America's most hated woman prior to Pelosi.

LBJ did not have that authority, so people should have insisted he be arrested.

No, you are totally and completely wrong.
Ho Chi Minh was wildly popular.
How else could he have survived against the Japanese, and how could he have beaten the French?
Ho Chi Minh did not start the war, the US did, by backing the military coup by Diem that prevented the promised 1955 elections.
Stopping the 1955 election was totally and completely illegal, and made the US criminals.

And EVERYONE I know who went to Vietnam, like my brother, said that the US always committed illegal massacres, illegal torture, illegal destruction of civilians homes, etc.
Ho Chi Ming started the war. He siezed power in North vietnam and then attacked south vietnam which was a seperate nation.

Popularity is not a license to rule. We stopped no election they were not our responsibilty one way or the other.

Minh held no elections either making the issue of elections irrelevant.

you know no one who went to vietnam and such iullegal massacres and tortures are lies/

View attachment 449531
Actress Jane Fonda, who earned the nickname “Hanoi Jane” when she visited North Vietnam during the height of the Vietnam War and posed for photographs alongside weapons, will be receiving the Cecil B. Demille Award at the Golden Globes this year. She will be receiving this award amid Democrats decrying treason and sedition against the United States.

View attachment 449533
And here I was thinking libs were no longer fond of traitors.
Hanoi Jane has longevity

When Congress ratifies a foreign treaty, like the UN Charter, it DOES become US law as well.
So Congress most certainly DID pass legislation making aggressive war illegal.

North Vietnam was NOT the aggressor.
It was their country, and there was supposed to be elections in 1955.
The US violated the international peace accord by helping Diem prevent these legally required elections.
No0 it is not lasw least of all legislation as you claim.

North vietnam was the aggressor south vietnamw as NOT their nation.

You arer a liar and we violated no law Minh did.

Hanoi Jane was misinformed. She thought American G.I's would abandon their posts and end the conflict when they found out that pampered Hollywood stars supported the V.C. It's interesting that Canadian born Donald Southerland would escape media scrutiny when he was on the same tour.

I don't know, but I would assume that what Fonda intended was to change US popular opinion about Vietnam so that the election in the US would be effected. You know, like Eugene McCarthy, George McGovern, etc.

No0 it is not lasw least of all legislation as you claim.

North vietnam was the aggressor south vietnamw as NOT their nation.

You arer a liar and we violated no law Minh did.

Ho Chi Minh beat the French.
So then Ho Chi Minh would then normally be the leader of all of Vietnam.
No one else should have had any say, and the country should never have been artificially divided.
The leader of the South after the division, was Bau Dai, not Diem, so the US could only legally be there is Bau Dai requested us.
But Bau Dai never requested us or even remotely gave us permission.
So then it was illegal for the US to be there.

Ho Chi Minh beat the French.
So then Ho Chi Minh would then normally be the leader of all of Vietnam.
No one else should have had any say, and the country should never have been artificially divided.
The leader of the South after the division, was Bau Dai, not Diem, so the US could only legally be there is Bau Dai requested us.
But Bau Dai never requested us or even remotely gave us permission.
So then it was illegal for the US to be there.
It was not artificially divided it had been two seperate nations for centuries.

Leading the ear effort does not make him national ruler.

Ity was not illegal for us to be there

It was not artificially divided it had been two seperate nations for centuries.

Leading the ear effort does not make him national ruler.

Ity was not illegal for us to be there

Wrong.
Vietnam had been one single country for hundreds of years.
Just defeating the French did not make Ho Chi Minh leader, but the elections of 1945 did make him officially Premier of all of Vietnam.
And yes it was illegal for the US to be there.
The international peace accord had required 1955 plebiscite between Bau Dai and Ho Chi Minh.
Diem had no legal authority to prevent elections or give US authorization to get involved.
The US using force in Vietnam was also illegal under US law, since we had ratified the UN Charter.

Wrong.
Vietnam had been one single country for hundreds of years.
Just defeating the French did not make Ho Chi Minh leader, but the elections of 1945 did make him officially Premier of all of Vietnam.
And yes it was illegal for the US to be there.
The international peace accord had required 1955 plebiscite between Bau Dai and Ho Chi Minh.
Diem had no legal authority to prevent elections or give US authorization to get involved.
The US using force in Vietnam was also illegal under US law, since we had ratified the UN Charter.
You are wrong and ignorant of their history they were seperate kingdoms for centuries.

He was never elected.

It was a legal war

Diem was president and had such authority.

The US has no forbidding us from being and the UN charter does not override the constitution.

The problem here is that one person's enemy might not be someone else's enemy.

A lot of people felt the Vietnam should not be the US's enemy.

The Vietnamese were only killing US soldiers who were literally invading their country. They weren't killing US people in the US.

And if you think an American going to Vietnam and having their photo taken with "the enemy" is treason, then surely Americans at home killing US military personnel, killing 140,000 US military personnel, is also treason.
The NVA and VC killed a lot more of their people than Americans did. Terrorism and war crimes were standard operating procedure for both the NVA and VC. During Tet the VC were rounding up and executing thousands of South Vietnamese civilians.

You are wrong and ignorant of their history they were seperate kingdoms for centuries.

He was never elected.

It was a legal war

Diem was president and had such authority.

The US has no forbidding us from being and the UN charter does not override the constitution.

Wrong.
If it were 2 different kingdoms, then how could the French claim both and be defeated from both at the same time?

And yes, Ho Chi Minh was elected premier in 1945. It is recorded history.

All war has been illegal since 1945 except in immediate defense, or if authorized by the UN.

Diem was never legal, and took over by military coup.
He never allowed fair elections.

The US constitution gave Congress the authority to ratify the UN Charter is they wanted.
And when Congress DID ratify the UN charter, it BECAME US law.
Treaties always become US law when ratified.

The NVA and VC killed a lot more of their people than Americans did. Terrorism and war crimes were standard operating procedure for both the NVA and VC. During Tet the VC were rounding up and executing thousands of South Vietnamese civilians.

Wrong.
In the Tet offensive, the VC never were successful and we killed almost all of them.
There were hardly any VC left after the Tet Offensive.

Obviously it was the US that did most of the murdering of civilians.
Thousands of villages were massacred or made to disappear.

I don't know, but I would assume that what Fonda intended was to change US popular opinion about Vietnam so that the election in the US would be effected. You know, like Eugene McCarthy, George McGovern, etc.
It was part of a left wing conspiracy intended at the time to overthrow the government. Fonda and Kerry teamed up to finance and support and enable something that they characterized as "the winter soldiers project" which would unite Black anger with the white anti-war movement into a violent political front. The problem was that the "Veterans" they thought they would attract were wannabe veterans and homeless bums and the Black radicals didn't trust lilly white Kerry and Fonda. The movement failed and the media did everything they could to insulate Fonda and Kerry from criticism (and charges of treason?.

da and Kerry thought that they could recruit genuine Veterans and all they got was drunks and degenerates and the Black anger didn't trust pretty Hollywood starlets. The "Winter Soldiers project" failed and the media did their best to insulate Fonda and Kerry from the fallout.

It was part of a left wing conspiracy intended at the time to overthrow the government. Fonda and Kerry teamed up to finance and support and enable something that they characterized as "the winter soldiers project" which would unite Black anger with the white anti-war movement into a violent political front. The problem was that the "Veterans" they thought they would attract were wannabe veterans and homeless bums and the Black radicals didn't trust lilly white Kerry and Fonda. The movement failed and the media did everything they could to insulate Fonda and Kerry from criticism (and charges of treason?.

da and Kerry thought that they could recruit genuine Veterans and all they got was drunks and degenerates and the Black anger didn't trust pretty Hollywood starlets. The "Winter Soldiers project" failed and the media did their best to insulate Fonda and Kerry from the fallout.

I knew hundreds of VVAW, (Vietnam Veterans Against the War), and saw thousands more at demonstrations, and they were not drunks or degenerates.
It was treason for the US to go into Vietnam and get US draftees killed.
And since John Kerry is still doing well in US politics, it seems to me they did fine.

One little story that I've posted before in another thread.

Jane Fonda was taken to the Hanoi Hilton to meet American prisoners. Few of them would shake her hand. A few that did passed notes to her. When she finished trooping the line, walked up to a NVA officer, handed him the notes and asked, "What am I supposed to do with these." That night one American was tortured and beaten into permanent disability. Another American was beaten to death.

Now, do you wonder why Vietnam veterans hate Jane Fonda and her feeble apology?

I knew hundreds of VVAW, (Vietnam Veterans Against the War), and saw thousands more at demonstrations, and they were not drunks or degenerates.
It was treason for the US to go into Vietnam and get US draftees killed.
And since John Kerry is still doing well in US politics, it seems to me they did fine.

How did you manage to sit out the war?

One little story that I've posted before in another thread.

Jane Fonda was taken to the Hanoi Hilton to meet American prisoners. Few of them would shake her hand. A few that did passed notes to her. When she finished trooping the line, walked up to a NVA officer, handed him the notes and asked, "What am I supposed to do with these." That night one American was tortured and beaten into permanent disability. Another American was beaten to death.

Now, do you wonder why Vietnam veterans hate Jane Fonda and her feeble apology?

{...
An untrue email story, which has since exploded on social media, claims that during Hanoi Jane Fonda's 1972 visit to North Vietnam, several POWs secretly handed notes to her, including their Social Security Numbers, which she immediately handed over to their captors, resulting in torture and death for some POWs.

The men whose names are used in the story as the sources of this information categorically deny it, and insist that their names and identities were misappropriated by unknown persons and attached to this piece of hateful fantasy in an attempt to give it some credibility.
...}

Forum List

Back