America’s Founders Were Deeply Religious

I mean....look at the lying dunce who keeps denying that the reference at article seven, 'in the year of our Lord,' isn't a reference to Jesus Christ.

Uh ----------- that would be you. Read much?

It is indeed not a reference to "Jesus Christ", yet her you sit, denying that it is not.

Self-making pretzels. Yum. Thanks for fessing up that you're a liar.

I mean....look at the lying dunce who keeps denying that the reference at article seven, 'in the year of our Lord,' isn't a reference to Jesus Christ.

It is indeed not a reference to "Jesus Christ", yet her you sit, denying that it is not.

Let's check:

Here is the true quote.

done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,
The Constitution of the United States: A Transcription

If you obtained your version from wikipedia, it is proof that Liberals corrupted and lie about the Constitution.

The same is the case for government school.

Clearly, the Constitution references Jesus

Or....

in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven

...give your alternate explanation for whom the reference describes.

Liberals never have the class, honesty, or character to admit when they're proven wrong.
Thank goodness, I never have to.

Let's check:

Here is the true quote.

done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,

If you obtained your version from wikipedia, it is proof that Liberals corrupted and lie about the Constitution.

Or....

Liberals never have the class, honesty, or character to admit when they're proven wrong.

So, I'm seeing your spamming of the thread with multiple copies of the same cut and paste spam to placate your hurt feelings?

Your hurt feelings won't be resolved because your attempt at pressing a failed claim has come crashing to the ground in flames.

Let's check:

Here is the true quote.

Or....

that passage is NOT part of the constitution

and it does NOT say "jesus"

It merely states that the document was WRITTEN on that date.

And I am NOT surprised that a FASCIST like you would INSIST that the constitution mentions YOUR god and YOUR religion in your attempt to create a theocracy and deny non-christians equal rights AFTER you have started ANOTHER OP stating that we didn't need to worry about theocrats and dominionists because they are NOT trying to create a CHRISTIAN THEOCRACY.

yet here you are doing that very thing.

golly

I'm (yawn) shocked.

Let's check:

Here is the true quote.

Or....

And I am NOT surprised that a FASCIST like you would INSIST that the constitution mentions YOUR god and YOUR religion in your attempt to create a theocracy and deny non-christians equal rights AFTER you have started ANOTHER OP stating that we didn't need to worry about theocrats and dominionists because they are NOT trying to create a CHRISTIAN THEOCRACY.

golly

I'm (yawn) shocked.

The USA has never been nor will it ever be a Theocracy, nor deny rights to non Christians.
Our amendment rights belong to all Americans no matter what their certain ideologies are.

The vast majority of Europeans used in the year of our lord meaning God as legal endings.
In the 1700's most of Europe was Christian.
That does not mean it's a theocracy.
It's a legal recognition of the creator. One God.

Let's check:

Here is the true quote.

Or....

golly

I'm (yawn) shocked.

As the link proves....it is certainly part of the Constitution.

Of course it refers to Jesus.

Denying same makes you an obvious lying clown.

In 1915 there was actually one state supreme court which said that the reference to "in the year of our Lord" in the U.S. Constitution was a reference to Jesus Christ!

Herold v Parish Board of School Directors, 136 L.R. 1034 at 1044 (1915).
Where is God in the Constitution?

It's a reference to one creator which everyone back then believed.

Let's check:

Here is the true quote.

Or....

golly

I'm (yawn) shocked.

The USA has never been nor will it ever be a Theocracy, nor deny rights to non Christians.
Our amendment rights belong to all Americans no matter what their certain ideologies are.

The vast majority of Europeans used in the year of our lord meaning God as legal endings.

A salutation common for the time and the parlance commonly used as a closing salutation is certainly not a legal recognition. The framers of the Constitution explicitly excluded any mention of "the creator", meaning the Christian gods in the body of the Constitution.

It's a reference to one creator which everyone back then believed.

Absolutely untrue. It is clear from their writings that many of the framers of the Constitution were Deists while others were non-believers.

Let's check:

Here is the true quote.

Or....

golly

I'm (yawn) shocked.

As the link proves....it is certainly part of the Constitution.

Of course it refers to Jesus.

Denying same makes you an obvious lying clown.

In 1915 there was actually one state supreme court which said that the reference to "in the year of our Lord" in the U.S. Constitution was a reference to Jesus Christ!

Herold v Parish Board of School Directors, 136 L.R. 1034 at 1044 (1915).
Where is God in the Constitution?

After much spamming of the thread with the same cutting and pasting, you have yet to identify where the term "Jesus" or "god" appears in the Constitution.

Let's check:

Here is the true quote.

Or....

golly

I'm (yawn) shocked.

A salutation common for the time and the parlance commonly used as a closing salutation is certainly not a legal recognition. The framers of the Constitution explicitly excluded any mention of "the creator", meaning the Christian gods in the body of the Constitution.

Everyone believed in one creator.
Our constitution was written by that ideology.
The Constitution and our laws are based on that whole belief system one creator of the universe.
Even the native Americans believed in one creator.
It does not mean we are a theocracy, we have never nor will be one either.

That refers to the Judeo-Christian faith. Compare this fact with the elites of the major political party today, and the schools they oversee, teaching quite the reverse.

The reason our revolution was so different from the violent, homicidal chaos of the French version was the dominant American culture was Anglo-Saxon and Christian. “52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2010/02/new_column_libe_4.html Believers in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, or, as they would be known today, “an extremist Fundamentalist hate group.”

Last week Att’y Gen William Barr gave a speech about the importance of having a religious America. And, of course, he was attacked for it.

1.“United States Attorney General William Barr spoke at Notre Dame Law School [enemies of religion] raced to warn us of our impending doom. Also as per usual, in their screeds were seeds of the very things Barr described.

…RefuseFascism.org, which proclaimed in a headline, “At Notre Dame, William Barr Lays Out a Christian Fascist Nightmare.”

…writer Joan Walsh described Barr as "a paranoid right-wing Catholic ideologue who won't respect the separation of church and state." She mocked the Catholic men's service group Knights of Columbus (of which Barr has been a member) as "a patriarchal cosplay group." Walsh's distaste for Catholicism is matched only by her evident loathing of evangelicals. She writes: "(I)t's worth noting that Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney were all also raised Catholic -- but Pence and Pompeo went one better than Barr and joined the official GOP denomination, White Evangelical Protestantism ... I couldn't wish these guys better company to spend time with in hell.

“From the Founding Era onward, there was strong consensus about the centrality of religious liberty in the United States.

The imperative of protecting religious freedom was not just a nod in the direction of piety. It reflects the Framers’ belief that religion was indispensable to sustaining our free system of government.

In his renowned 1785 pamphlet, “Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments,” James Madison described religious liberty as “a right towards men” but “a duty towards the Creator,” and a “duty….precedent both in order of time and degree of obligation, to the claims of Civil Society.

How does religion promote the moral discipline and virtue needed to support free government?

First, it gives us the right rules to live by. The Founding generation were Christians. They believed that the Judeo-Christian moral system corresponds to the true nature of man. Those moral precepts start with the two great commandments – to Love God with your whole heart, soul, and mind; and to Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself.”
America’s great experiment with freedom needs religion
A Moral Citizenry Is Not a Theocracy

Faith is inseparable from liberty and freedom.

Rabid anti-religion bigots attacked Barr....hoping that all of America renounce the views of our Founders, that which made our nation the shining city on the hill.

If you agree with Barr about the relationship between religion and liberty, you cannot, of course, vote Democrat.

It's baffling that now our basic history, is considered fascist. That basic morals, that are universally good, are considered evil.

The line concluding article seven.
Quote it please, with a link.

Here is the true quote.

Or....

No mention of Jesus.

Focus like a laser and provide the exact citation where Jesus is spelled out.

You’re a Harun Yahya academy graduate, right?

Skewered you with that one.
She's the most brain dead parakeet on this site. Copy paste copy paste / partisan blinders partisan blinders is all she knows. Objective knowledge, to her, is like playing Pokemon Go
I find a sad lack of understanding of common American idioms and some of the secondary meanings of simple American words.....and when one cuts and pastes, one doesn't really have to know the language like a native, does one?

Let's check:

Here is the true quote.

Or....

golly

I'm (yawn) shocked.

The Constitution and our laws are based on that whole belief system one creator of the universe.
"Everyone believed in one creator" is simply and inarguably not true.

What do you think "Deist" means?

Thomas Paine:
I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any Church that I know of. My own mind is my own Church. [ The Age of Reason]

Tell us again, who is this "everyone" you're forcing your gods on?

Here is the true quote.

Or....

‘Year of our lord’ was the standard way dating of a document. No one in the 1700s or the 2000s argues that we shouldn’t use the Gregorian calendar, or that it’s ‘fake news’.

Sorry for your latest fail, wingnut.

Answer the question, dope.

It references a calendar that is based on Christianity. It was the only calendar we were using at the time. It’s a very nice calendar. The custom of the day in documents was to use the official ‘the year of our lord’.

Using your faulty thinking, if a Jew today tells you the date, they’re really espousing Christianity.

Stomping your feet won’t change the facts, dear.

Funny how you numbskulls pretend.....

In simply post the truth and force you Leftists to lie, pretend, ignore the facts, and refuse to admit the truth even when it is documented.....e.g., the line from the Constitution itself.

Now....those who do not accept Christianity have many ways to not the date without 'in the year of our Lord.'

"If the Framers were interested in being pluralistic, multi-cultural, and politically correct, they would have refrained from using the B.C./A.D. designation. Or they would have used the religionless designations “C.E.,” Common Era, and “B.C.E.,” Before the Common Era (see “Common Era,” 2008). In so doing, they would have avoided offending Jews, atheists, agnostics, and humanists. Or they could have used “A.H.” (anno hegirae—which means “in the year of the Hijrah” and refers to Muhammad’s flight from Mecca in A.D. 622), the date used by Muslims as the commencement date for the Islamic calendar.

Instead, the Framers chose to utilize the dating method that indicated the worldview they shared. What’s more, their reference to “our Lord” does not refer to a generic deity, nor does it refer even to God the Father. It refers to God the Son—an explicit reference to Jesus Christ. Make no mistake: the Constitution of the United States contains an explicit reference to Jesus Christ—not Allah, Buddha, Muhammad, nor the gods of Hindus or Native Americans!

Let’s get this straight: The Declaration of Independence contains four allusions to the God of the Bible. The U.S. Constitution contains allusions to the freedom to practice the Christian religion unimpeded, the significance and priority of Sunday worship, as well as the place of Jesus Christ in history.

So, according to the thinking of the ACLU and a host of liberal educators, politicians, and judges, the Constitution is—unconstitutional! Go figure."
Christianity is in the Constitution

No one forced the Founders to sign their names after in the year of our Lord.

Hurts????

Excellent.

Political chick whined:

“Make no mistake: the Constitution of the United States contains an explicit reference to Jesus Christ...”

Odd how no such explicit reference is to be found.

Such are the failings of religious extremists.
Words have meanings.....either she was lying from the git go, knowing she lied, or else she doesn't really understand the American English terminology.

Let's check:

Here is the true quote.

Or....

No direct reference to Jesus there. Sorry, Comrade. Words have meaning.

Let's check:

Here is the true quote.

Or....

golly

I'm (yawn) shocked.

Not true.....even the OT doesn't refer to just one creator.

That refers to the Judeo-Christian faith. Compare this fact with the elites of the major political party today, and the schools they oversee, teaching quite the reverse.

The reason our revolution was so different from the violent, homicidal chaos of the French version was the dominant American culture was Anglo-Saxon and Christian. “52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2010/02/new_column_libe_4.html Believers in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, or, as they would be known today, “an extremist Fundamentalist hate group.”

Last week Att’y Gen William Barr gave a speech about the importance of having a religious America. And, of course, he was attacked for it.

1.“United States Attorney General William Barr spoke at Notre Dame Law School [enemies of religion] raced to warn us of our impending doom. Also as per usual, in their screeds were seeds of the very things Barr described.

…RefuseFascism.org, which proclaimed in a headline, “At Notre Dame, William Barr Lays Out a Christian Fascist Nightmare.”

…writer Joan Walsh described Barr as "a paranoid right-wing Catholic ideologue who won't respect the separation of church and state." She mocked the Catholic men's service group Knights of Columbus (of which Barr has been a member) as "a patriarchal cosplay group." Walsh's distaste for Catholicism is matched only by her evident loathing of evangelicals. She writes: "(I)t's worth noting that Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney were all also raised Catholic -- but Pence and Pompeo went one better than Barr and joined the official GOP denomination, White Evangelical Protestantism ... I couldn't wish these guys better company to spend time with in hell.

“From the Founding Era onward, there was strong consensus about the centrality of religious liberty in the United States.

The imperative of protecting religious freedom was not just a nod in the direction of piety. It reflects the Framers’ belief that religion was indispensable to sustaining our free system of government.

In his renowned 1785 pamphlet, “Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments,” James Madison described religious liberty as “a right towards men” but “a duty towards the Creator,” and a “duty….precedent both in order of time and degree of obligation, to the claims of Civil Society.

How does religion promote the moral discipline and virtue needed to support free government?

First, it gives us the right rules to live by. The Founding generation were Christians. They believed that the Judeo-Christian moral system corresponds to the true nature of man. Those moral precepts start with the two great commandments – to Love God with your whole heart, soul, and mind; and to Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself.”
America’s great experiment with freedom needs religion
A Moral Citizenry Is Not a Theocracy

Faith is inseparable from liberty and freedom.
in
Rabid anti-religion bigots attacked Barr....hoping that all of America renounce the views of our Founders, that which made our nation the shining city on the hill.

If you agree with Barr about the relationship between religion and liberty, you cannot, of course, vote Democrat.

It's baffling that now our basic history, is considered fascist. That basic morals, that are universally good, are considered evil.

Chalk it up to the 32nd President, FDR, who felt the need to align America with the most atheistic totalitarian regime in history, that of Joseph Stalin.

Communism is the very antithesis of what America is, but Roosevelt and the Democrats have made it impossible to erase it from the landscape.

Let's check:

Here is the true quote.

Or....

No direct reference to Jesus there. Sorry, Comrade. Words have meaning.

Answer the question, dope.

Is any possible explanation for the above that doesn't specify....SPECIFY... Jesus Christ?

Here comes the chorus of 'is not, isssssssss nooooottttttttttt!!!"

Let's check:

Here is the true quote.

Or....

golly

I'm (yawn) shocked.

Not true.....even the OT doesn't refer to just one creator.

Are you nuts????

Even liars like you should have some limits.

Forum List

Back