Americans More Dependent Than Ever on Independence Day

where does the bible state "if a man does not want to work, neither let him eat"????
(hint----it doesn't)

Neither does it say "Take ye from thy neighbor's pocket and give it away freely among the indolent."

no it doesn't-----It clearly states that a hungry person has a RIGHT---to eat in a garden or sown field and to "glean"-----it was a RIGHT. Gleaners' rights were the "food stamps" of biblical times In fact it was a very progressive idea------amongst the greeks and romans -----a slave working in a field could not eat a peach off the trees upon which he worked.

From Leviticus:

9. And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest.

10. And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the Lord your God.

"Leave them."

I don't see a "right" in there anywhere, only an admonition for growers to leave some stuff laying around.

In other words, charity of conscience, not a government edict.

NEW YORK – Three years ago, when 44.7 million – or one in seven Americans – were on food stamps, former House Speaker New Gingrich dubbed Barack Obama the “Food Stamp President.”

Indeed, the cost of the U.S. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, has doubled under President Obama’s leadership, indicating poverty has continued to grow despite administration claims the U.S. economy is recovering from the depths of the 2007-2008 recession.

Americans more dependent than ever on Independence Day

The economy is not improving and the unemployment rate is not real. We know that. I'm sure that anyone who could learn a skill and work should have never simply been given free money because it actually costs society. As far as I know, even the Bible states if a man does not want to work, neither let him eat. What I find amazing is how many people place their trust in these men and institutions.
What's really amazing is the fact that after all the anti-America legislation and policies over the past half century, voters still run to the polls on election day and elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. Voters never learn. They just keep doing the same thing over and over, yet expect a different result. Go figure.
Democracy is controlled by opinion, opinion is controlled by information, information is controlled by media.

When Jefferson wrote about media after about 1800, it was scathing criticism of the educational value. There was, and is a conspiracy to prevent Americans from not only knowing how to vote, but also how to be independent.

See Norman Dodd and the exposure by the Reese' commission of the global elite financing the "dumbing down" starting in 1912.

If you really object to the dependent existence, you will support a lawful and peaceful revolution.

CDZ - A Lawful And Peaceful Revolution US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

BTW, there are a bunch of Jeffersons quotes in the beginning of the thread.

NEW YORK – Three years ago, when 44.7 million – or one in seven Americans – were on food stamps, former House Speaker New Gingrich dubbed Barack Obama the “Food Stamp President.”

Indeed, the cost of the U.S. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, has doubled under President Obama’s leadership, indicating poverty has continued to grow despite administration claims the U.S. economy is recovering from the depths of the 2007-2008 recession.

The economy is not improving and the unemployment rate is not real. We know that. I'm sure that anyone who could learn a skill and work should have never simply been given free money because it actually costs society. As far as I know, even the Bible states if a man does not want to work, neither let him eat. What I find amazing is how many people place their trust in these men and institutions.
What's really amazing is the fact that after all the anti-America legislation and policies over the past half century, voters still run to the polls on election day and elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. Voters never learn. They just keep doing the same thing over and over, yet expect a different result. Go figure.
Democracy is controlled by opinion, opinion is controlled by information, information is controlled by media.

When Jefferson wrote about media after about 1800, it was scathing criticism of the educational value. There was, and is a conspiracy to prevent Americans from not only knowing how to vote, but also how to be independent.

See Norman Dodd and the exposure by the Reese' commission of the global elite financing the "dumbing down" starting in 1912.

If you really object to the dependent existence, you will support a lawful and peaceful revolution.

CDZ - A Lawful And Peaceful Revolution US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Thank you - if for no other reason than to reroute this thread back to being something other than a Bible lesson.

where does the bible state "if a man does not want to work, neither let him eat"????
(hint----it doesn't)

Neither does it say "Take ye from thy neighbor's pocket and give it away freely among the indolent."

no it doesn't-----It clearly states that a hungry person has a RIGHT---to eat in a garden or sown field and to "glean"-----it was a RIGHT. Gleaners' rights were the "food stamps" of biblical times In fact it was a very progressive idea------amongst the greeks and romans -----a slave working in a field could not eat a peach off the trees upon which he worked.

From Leviticus:

9. And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest.

10. And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the Lord your God.

"Leave them."

I don't see a "right" in there anywhere, only an admonition for growers to leave some stuff laying around.

wrong again-----sorta-----the gleaner's rights were so entrenched that a person could complain to the
"authorities" if denied that right. The issue was a bit more mandated than-----"leave some stuff laying around"-------there was INTENSE social pressure for people of substance to comply----virtually a LEGAL MANDATE. No one could be
accused of theft for eating fruit in an orchard. No guards with shot guns. In those days and in that system-------it was as good as LAW

Thank you - if for no other reason than to reroute this thread back to being something other than a Bible lesson.

Sad they cannot address the problem. Seems almost intentional derailing of the thread. Obsessive.

The fact is that people do not know how to provide for themselves without corporations, and its serious. Its a serious devolution and dangerous for our species.

We can see it being intentionally imposed on us for a very long time. Much longer than people realize.

The OP is correct, Americans as a whole are more dependant than ever.

I, however, am not. I will be celebrating this country's Independance from Great Briton, and using my hard earned money as an upper middle class conservative to enjoy myself. Completely ignoring for at least a little while, the parasites and losers who depend on my taxes to maintain their worthless lives.

(hint----it doesn't)

From Leviticus:

"Leave them."

wrong again-----sorta-----the gleaner's rights were so entrenched that a person could complain to the
"authorities" if denied that right. The issue was a bit more mandated than-----"leave some stuff laying around"-------there was INTENSE social pressure for people of substance to comply----virtually a LEGAL MANDATE. No one could be
accused of theft for eating fruit in an orchard. No guards with shot guns. In those days and in that system-------it was as good as LAW

You need to post something to back up your contentions.

(hint----it doesn't)

From Leviticus:

"Leave them."

what "contentions" ??? I have lived in the modern version of the society I describe. The ethos remains very strong

From Leviticus:

"Leave them."

what "contentions"

You've got to be kidding.

Forum List

Back