An apology and a challenge

Feel free to sign up for a remedial English course as soon as possible, little boy. You need it.

Feel free to sign up for a remedial English course as soon as possible, little boy. You need it.

You don't get to rewrite the dictionary, girlie.

September 21, 2011
RUSH: Don't doubt me on this. It sounds like a small thing, but in a daily ebb and flow you'll not even see any news about this, but it's in important because it's crucial who controls the language, who controls the way words are defined.

Ok, I was posting at home which I almost never do, and I went afk with USMB open in the desktop. My wife went to use my computer and stopped to read what I was posting. Now, I told her about this site so it's no secret and I'm not mad, but she was ahem....shocked when she read some of my posts. She knows nothing about politics and isn't interested at all. She never ever has been to this site.

She asked me why my language was so abusive to people on here. It's a legitimate question as I don't normally act that way and she was surprised. "That isn't debate", she says, how will anyone ever be convinced that you are right or will they participate in a discussion when you act like that? I did show her how others are also acting that way but as I was doing so I knew it was wrong.

I did spend time explaining how frustration it is debating with democrats who lie, obstruct, derail, and otherwise don't really debate, but her implication that I'm better than that was apparent. I did t even bother going into how useless it is to try to change a progressive's mind.

My wife is a fabulously beautiful woman inside and out and in the rare times she gives me the stink eye, I always relent. So....

To all those left and right, the democrats whom I've called various names and the conservatives that were exposed to my rants whether they agreed with me or not, I apologize for my behavior.

Now the challenge:

As of the date and time on this post, I promise to treat people with more respect. If anyone here catches me abusing someone on this board personally, I will give rep to all who call me on it. I'm not going to make some stupid bet to promise to leave the board or anything like that, but I promise to give rep to all posters who point it out.

We'll see how this goes.

If that's the case, if you decide someone is wrong or we made a mistake, prove it.

Start here:

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/134971-senate-republicans-block-bp-investigation.html

Food stamp cuts would deny aid to millions and deny school lunch aid to thousands | PolitiFact

Republicans Block U.S. Health Aid for 9/11 Workers for 10 years

WTF are you babbling about now? I can't tell.

If you still can't face the truth, then how have you "changed"?

Ok, I was posting at home which I almost never do, and I went afk with USMB open in the desktop. My wife went to use my computer and stopped to read what I was posting. Now, I told her about this site so it's no secret and I'm not mad, but she was ahem....shocked when she read some of my posts. She knows nothing about politics and isn't interested at all. She never ever has been to this site.

She asked me why my language was so abusive to people on here. It's a legitimate question as I don't normally act that way and she was surprised. "That isn't debate", she says, how will anyone ever be convinced that you are right or will they participate in a discussion when you act like that? I did show her how others are also acting that way but as I was doing so I knew it was wrong.

I did spend time explaining how frustration it is debating with democrats who lie, obstruct, derail, and otherwise don't really debate, but her implication that I'm better than that was apparent. I did t even bother going into how useless it is to try to change a progressive's mind.

My wife is a fabulously beautiful woman inside and out and in the rare times she gives me the stink eye, I always relent. So....

To all those left and right, the democrats whom I've called various names and the conservatives that were exposed to my rants whether they agreed with me or not, I apologize for my behavior.

Now the challenge:

As of the date and time on this post, I promise to treat people with more respect. If anyone here catches me abusing someone on this board personally, I will give rep to all who call me on it. I'm not going to make some stupid bet to promise to leave the board or anything like that, but I promise to give rep to all posters who point it out.

We'll see how this goes.

Outstanding!

Your response to my post has nothing what so ever to do with it. That "truth" you are mudding up the thread with has been discussed elsewhere. I'm not interested.

And I haven't changed at all. Leaving off the foul language and the abusive names isn't change.

WTF are you babbling about now? I can't tell.

Your response to my post has nothing what so ever to do with it. That "truth" you are mudding up the thread with has been discussed elsewhere. I'm not interested.

And I haven't changed at all. Leaving off the foul language and the abusive names isn't change.

Well, yeah, it kind of is. It is a change--for the better in my opinion--of how you respond to things. But it is not a change in who or what you are or your core values and convictions.

However, not that you need my permission, but I'm tempted to encourage you to use some of that foul language on those who have hijacked your excellent thread for their own silly schoolyard insults and food fights. But I guess I won't do that. I did mutter a few choice words under my breath though. :)

Well, yeah, it kind of is. It is a change--for the better in my opinion--of how you respond to things. But it is not a change in who or what you are or your core values and convictions.

However, not that you need my permission, but I'm tempted to encourage you to use some of that foul language on those who have hijacked your excellent thread for their own silly schoolyard insults and food fights. But I guess I won't do that. I did mutter a few choice words under my breath though. :)

It's fine. I keeps the thread refreshed for people who might not have seen the apology and the promise yet. OohPooPaDoo for instance.

Now the challenge:

We'll see how this goes.

Takes a big man to apologize like that. Kudos.

Good for you. And good luck to you - hope that the changes you want to make will stick.

Now the challenge:

We'll see how this goes.

Good for you. And good luck to you - hope that the changes you want to make will stick.

. . .AND set a good example for others. :)

Now the challenge:

We'll see how this goes.

. . .AND set a good example for others. :)

:thup:

Forum List

Back