🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

An Iraqi officer says ISIS has detonated the famous al-Nuri mosque in Mosul where leader al-Baghdadi

The problem is SOME people in those communities "decide" and under the guise of PC force the issue.

Everyone has the right to use their power at the polls or townhalls or petitions or whatever to be heard and to have their representatives take action. No rights are being destroyed in this and no statuary either.

Why do you care if you don't live there?

I don't live in Egypt but would be horrified if the pyramids were destroyed over slave labor. You don't live in Iraq, why do you care?

It's part of this nation's history, we've taken our children to see the monuments, I want them to be able to take their children to see them as well

Don't you think there is a difference between structures that are thousands of years old, from a vanished civilization...being blown up....and some historic statuary, from the losing side of a nation's civil war, being moved to a museum? You might want to think about the equivalencies here :lol:

You may want to leave history alone because you have some poltical agenda to achieve.

Let's try this again: don't you think there is a difference between structures that are thousands of years old, from a vanished civilization...being blown up....and some historic statuary, from the losing side of a nation's civil war, being moved to a museum?

Let's try this again, don't let a monument upset you. It's part of this nation's history...leave them the fuck alone and stop using it as yet another wedge issue.

People are sick of your shit, it's why you keep losing

Everyone has the right to use their power at the polls or townhalls or petitions or whatever to be heard and to have their representatives take action. No rights are being destroyed in this and no statuary either.

I don't live in Egypt but would be horrified if the pyramids were destroyed over slave labor. You don't live in Iraq, why do you care?

It's part of this nation's history, we've taken our children to see the monuments, I want them to be able to take their children to see them as well

Don't you think there is a difference between structures that are thousands of years old, from a vanished civilization...being blown up....and some historic statuary, from the losing side of a nation's civil war, being moved to a museum? You might want to think about the equivalencies here :lol:

You may want to leave history alone because you have some poltical agenda to achieve.

Let's try this again: don't you think there is a difference between structures that are thousands of years old, from a vanished civilization...being blown up....and some historic statuary, from the losing side of a nation's civil war, being moved to a museum?

Let's try this again, don't let a monument upset you. It's part of this nation's history...leave them the fuck alone and stop using it as yet another wedge issue.

Now you're being deliberately dense in your eagerness to get the insults in.

I couldn't care less where they decide to put those statues (though I would be upset if they were damaged or destroyed) - it's up the community. Not you. Not me.

I am not using it as a wedge issue. I have NEVER brought it up on these boards in fact. You did :lol:

I just don't find it in any way comparable to the destruction of thousands of years old architecture.

I couldn't care less where they decide to put those statues (though I would be upset if they were damaged or destroyed) - it's up the community. Not you. Not me.

I am not using it as a wedge issue. I have NEVER brought it up on these boards in fact. You did :lol:

I just don't find it in any way comparable to the destruction of thousands of years old architecture.

No you just want to push your agenda. Typical of a leftist

Like I ALREADY said (think you missed that) - I. Don't. Care. It's up the people who live in those communities to decide.

The problem is SOME people in those communities "decide" and under the guise of PC force the issue.

Except for the fact that that is not what has been happening.

Taking a statue that can be seen by thousands of people daily in a major city and squirreling it away in a museum in a small town where it might be seen by a thousand people in a couple of years? That is what happened right here in my area.

You're avoiding my question....;)

Again, like I said before - what they do with those statues is up to the communities involved. I don't care as long as they aren't destroyed or damaged and there's nothing wrong with museums. I love museums.

What agenda do I have regarding these statues? :dunno:

Up till this thread, I've never even talked about them. Go take YOUR agenda elsewhere.

Taking a statue that can be seen by thousands of people daily in a major city and squirreling it away in a museum in a small town where it might be seen by a thousand people in a couple of years? That is what happened right here in my area.

Again, like I said before - what they do with those statues is up to the communities involved. I don't care as long as they aren't destroyed or damaged and there's nothing wrong with museums. I love museums.

I've answered your question. LEAVE THEM ALONE

What the hell is wrong with you? :dunno:

Up till this thread, I've never even talked about them. Go take YOUR agenda elsewhere.

Leftists always have an agenda. I don't take direction from you

At the moment, you

One day all current architecture/statuary/monuments will be a thousand years old. Provided we don't destroy them of course. We owe it to history and to future generations to preserve what we can. Being triggered by history and hiding things away is silly.

Again - wtf is wrong with you? I don't care about statues. You do. That's fine. Go do something about it and don't drag ME into it. k?

One day all current architecture/statuary/monuments will be a thousand years old. Provided we don't destroy them of course. We owe it to history and to future generations to preserve what we can. Being triggered by history is silly.

Thank you

At the moment, you

Well I have no idea what I've done to you so, whatever.

Just leave them alone, if you let some statue trigger you over something that had no effect on you there are some issues going on.

Like I ALREADY said (think you missed that) - I. Don't. Care. It's up the people who live in those communities to decide.

NO!!!! both are irreplaceable ART

Again - wtf is wrong with you? I don't care about statues. You do. That's fine. Go do something about it and don't drag ME into it. k?

Good grief

NO!!!! both are irreplaceable ART

In your haste to join the rest of the pack in leaping onto faulty assumptions, why don't you read what I said...

Don't you think there is a difference between structures that are thousands of years old, from a vanished civilization...being blown up....and some historic statuary, from the losing side of a nation's civil war, being moved to a museum?

I wonder if folks think Piss Christ should be preserved for enternity as well.

Somehow...I doubt it:rolleyes-41:

What kind of people don't care about statuary, monuments and art etc?
Isis, the Taliban, Islamists of all stripes - and heathens!
These are the antiquities of the future, regardless of whether one likes them or agrees with what, if anything, they stand for.

Destroying a people's history is also a means of destroying a people - destroy their past, their ties, and in the process their future. The illegal sale of of looted artifacts also funds their militias. I don't know how many sites in Iraq and Syria have been destroyed or damaged.

Even supposedly"civilized" people aren't exempt from this - they just did it through archaeological looting and selling of antiquities before laws made it more difficult.

Forum List

Back