this scenario is a single worker without children who earned an annual income of $50,084."

That's the funkiest tax calculation I've ever seen. It gets that some taxes are embedded (e.g., empoyer's payroll tax) but doesn't get that their taxes are embedded in the employer's prices. It's just a meaningless Frankenstein calculation to make a predetermined point

Fuck you are stupid.

Hey FUCKTARD if they get all the income tax taken from them back then their net income tax is ZERO

if they do downsize then that opens the market for more competition which is a good thing if our system can support small business growth

I'm keeping up just fine... You seem to have a hard time following. Try reading slower and learning a thing or two about economics.

And:

Under any tax plan even a fair one like the flat tax the people with the highest incomes will always pay more that's not really the issue. The issue is if we are going to have an income tax then why do so many get a pass on paying it?

Because the median income is 50K a year.
Who should get the break in your opinion?

And:

If we are going to have an income tax then anyone with an income should pay it just like anyone who buys a gallon of gas pays the gas tax

So the govt should be in the business of making low wage earners even more poor so they qualify for even more social programs?
Try some critical thinking if you're up to it.

And:

Under any tax plan even a fair one like the flat tax the people with the highest incomes will always pay more that's not really the issue. The issue is if we are going to have an income tax then why do so many get a pass on paying it?

Because the median income is 50K a year.
Who should get the break in your opinion?

No one should get a break. If you have an income then you should pay an income tax.

This is why a flat income tax is the only one that makes any sense at all. Everyone would pay the same percentage of their income in taxes.

IMO there should be no deductions or exemptions of any kind. If you gross X dollars you pay Y% of X period

And:

So the govt should be in the business of making low wage earners even more poor so they qualify for even more social programs?
Try some critical thinking if you're up to it.

The government should be in the business of treating everyone exactly the same under the law. Allowing some people not to pay income taxes is not doing that

I'm keeping up just fine... You seem to have a hard time following. Try reading slower and learning a thing or two about economics.

Yeah you end your post with a statement on small business growth but you aren't talking about small business got it

That's the funkiest tax calculation I've ever seen. It gets that some taxes are embedded (e.g., empoyer's payroll tax) but doesn't get that their taxes are embedded in the employer's prices. It's just a meaningless Frankenstein calculation to make a predetermined point

How is that funky? It's pretty basic.
It seems you have a predetermined point that escapes even you.

Forum List

Back