🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

an obama email

Snookie

Groovy Dude
Jan 24, 2013
virginia
Just got this email from obama and thought I would pass it on fyi.

Thank you President Obama.:clap2:

Hello everybody --

The basic bargain of this country says that if you work hard, you can get ahead -- you can build a secure life for your family, and know that your kids will do even better someday.

But for more than a decade, that bargain has frayed, and a devastating recession made it worse.

Over the past four and a half years, America has fought its way back, laying a new foundation for more durable economic growth. But many of the challenges that faced the middle class before the recession remain. And Washington has taken its eye off the ball.

Too many people in this town are focused on scoring political points or fanning phony scandals instead of finding ways to help grow our economy, create jobs, or roll back a 30-year trend of rising inequality.

It’s time for that to stop. It’s time for all of us to focus on our top priority as a country, and that’s reigniting the engine of our prosperity: a rising, thriving middle class.

That’s what I just said while speaking at Knox College, back home in Illinois, where I kicked off a series of speeches on what truly matters to the middle class.

If building America from the middle out is an idea you share, I need you to stand with me. Add your voice to mine.

This has been my North Star for as long as I've been in office, and it's what will shape the time that I have left in the White House.

In the weeks ahead, in towns across the country, I’ll be talking about my ideas for building on the cornerstones of middle-class security: Good jobs with good wages. An education that prepares our children and our workers for a new economy. A home to call your own. Affordable health care when you get sick. A secure retirement even if you’re not rich. A better bargain for the middle class, and for all who are striving to join it.

This is the debate we need to have. And you can join me right now.

Let the country know that you believe that America works best not when it grows from the top down, but when it grows from the middle out:

Speak Up to Support the Middle Class | The White House

Thank you,

President Barack Obama

I'm curious about this notion of "middle out".

How would this be done, precisely?

A good start would be to raise the minimum wage to ten dollars.

Too much wealth is concentrated in the hands of a few. Take the walmart family, for example. A hundred billion is way too much! It's just not necessary to have that much wealth in the hands of one family. It distorts democracy.

You get Obama propaganda in your email? figures.
I hope you know that it wasnt personally from Obama....well maybe you dont.

Last edited:

Too much wealth is concentrated in the hands of a few. Take the walmart family, for example. A hundred billion is way too much! It's just not necessary to have that much wealth in the hands of one family. It distorts democracy.

Says who? You?

Who the fuck are you and who appointed you the final arbiter of what people need?

Typical liberal.. I bet if it were you, you'd be just fine with it.

Hello everybody --

The basic bargain of this country says that if you work hard, you can get ahead -- you can build a secure life for your family, and know that your kids will do even better someday.

But for more than a decade, that bargain has frayed, and a devastating recession made it worse.

Over the past four and a half years, America has fought its way back, laying a new foundation for more durable economic growth. But many of the challenges that faced the middle class before the recession remain. And Washington has taken its eye off the ball.

Too many people in this town are focused on scoring political points or fanning phony scandals instead of finding ways to help grow our economy, create jobs, or roll back a 30-year trend of rising inequality.

It’s time for that to stop. It’s time for all of us to focus on our top priority as a country, and that’s reigniting the engine of our prosperity: a rising, thriving middle class.

That’s what I just said while speaking at Knox College, back home in Illinois, where I kicked off a series of speeches on what truly matters to the middle class.

If building America from the middle out is an idea you share, I need you to stand with me. Add your voice to mine.

This has been my North Star for as long as I've been in office, and it's what will shape the time that I have left in the White House.

In the weeks ahead, in towns across the country, I’ll be talking about my ideas for building on the cornerstones of middle-class security: Good jobs with good wages. An education that prepares our children and our workers for a new economy. A home to call your own. Affordable health care when you get sick. A secure retirement even if you’re not rich. A better bargain for the middle class, and for all who are striving to join it.

Let the country know that you believe that America works best not when it grows from the top down, but when it grows from the middle out:

Thank you,

President Barack Obama

Wow, lie after lie after lie. And you not only bought it but you applaud it! Not surprising really.

Says who? You?

Who the fuck are you and who appointed you the final arbiter of what people need?

You are a typical right wing nut whose blood pressure rises when someone exercises his/her constitutional free speech and brings up an opinion that you don't agree with.

You people sure do hate free speech.

Hello everybody --

Thank you,

President Barack Obama

Typical posting by someone who has to be told what to think. No wonder it is completely devoid of any specifics.:cuckoo:

Hello everybody --

Thank you,

President Barack Obama

Typical posting by someone who has to be told what to think. No wonder it is completely devoid of any specifics.:cuckoo:

Not quite. I've been every where including three county fairs and a goat fucking.

Says who? You?

You are a typical right wing nut whose blood pressure rises when someone exercises his/her constitutional free speech and brings up an opinion that you don't agree with.

I don't see him trying to shut you up. I don't see him trying to get you fired from your job. He's not trying to destroy your career or to stop you from exercising your rights.

That's the specialty of the PC Police.

Says who? You?

No, my blood boils when asshats such as yourself start spouting off your opinion of what people need and don't need. It's none of your damn business how much money anyone has as long as they have earned it... grow up.

Says who? You?

I don't see him trying to shut you up. I don't see him trying to get you fired from your job. He's not trying to destroy your career or to stop you from exercising your rights.

That's the specialty of the PC Police.

You didn't see that? It figures. Birds of a feather flock together.

Why is that too much now but wasn't too much when the Carnegies, Rockefellers, and Astors had much more?

Says who? You?

No, my blood boils when asshats such as yourself start spouting off your opinion of what people need and don't need. It's none of your damn business how much money anyone has as long as they have earned it... grow up.

Everything that has to do the the well being of our great country of hard working people getting paid poverty level wages while a few wallow in decadent luxury, is my business.

God bless America.

Forum List

Back