Americans, Isnt it Time to Bury the Hatchet and Come Together Again?

OK, it has been demonstrated that the GOP can play hard ball too and push things through despite 100% Democrat opposition and some very questionable tactics.

Lets move on and come back together as Americans, can we?

I am suggesting several things need to happen:

1. lets end the gladiatorial polarizing news/'debate' formats ans try to seriously represent the issues with fair minded adults, not bomb throwing partisan ideologues.

2. Trump has his conservative majority on the court that will probably last decades, how about an olive branch to the Democrats and propose nominating Merick Garland if Bader Ruth Ginsburg retires? It still moves the SCOTUS toward a more conservative composition, but also removes a bone of contention, being the ignored Garland nomination?

3. Trump should announce he will give a pardon to everyone who has been prosecuted or might be prosecuted for any crimes during the 2016 election or related to investigations thereof. This might restore some bipartisan spirit of compromise and congeniality and remove the specter of being prosecuted simply because the other side controls the DOJ and executive branch.

I know alot of Democrats and they are patriots too, just poorly led, and much of that shortfall in their leadership is due to the heightened polarization that has been occurring for the last four decades.

Lets bury the hatchet and return to supporting each other for the common national good shall we?
Not a chance. It’s nearing time to finish this once and for all.

Yes but as Trump himself stated Nazis and KKKers , some are nice people
He didn't say that liar. This is the root of the Demonrat problem

Were you there too?
President Trump defended the white nationalists who protested in Charlottesville on Tuesday, saying they included “some very fine people,” while expressing sympathy for their demonstration against the removal of a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee. It was a strikingly different message from the prepared statement he had delivered on Monday, and a reversion to his initial response over the weekend.

Speaking in the lobby of Trump Tower at what had been billed as a statement on infrastructure, a combative Trump defended his slowness to condemn white nationalists and neo-Nazis after the melee in central Virginia, which ended in the death of one woman and injuries to dozens of others, and compared the tearing down of Confederate monuments to the hypothetical removal of monuments to the Founding Fathers. He also said that counter-protesters deserve an equal amount of blame for the violence.

“What about the alt-left that came charging at, as you say, at the alt-right?” Trump said. “Do they have any semblance of guilt?”

“I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me,” he said.

“You had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists,” Trump said. “The press has treated them absolutely unfairly.”

“You also had some very fine people on both sides,” he said.

The “Unite the Right” rally that sparked the violence in Charlottesville featured several leading names in the white-nationalist alt-right movement, and also attracted people displaying Nazi symbols. As they walked down the street, the white-nationalist protesters chanted “blood and soil,” the English translation of a Nazi slogan. One of the men seen marching with the fascist group American Vanguard, James A. Fields, is charged with deliberately ramming a car into a crowd of counter-protesters, killing 32-year-old counter-protester Heather Heyer.

OK, it has been demonstrated that the GOP can play hard ball too and push things through despite 100% Democrat opposition and some very questionable tactics.

1. lets end the gladiatorial polarizing news/'debate' formats ans try to seriously represent the issues with fair minded adults, not bomb throwing partisan ideologues.

2. Trump has his conservative majority on the court that will probably last decades, how about an olive branch to the Democrats and propose nominating Merick Garland if Bader Ruth Ginsburg retires? It still moves the SCOTUS toward a more conservative composition, but also removes a bone of contention, being the ignored Garland nomination?

3. Trump should announce he will give a pardon to everyone who has been prosecuted or might be prosecuted for any crimes during the 2016 election or related to investigations thereof. This might restore some bipartisan spirit of compromise and congeniality and remove the specter of being prosecuted simply because the other side controls the DOJ and executive branch.

I know alot of Democrats and they are patriots too, just poorly led, and much of that shortfall in their leadership is due to the heightened polarization that has been occurring for the last four decades.

Lets bury the hatchet and return to supporting each other for the common national good shall we?
Yes in 2 more years when we throw the SB traitors out of the WH

???

Republicans are reasonable people but democrats torch cars and break windows, chase cabinet members out of restaurants, shoot at republican baseball teams and threaten the President with everything from arson to assault and murder to kidnapping. Which party needs to "bury the hatchet"? I'm afraid the hatched would be buried in the President if democrats had their chance.
"""Punch him in the face I'll pay his bail"""
I rest my case.
The paid sorosbots on the internet do not represent rational centrist Democrats who ARE the majority of Democrats.

???
Sugar Baby?

Not a chance in hell. If anything the hatchet should be used more aggressively on conservative necks.

These aren't Kennedy Democrats. Heck, they're not even Jimmy Carter Democrats.

They're not even Bill Clinton Democrats. You can't make peace with these people; they must be defeated. Utterly.

"Woe to those who call evil good
And good evil,
Who put darkness for light
And light for darkness,
Who put bitter for sweet
And sweet for bitter!"

--Isaiah 5:20

They're not even Bill Clinton Democrats. You can't make peace with these people; they must be defeated. Utterly.

And good evil,
And light for darkness,
Who put bitter for sweet
And sweet for bitter!"

Those are TV Democrats, not real Democrats.

Yes but as Trump himself stated Nazis and KKKers , some are nice people
He didn't say that liar. This is the root of the Demonrat problem

That's a misquote, out of context, and, effectively, a lie....
I believe I've pointed it out to our pal, eddie.....

Trump was referring to folks for and opposed to Confederate statues.

From USAToday:
"To be fair, President Donald Trump was making a somewhat subtler point. In his colloquy with the press, he was not calling neo-Nazis great folks but arguing that many of the Confederate-statue-loving protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, were not neo-Nazis at all. Somehow, these “fine people” got mixed in with white supremacists shouting, “Jews will not replace us,” and never noticed their compatriots were not fine people, too."
One year after Charlottesville, Trump has normalized racism in America

And good evil,
And light for darkness,
Who put bitter for sweet
And sweet for bitter!"

Who are the 'real' Democrats?

Today’s Democrat Party is closer to Lee Harvey Oswald, than to John F. Kennedy.

Sure...what's the deal? Lefties will only murder half as many babies? They'll only loot, burn, and riot half as much as they do now? They'll send Pelosi, Maxine, Schumer, Booker, and DiFi to the crazy house where they belong? They'll bring charges of spousal abuse against Ellison?

Where is your middle ground?

"...the battle has just begun. The war has fully arrived, and it is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

It is a war between the “Shout Your Abortion” camp and the “Choose Life” camp. A war between extreme feminism and the traditional family. A war between LGBT activism and Bible-based definitions of gender and sexuality.

It is a war that new laws cannot stop. A war that Congress cannot thwart. A war that neither the President nor the Supreme Court can end. A war whose hostilities will not be assuaged by electoral changes.

....absolutely no intention of compromising any of my core values, nor did I envision finding some happy, “middle ground.”
With the Confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh the Battle Has Begun

The GOP has tried that for years. McCain was famous for crossing the isle. Trump proposed it in his SOTU address. Democrats wouldn't even applaud the good things. Obama famously stuck it to the Republicans every chance he had. Even leaving land mines behind him to trip up Trump after he was gone. Its the Democrats who are sworn to radical, idealistic, extreme, isolationist intolerance. The GOP talk about the need to unite all the time. The Dems NEVER do. They are the divide, overcome and conquer party. The Dems had the nerve to show up at McCain's funeral touting what a great man he was and almost a day later were right back at their usual MO.

They created Trump. They've made a mortal enemy of him. Now they made an enemy of Kavanaugh. That's 66% of the government. The Democrats are less than half of the other 33% Now they better not whine when it all comes back to bite them in the ass. Win or lose this fall, the Dems have a big surprise coming their way. Sucks to be them.
You guys vilified McCain for attempting compromise. You turned that word into a treasonous act.

And good evil,
And light for darkness,
Who put bitter for sweet
And sweet for bitter!"

Who are the 'real' Democrats?

Today’s Democrat Party is closer to Lee Harvey Oswald, than to John F. Kennedy.
JFK was one of the last conservative democrats before the party switch.

Nope. For the past several years leftists have called me a racist, a Nazi, and a woman hater. I've been told that I haven't succeeded on my own merits but that I stole everything I've earned. I've been demonized for the color of my skin and vilified for daring to put America first.

I want nothing to do with these people. Not now, not ever. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, and they have nobody to blame but themselves.
And what have you called leftists?

I have a better chance of getting a personal serenade from my newest favorite singer and not only has it been 20 years since his suicide, but cremating is what was done to his body.

157006.jpg

God bless you and those who have loved him longer than me always!!!

Holly

P.S. My favorite is the one at the top of the picture.

Forum List

Back