An Angry Person - how do you react?

What Do You Think/Feel When Someone Is Angry?

• Afraid (get away/leave)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It's Funny (Humor)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disgust

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Embarassment

• Interest (stick around to see what happens)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Involvement (a need to participate)

• Other

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
I don't like being yelled at or reprimanded... I get very flustered and depressed. I can hardly stand criticism.
If it's something I know I'm good at or very confident in, it doesn't phase me.

I have cried over not cooking a good dish before (many times) because I'm very insecure about my cooking.

What are you cooking? Do you have a favorite method? (bake/pan fry etc.)
Just trying to understand what you are struggling with, and why the results are not successful.

My mom wasn't a good cook, so, I never grew up learning to cook, plus, never had an interest.
You know how when the family gets together the women are in the kitchen cooking cleaning etc. and the men are in the den or living room watching TV and drinking beer etc. Guess where I was? (I'm no dummy)

Chicken breasts are hard to make correctly. I don't grill, normally, I bake. I have to be careful about temp and timing because if underdone, trouble, if over done, chewy..... I also don't want to have to do a lot of prep like marinating and such.

I need good quick recipes that I can prep and cook in about 1 hour if possible.
Crock pot cooking is OK too.

I don't like being yelled at or reprimanded... I get very flustered and depressed. I can hardly stand criticism.

I have cried over not cooking a good dish before (many times) because I'm very insecure about my cooking.

Just trying to understand what you are struggling with, and why the results are not successful.

My mom wasn't a good cook, so, I never grew up learning to cook, plus, never had an interest.
You know how when the family gets together the women are in the kitchen cooking cleaning etc. and the men are in the den or living room watching TV and drinking beer etc. Guess where I was? (I'm no dummy)

Chicken breasts are hard to make correctly. I don't grill, normally, I bake. I have to be careful about temp and timing because if underdone, trouble, if over done, chewy..... I also don't want to have to do a lot of prep like marinating and such.

Chicken breast. BONE IN...way better.
Try this ok?....
If frozen, thaw partially - say half way, if thawed already - great that is better.
Take a large mixing bowl and pour luke warm water in it, now take a good 2-3 tablespoons of salt...sea salt if you have it...but table salt is ok. Stir it around so salt mostly dissipates into the water. Place the chicken breast in the water...leave it for a couple hours or even overnight in the fridge if you want.
Preheat the oven to 435 degrees. That's right. 435...425 if you have a convection oven. If you don't know if your oven is convection it probably isn't.
Take the chicken out of the water...pat dry with some paper towels.
Take some olive oil and drizzle liberally over the chicken and use your hands to completely coat each breast.
Sprinkle each breast with a dash of salt and pepper, some garlic powder, liberal amount of paprika and italian seasoning if you have it or oregano.
Put in the oven for 12 minutes. WITHOUT OPENING OVEN DOOR...lower the heat to 350 and cook for another 30 minutes.
It will be perfect. Super juicy because you brined it in water and nice and browned on the outside from the 12 minutes at high heat.
I hope you try it...you will not be disappointed.

Try this ok?....
If frozen, thaw partially - say half way, if thawed already - great that is better.
Take a large mixing bowl and pour luke warm water in it, now take a good 2-3 tablespoons of salt...sea salt if you have it...but table salt is ok. Stir it around so salt mostly dissipates into the water. Place the chicken breast in the water...leave it for a couple hours or even overnight in the fridge if you want.
Preheat the oven to 435 degrees. That's right. 435...425 if you have a convection oven. If you don't know if your oven is convection it probably isn't.
Take some olive oil and drizzle liberally over the chicken and use your hands to completely coat each breast.
Sprinkle each breast with a dash of salt and pepper, some garlic powder, liberal amount of paprika and italian seasoning if you have it or oregano.
Put in the oven for 12 minutes. WITHOUT OPENING OVEN DOOR...lower the heat to 350 and cook for another 30 minutes.
It will be perfect. Super juicy because you brined it in water and nice and browned on the outside from the 12 minutes at high heat.

I do not have a convection oven, so, how would I do it differently?

I suppose yelling "I wouldn't feed this shit to a starving dog" won't help?

it doesn't have to even be that bad. Just "this meat is tough" is enough to get me crying :(

Try this ok?....

I do not have a convection oven, so, how would I do it differently?

Exactly like I said then...435 for 12 minutes, 350 for 30...35 tops. A convection oven cooks faster at lower temps.
If you have a good thermometer...check the temp when finished. But it should be fine.
Brining also makes it more forgivable if overcooked a little.

it doesn't have to even be that bad. Just "this meat is tough" is enough to get me crying :(
Jebus. I guess he's learned to wash it down and deal with it.

I'm cooking chili tonight... should be simple enough.... :eek-52:

Open can. Remove contents into said can. Heat on medium until hot (lips will burn when tasting). Remove contents onto plate. Enjoy!

You're welcome.

Chili...the second thing I perfected...

Chili...the second thing I perfected...

well post the recipe - I hope it doesn't involve 3 or more dumps and 40 ingredients.....

The ingredients are in my head...so let's see.
I make it for four people, so it makes about 6 bowls full.

An onion diced
A green pepper diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 sm can tomato paste
1 can kidney beans
About a half container of chicken broth, those cartons you buy at the store.
1.5 lb. Chicken tenders or breast sliced about 1/4" thick by one inch. (Yes Chicken, not beef...chicken is better in chili than beef...just try it Bonzi :) )
1 TB Cumin
2-3 TB Chili Powder to taste (add the last TB in the last couple minutes of cooking)
1 TB minced garlic, or about 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder

In a large cooking pot..put on high heat for about a minute or so, then put in about a TB of olive oil, turn down flame to med-high and allow the oil to get hot. About another minute.
Add the onion...and cook till translucent. Put in a dash of salt and pepper and add the garlic and chicken, stir often until browned. About 5 minutes maybe.
Add the rest of the ingredients, EXCEPT 1 TB of chili powder.
Cook for about 30 minutes with the lid on for about half the time. Stir fairly often.
When it is done...add the 1 TB of Chili powder and cook for about one more minute.
Serve.
And yes, like regular chili it is better if it is cooked one day, allowed to cool and refrigerated overnight. But I eat it often the day I cook it to.

You seem to be having trouble cooking meat.

I reccomend this book for you. It helped me a lot.

The Great Meat Cookbook

Forum List

Back