An indicator that liberals can't twist

Does it? All I know is that people vote with their wallet if consumer confidence stay's at this level or goes higher by November 2018 lookout say goodbye to that blue wave lol

So Trump had nothing to do with it….
Killing obama's economy killing regulations had a lot to do with it.

One would wonder why…over the 8 years that Obama was in office, the Stock Market climbed 149%. One would conclude that the eight year examination of the market is a solid indicator. One would also conclude that if the regulations were detrimental to the economy….the growth would have not been so robust.

Additionally, the “killing of the regulations” hasn’t done much for the market in 2018; the market was actually down for most of the year; currently it is up under 100 points so the regulations not being there are not doing much.

24,922 on 12/31/17
25,019 on 7/13/18
Wall Street plays the market main street does not why wasn't confidence levels this high?

Not sure…probably because the fear mongers like yourself stewed and bitched about everything Obama did for 8 years. From flag lapel pins to the way the man breathed.

Anyway, Trump and his folks loved to talk about the stock market and the 401ks…if that is the indicator they are using; the nation was much more successful over the 8 year period…regulations be damned.
Yes, I bitch about obama but it was justified by his anti-American actions. As for how the nation was during obama's 8 years we are relieved that hillary and obama's agenda are gone.

/-----/ "Doubling down on deficit spending and debt during a boom economy is a recipe for disaster."
That would be the Congress not the president, Tinkerbell.

I could’ve swore that Trump signed that spending bill

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
because the democrats held the military hostage
Run on that

If you’re pulling your troops out of Europe and Korea and reducing your military presence abroad, why to you need to increase military spending?
Trump screams about other countries taking more of a burden and then wants a bigger military

This has been my contention since Trump first started whining about the NATO Allies “taking advantage” and making the US pay too much.

The rest of us aren’t forcing the US to spend 20% of its budget on the military. This is a choice that Americans have made. In fact, every time a Republican is in power, the first thing they do is increase the military budget. Right wingers are forever clamouring to increase military spending.

If you have no threats, if you’re not under attack, why do you need over 1.3 million soldiers? In the past 150 years, only one foreign government has ever attacked you on your home soil.

The USA is now the world’s prime exporter of weapons of mass destruction. Trump’s tirades against NATO allies are designed to get them to buy American weapons and thereby boost exports.

Canada has been trying to get out of the F35 purchase contract since the price went totally out of control.
The US has the safest location on the planet

Between two Yuge oceans and peaceful neighbors

But our public has been convinced that our precious liberty and freedom will be jeopardized if we don’t have a military budget ten times bigger than anyone else

The OP would be very right, but this is the year that the alt fascist Trump, who has been falling in Rasmussen and Fox polls, can't bring his EV power to advantage.

If Obama were president, he would be post 60 in job popularity.
obama and FDR were the closest this country has ever come to a fascist government

Run on that

If you’re pulling your troops out of Europe and Korea and reducing your military presence abroad, why to you need to increase military spending?
Trump screams about other countries taking more of a burden and then wants a bigger military

This has been my contention since Trump first started whining about the NATO Allies “taking advantage” and making the US pay too much.

The rest of us aren’t forcing the US to spend 20% of its budget on the military. This is a choice that Americans have made. In fact, every time a Republican is in power, the first thing they do is increase the military budget. Right wingers are forever clamouring to increase military spending.

If you have no threats, if you’re not under attack, why do you need over 1.3 million soldiers? In the past 150 years, only one foreign government has ever attacked you on your home soil.

The USA is now the world’s prime exporter of weapons of mass destruction. Trump’s tirades against NATO allies are designed to get them to buy American weapons and thereby boost exports.

Canada has been trying to get out of the F35 purchase contract since the price went totally out of control.
The US has the safest location on the planet

Between two Yuge oceans and peaceful neighbors

But our public has been convinced that our precious liberty and freedom will be jeopardized if we don’t have a military budget ten times bigger than anyone else
ok cut military spending and welfare each by 50%
and law enforcement

Consumer confidence at an 18 year high
This means unless the GOP ROYALLY SCREWS UP CLEAN PATH TO MAINTAINING CONGRESSIONAL CONTROL
https://www.nasdaq.com/article/consumer-confidence-jumps-to-18-year-high-etfs-to-watch-cm972510

No need to spin it. The fact is that it has been on the rise since shortly after Obama took office. This is just a continuation of that trend.

Consumer confidence is close to 18-year high

MW-GK005_Consum_20180529105935_MG.png

Big picture: The high level of confidence reflects a sturdy economic expansion in the U.S. that’s about to turn nine years old with no end in sight. Job openings are at a record high and unemployment is at a 17-year low.
You didn't pay attention it doesn't jump until Trump becomes president and has gone up ever since thanks for the link and support.

YOU didn't pay attention Rambo. Look at the graph that I posted. Just because the headline uses the word "jumped" it does not mean that it accelerated since the Orange Ogre was thrust upon us. It has clearly been a steady trend upward and it is due to the fact that Obama pulled us back from the brink of disaster and his policies have come to fruition. Trump has not done a god damned thing to boost consumer confidence and I'm betting that most voters are smart enough to know that.

Let me tell you something else, watch the consumer price index and what happens to it when the effects of T-Rumps idiotic tariffs, and the retaliatory tariffs take hold. There is nothing like soring prices to kill consumer confidence and there is just enough time before November for consumers, and voters to start feeling the pain.
no you didn't pay attention
Confidence started dropping in 2016 then if you noticed it jumped around the time he won.
Meaning some people fell into the belief hillary and obama's agenda was going to win but look at well into 2016 it jumps boom
Anyway thanks for the help you are a good student.
It dipped in 2016 as it has a few time along the way. Neither you nor I can really say why so stop pretending that you know the reason. That does not negate or refute that clear fact that it has steadily trended upward since 2009.
it dipped with concern that hillary and obama's agenda would win it shot up after the election. do try and keep up please.

I'm not clear what your point is. It's been that way for decades. Yet Republicans control the President, Senate House and most Governorships and State legislatures.

So?

No, it hasn’t, not by that margin

The article doesn't say that, where did you get that?
Dems need something to lift their broken spirits fake news to the rescue

I’m not a Democrat
I don't think I said either way.

Run on that

The rest of you are not spending the 2% you committed to. Cut the whining and grow a pair

The rest did not commit to doing so till 2024, so quit whining

This means unless the GOP ROYALLY SCREWS UP CLEAN PATH TO MAINTAINING CONGRESSIONAL CONTROL
https://www.nasdaq.com/article/consumer-confidence-jumps-to-18-year-high-etfs-to-watch-cm972510

No need to spin it. The fact is that it has been on the rise since shortly after Obama took office. This is just a continuation of that trend.

Big picture: The high level of confidence reflects a sturdy economic expansion in the U.S. that’s about to turn nine years old with no end in sight. Job openings are at a record high and unemployment is at a 17-year low.

That's true. But notice that under Trump is the first time consumer confidence exceeded consumer confidence before the 2008 great recession

How did consumer confidence being so high in 2006/7 work out for the country?

FYI 18 year high
not close to 18 year high

Yes, and 18 years ago we were about to go into a recession. Consumer confidence is a terrible way to rate how the economy is doing.

That's true. But notice that under Trump is the first time consumer confidence exceeded consumer confidence before the 2008 great recession

How did consumer confidence being so high in 2006/7 work out for the country?

FYI 18 year high
not close to 18 year high

Yes, and 18 years ago we were about to go into a recession. Consumer confidence is a terrible way to rate how the economy is doing.
People vote with their wallets that is a fact and 18 years ago it was 2000 are you saying Bill Clinton lead us into a recession?

Yup, thanks, bigreb.

Your numbers show that Trump now is in a much bigger hole than Obama.

A better selection would be 2010, when the Dems lost Congress to the Pubs. What were the numbers then.

Yup, thanks, bigreb.

Your numbers show that Trump now is in a much bigger hole than Obama.

A better selection would be 2010, when the Dems lost Congress to the Pubs. What were the numbers then.
my numbers were posted to show how high the disapproval was for the direction the country was going in obama's last year. It will also show how skewed obama's approval numbers were when you throw that in.

But they are not a correlation for the events going into a bi-term.

Yours are for a national election for an outgoing president.

Yes you are right, your numbers are skewed.

But they are not a correlation for the events going into a bi-term.

Yours are for a national election for an outgoing president.

Yes you are right, your numbers are skewed.
My numbers are skewed even though it showed obama's approval rating the same as most other polls? And you even approved of them until I pointed out the high disapproval rating for the direction obama was taking the country.
You don't get to twist from this you made your claim now you don't like it.

Forum List

Back