An apology and a challenge

[ame=http://youtu.be/GRz4FY0ZcwI]Five for Fighting - Superman (It's Not Easy) - YouTube[/ame]

Regards from Rosie

Just to be clear, this applies to posters here in the USMB. I can call Obama a lying fuckhead douchebag all I want to. That isn't something my wife hasn't heard before.

Obama is one most honest, caring ,intelligent Presidents we have had and will go down in history as one of the best.

You're just trying to make him break his word with such blatant horsepucky :lol:

Ok, I was posting at home which I almost never do, and I went afk with USMB open in the desktop. My wife went to use my computer and stopped to read what I was posting. Now, I told her about this site so it's no secret and I'm not mad, but she was ahem....shocked when she read some of my posts. She knows nothing about politics and isn't interested at all. She never ever has been to this site.

She asked me why my language was so abusive to people on here. It's a legitimate question as I don't normally act that way and she was surprised. "That isn't debate", she says, how will anyone ever be convinced that you are right or will they participate in a discussion when you act like that? I did show her how others are also acting that way but as I was doing so I knew it was wrong.

I did spend time explaining how frustration it is debating with democrats who lie, obstruct, derail, and otherwise don't really debate, but her implication that I'm better than that was apparent. I did t even bother going into how useless it is to try to change a progressive's mind.

My wife is a fabulously beautiful woman inside and out and in the rare times she gives me the stink eye, I always relent. So....

To all those left and right, the democrats whom I've called various names and the conservatives that were exposed to my rants whether they agreed with me or not, I apologize for my behavior.

Now the challenge:

As of the date and time on this post, I promise to treat people with more respect. If anyone here catches me abusing someone on this board personally, I will give rep to all who call me on it. I'm not going to make some stupid bet to promise to leave the board or anything like that, but I promise to give rep to all posters who point it out.

We'll see how this goes.

I'm bookmarking this for future reference......:D

Please do. It won't work if people aren't trying to catch me.

I had always chalked it up to your taking prednisone, which at my house we call "bitch in a bottle".

My favorite aunt has now started taking it and I more or less have disowned her due to her mouth.

If you aren't on pred, then of course you can control yourself.

I will try not skipping over your posts and see how it goes.

Nothing you can post will change my mind at all, but the issues can get a complete airing.

We'll see.

Regards from Rosie

You bring up something that never before came to my mind. "PredFan" does not mean I like the steroid Prednisone, I mean, I've taken it for sciatica and I did like that it made me feel like a teenager again, but my name comes from back when I was a fan of the Orlando Predators of the Arena Football League.

Now I will not personally abuse anyone any more but people may be insulted by what I say sometimes, kind if like now when I tell you that I don't care one bit whether you read my posts or not. I know I'm on a lot of people's ignore lists but I don't come here to have my opinions validated by strangers. I come here to network with conservatives and to educate people. You choose not to read my posts it's your loss.

Well, I wish more people would be willing to engage in political debate without the vitriol so I'm glad to see you are willing to give it a try. That is admirable. Even if minds aren't changed, the discussion can be worthwhile but if it devolves into name calling and personal attacks, there is no point to it. It can still be possible to vent without attacking the poster and that goes for all sides. Good for you for being willing to try.

Wait! Honey? Is that you? When did you join this forum?

;)

And pred, Let me tell you a little story:

I got into this rut of apologizing for my name calling in previous boards. People got tired of hearing it, "Oh there he goes apologizing again" they would say. Eventually I was banned because of it for a month. So from then on I decided not to engage in name calling and begin my quest in educating myself in genuine debate tactics. I've enjoyed the experience so far, and the knowledge that comes with it.

However, from time to time I'll slip, but name calling does take away from a sincere point, and people will have a hard time taking you or your points seriously for such. If you feel passionately about something, make a cogent point! Don't engage your opponents with the same weapons they use against you. The only casualty is your credibility.

So, I hope for your sake this is the first and last time you have to apologize. People will eventually lose faith in an apology if it is continually repeated and isn't backed up with action. Just a few words of wisdom, Pred. You're a cool person, and I commend you for stepping up and admitting your mistake. Your wife's a keeper, and a very wise woman. Keep an ear open when she speaks. :)

-TK

My friend, I have seen you fight the good fight, but I have yet to see you able to accomplish anything. Have you changed one liberal's mind? Even one? I mean, if you simply like the debating process and the mental exercise then I can see it I guess, but it gets old to me after a while. Really, I don't care at all if every liberal on this site put me on ignore. That isn't why I'm here.

I won't apologize more than this once. I'm not doing this for them but for my wife in who's eyes I don't want to ever see that disappointment again. If I slip I will award rep to anyone and all who call me on it then I will move on and try again.

I had always chalked it up to your taking prednisone, which at my house we call "bitch in a bottle".

My favorite aunt has now started taking it and I more or less have disowned her due to her mouth.

Nothing you can post will change my mind at all, but the issues can get a complete airing.

We'll see.

Regards from Rosie

You bring up something that never before came to my mind. "PredFan" does not mean I like the steroid Prednisone, I mean, I've taken it for sciatica and I did like that it made me feel like a teenager again, but my name comes from back when I was a fan of the Orlando Predators of the Arena Football League.

Now I will not personally abuse anyone any more but people may be insulted by what I say sometimes, kind if like now when I tell you that I don't care one bit whether you read my posts or not. I know I'm on a lot of people's ignore lists but I don't come here to have my opinions validated by strangers. I come here to network with conservatives and to educate people. You choose not to read my posts it's your loss.

OIC. "Respect" is for conservatives only.

That is what you meant by this whole thread.

Quelle surprise.

Skipping past small mindedness, I remain....

Regards from Rosie

Ok, I was posting at home which I almost never do, and I went afk with USMB open in the desktop. My wife went to use my computer and stopped to read what I was posting.

How are you able to post so much & have a job & a wife? Are you the security guard that let the kid on the airport & into the planes landing gear because you were posting on websites instead of keeping watch? I figured most of you avid posters were jobless living in moms basement.

Lol, it's good to be the boss!

Just to be clear, this applies to posters here in the USMB. I can call Obama a lying fuckhead douchebag all I want to. That isn't something my wife hasn't heard before.

Obama is one most honest, caring ,intelligent Presidents we have had and will go down in history as one of the best.

You're just trying to make him break his word with such blatant horsepucky :lol:

You rep whore, you just want me to rep you and everone!

We'll see.

Regards from Rosie

OIC. "Respect" is for conservatives only.

That is what you meant by this whole thread.

Quelle surprise.

Skipping past small mindedness, I remain....

Regards from Rosie

To be clear, I never said I would respect anyone. I said I wouldn't personally abuse anyone.

[MENTION=19994]TruthSeeker[/MENTION] -- All of the facts agree with you and yet a good part of the US disagrees. In spite of all the has done and continues to do for the working/middle/poor class, they hate him and vote against their own interests.

Strangest damn thing I've ever seen.

We'll see.

Regards from Rosie

Pred causes adrenal cancer and a host of other really nasty crap but its no excuse for being a bitch.

OTOH, my mother, may she burn in hell, took pred, was total bitch and died of adrenal cancer.

Ok, I was posting at home which I almost never do, and I went afk with USMB open in the desktop. My wife went to use my computer and stopped to read what I was posting.

How are you able to post so much & have a job & a wife? Are you the security guard that let the kid on the airport & into the planes landing gear because you were posting on websites instead of keeping watch? I figured most of you avid posters were jobless living in moms basement.

I think you meant to address [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION] on this question.

This, class, is how not to respond to a sincere apology^^^^

too easy

don't do it

just walk away

We'll see.

Regards from Rosie

Pred causes adrenal cancer and a host of other really nasty crap but its no excuse for being a bitch.

OTOH, my mother, may she burn in hell, took pred, was total bitch and died of adrenal cancer.

I do not take prednisone, I have taken it for sciatica temporarily, but not for a long time.

Ask yourself: Why do people watch boxing matches? Why have people always enjoyed fighting as entertainment in one form or another?

I don't. Actually, I can't stand boxing and have gotten to feeling very burned out on violence in movies.

So, assuming many or most people do like violence, why?

And, I do believe we've gotten desensitized to it.

For example, Walking Dead - ugh.

We'll see.

Regards from Rosie

I was on it for RA but it was the wrong pill for me. I ended up with Lupus and almost died. Luckily found a Rheumatologist who knows what he is doing, I am no longer uptight and angry and down to just plain old RA, treated appropriately.

My aunt is a nurse practitioner. She will have to retire soon because she is dropping patients like flies. Hard to deal with is an understatement. She never used to be this way.

I can relate, Luddly. Luckily I no longer have to fake Mother's Day with my horror of a mother. Instead it now is the holiday it was meant to be since she pased. Whew!

Regards from Rosie

Forum List

Back