🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

An analogy about R-Wers' "precious" lethal weapons....

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
If I give to my nephew a LEGALLY bought AR-15....and he uses it to commit mass murder......Do I have ANY responsibility (legal or ethical) for having given him that weapon?....
(I mean, I did not know he was going to go ballistic...

If you say "yes" you have some responsibility, then I would pose that ANY right winger who advocates for the continuing indiscriminate sale of a weapon, such as the AR-15 should be just as culpable....either legally or ethically.

If I give to my nephew a LEGALLY bought AR-15....and he uses it to commit mass murder......Do I have ANY responsibility (legal or ethical) for having given him that weapon?....

If you say "yes" you have some responsibility, then I would pose that ANY right winger who advocates for the continuing indiscriminate sale of a weapon, such as the AR-15 should be just as culpable....either legally or ethically.

How old is your nephew?

Nope. You can also buy guns for a ton of criminals if you want as long as you deny in court you had any idea they were criminals.

a couple of things one the age of the nephew in some states you have to be a specific age to purchase a gun so in that case you could be. If he is old enough to purchase one I would say no unless you knew he had a criminal record a history of violence or mental illness or something else in his background that would have prevented him from purchasing the gun.

• Banned
No one is really addressing the hypothetical question.....But for argument sake, of course the "nephew" is of age (let's say 22 years old) and had NO criminal record.......

No one is really addressing the hypothetical question.....But for argument sake, of course the "nephew" is of age (let's say 22 years old) and had NO criminal record.......

Give him the money to purchase it, let him go thru the background check.

If you do it, you could be seen as a straw purchaser when he goes off the wall.

If it's one you've owned for a while, make sure you have the original purchase receipt, and write down the date you gave it to him.

I did address it unless you knew of something in his history that would have prevented him from getting the gun on his own the answer is no you have no responsibility.

Nope. You can also buy guns for a ton of criminals if you want as long as you deny in court you had any idea they were criminals.

Completely untrue which you would know if you had half a brain.

No.

Your nephew is responsible for his own actions. The gun was the weapon of choice but your nephew did the killing.

He could have used a bomb like so many other terrorists have used and if you had bought one of the components of the bomb do you believe you are responsible for your nephew actions?

If I give a car to that same nephew and he uses it to run over 30 people at a farmers market am I responsible? Is the car maker responsible for making the car that was used to commit the crime? How about legal professionals who secure the release of criminals who then go on to commit more horrible crimes. Can we go after them too like the sheriff of San Fran who allowed a 5 times caught illegal alien to waltz free only to gun down a woman walking with her father?

Can we toss that arrogant POS in prison for murder?

Can we please stop with the hypothetical questions.....
Chris Mathews posed one of these to Trump about what if abortions were illegal and the women who have them are criminals should they be punished....

Next thing you know Hillary is saying that Trump wants to prosecute women who have abortions.....
And not one person at the time she said it or the cable channel running that video said anything....

So please enough already with the what if this and what if that....

If you wanted to make a private sale of one of your guns, are you required to run a background check on the buyer? Everywhere in the country?

I think people like you who constantly seek to restrict other people's freedoms should be held culpable, either legally or ethically.

If you wanted to make a private sale of one of your guns, are you required to run a background check on the buyer? Everywhere in the country?

Did Omar Mateen have a background check run on him when he bought the gun he used?
I'm proving my earlier point. You are introducing a new one.

Though I'll gladly argue that people on the FBI's terror watch list should fail background tests.

In more than a few States yes, you are required to do a background check. However even in the States where they are not required YOU claimed you can sell a ton of guns to people you don't know and claim the fact they are criminals is unknown to you. That is a lie. That would fall under the Straw Man purchase laws, which are Federal felonies. Each gun you buy for someone else is a FELONY.

So yes, you are lying as you usually do.

Though I'll gladly argue that people on the FBI's terror watch list should fail background tests.

A. I would argue they shouldn't

B. If they know they're going to fail a background check you really think they are going to bother securing a weapon through legal means?

In more than a few States yes, you are required to do a background check. However even in the States where they are not required YOU claimed you can sell a ton of guns to people you don't know and claim the fact they are criminals is unknown to you. That is a lie. That would fall under the Straw Man purchase laws, which are Federal felonies. Each gun you buy for someone else is a FELONY.

So yes, you are lying as you usually do.
If you sold a gun or multiple guns to a felon, and lived in a state that didn't require you to run a background check, you would not be at fault for anything.

A. I would argue they shouldn't

B. If they know they're going to fail a background check you really think they are going to bother securing a weapon through legal means?
No they might go buy a gun from someone like westwall. It makes it harder for them though.

Of course I've said many times that the best argument against gun control in the U.S. is that there are 400 million+ guns in the country, so only the stupidest, most completely inept of criminals wouldn't be able to get their hands on one. And people may as well have guns to defend themselves because of that.

If you sold a gun or multiple guns to a felon, and lived in a state that didn't require you to run a background check, you would not be at fault for anything.

Pretty sad state of affairs......

Remember Terry Nichols??? The accomplice of Tim McVeigh? He got a LIFE sentence without ever admitting that he was at the bomb site.

Forum List

Back