Americans like concealed carry of guns for self defense....increase in permits this year..

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This year saw another increase in the number of honest, law abiding citizens carrying guns for self defense.....

Crime Prevention Research Center crimeresearch.org - To subscribe to the CPRC write us at info crimeresearch.org put subscribe in subject line. Website address crimeresearch.org

Since President Obama’s election the number of concealed handgun permits has soared, growing from 4.6 million in 2007 to over 12.8 million this year. Among the findings in our report:

• The number of concealed handgun permits is increasing at an ever- increasing rate. Over the past year, 1.7 million additional new permits have been issued – a 15.4% increase in just one single year. This is the largest ever single-year increase in the number of concealed handgun permits.
  • 5.2% of the total adult population has a permit.
  • Five states now have more than 10% of their adult population withconcealed handgun permits.
  • In nine states, a permit is no longer required to carry in all or virtually all ofthe state. This is a major reason why legal carrying handguns is growing somuch faster than the number of permits.
  • Since 2007, permits for women has increased by 270% and for men by156%.
  • Some evidence suggests that permit holding by minorities is increasing morethan twice as fast as for whites.

My constant companion. Unless I go into a post office or court house.

Can't take my weapon away, it's attached to my body. Don't need a gun to kill, just a little education. So many vulnerable spots on the human body, if you know where they are, given how many street combat encounters are gradual escalations, if you decide to strike first, other guy has next to no chance to defend against a quick strike. He's still in your face thinking you might shove him, not about to end you.

More likely to need a weapon for someone in your face than some kind of ranged attacker. Guns are for lazy stupid people.

I went to a city council meeting and forgot to leave my firearm in the car. Oops.
So I was speaking to the council that night, standing at the podium like it was just another day. No big deal really.
Lucky for them, eh?

I went to a city council meeting and forgot to leave my firearm in the car. Oops.
So I was speaking to the council that night, standing at the podium like it was just another day. No big deal really.
Lucky for them, eh?

You mean the gun didn't jump out of your holster and injure 20 people?

Go figure.

Isn't it just awful! The way the Obama administration has taken away your guns? Just horrible.

No, actually it's funny that they couldn't. They wanted to but there was that deal with the mean ol' NRA lobby and stuff. I'd say "good luck next time" but it would only be a waste of words.

Can't take my weapon away, it's attached to my body. Don't need a gun to kill, just a little education. So many vulnerable spots on the human body, if you know where they are, given how many street combat encounters are gradual escalations, if you decide to strike first, other guy has next to no chance to defend against a quick strike. He's still in your face thinking you might shove him, not about to end you.

More likely to need a weapon for someone in your face than some kind of ranged attacker. Guns are for lazy stupid people.
Hell yeah! I can lay a serious hurting on someone myself, at least I could 40 years ago....
The guy Tuesday night had almost 100 pounds on me, was 30 years younger and seemed to be going for a weapon.
When he saw my 40 cal, he stopped in his tracks and neither of us got hurt.

How many times have you defended yourself against a knife in the hand of someone with a gross physical advantage and roid rage?

Hell yeah! I can lay a serious hurting on someone myself, at least I could 40 years ago....
The guy Tuesday night had almost 100 pounds on me, was 30 years younger and seemed to be going for a weapon.

How many times have you defended yourself against a knife in the hand of someone with a gross physical advantage and roid rage?

Most decent people don't hang around in such scummy places.

What about stun guns, tasers and pepper sprays? Not macho enough? John Wayne didn't carry them?
I didn't have a stun gun in my holster Tuesday night. If I did, that crazy sonofabitch would still be squirming around on my bar floor.
As it worked out, no one got hurt at all. My PT140 did its job.

Most decent people don't hang around in such scummy places.
My place is hardly scummy, but occasionally I get some scummy people through the doors. I put them out post haste.

What about stun guns, tasers and pepper sprays? Not macho enough? John Wayne didn't carry them?
I didn't have a stun gun in my holster Tuesday night. If I did, that crazy sonofabitch would still be squirming around on my bar floor.

You're a troublemaker. That's obvious from your avatar.

You're a troublemaker. That's obvious from your avatar.
I changed to this avi in response to your tears over a flag.

Naah. I'm no trouble maker. I'm more of a trouble ender.

And though you probably wouldn't last 10 minutes in my place, I have quite a few minority and native American patrons. Hell my partner is Menominee

Forum List

Back