Anaheim council sued for not enough Mexicans

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
some "rights" group sued the city of Anaheim which is being re-formed.
they charged there wasn't enough Mexicans on the council per ratio.
the city of Anaheim settled out of court.

this whole thing is BS.
this is how the corrupt legal system funds radical left-wing "rights" groups with tax payer money.

this whole thing is BS.
this is how the corrupt legal system funds radical left-wing "rights" groups with tax payer money.

Ha.Ha.--It's California--what do you expect?

this whole thing is BS.

maybe if some Mexicans would run they might get elected...i can only recall one or 2 Mexicans running for Council the last 10 years.........i was driving by City Hall today, there was about 30 people outside with signs.......i dont see were you said the City is being "reformed"....this is new to me....and the City settled shit out of Court.....the Trial is in March....

Research is your friend:

ACLU lawsuit: Anaheim 'shuts out' Latinos - The Orange County Register

The actual lawsuit was because the constituents claimed they were not being represented due to the fact that the council was not elected by district. Personally I think this should not have been in the courts – there is nothing here illegal – but should have been handled by the electorate. The fact that it went through the courts shows the problem was not enough people actually cared about the situation.

Currently, they settled out of court BY CREATING A BALLOT MEASURE that is going to be voted on in July. That is exactly how things should go. The latinos feel disenfranchised and they are going to get the chance to convince local voters that the system should be changed.

Why should I be upset OP?

you read too much into it

the bottom line they gave tax payer money to a racist group

Last edited:
Research is your friend:

The actual lawsuit was because the constituents claimed they were not being represented due to the fact that the council was not elected by district. Personally I think this should not have been in the courts – there is nothing here illegal – but should have been handled by the electorate. The fact that it went through the courts shows the problem was not enough people actually cared about the situation.

Currently, they settled out of court BY CREATING A BALLOT MEASURE that is going to be voted on in July. That is exactly how things should go. The latinos feel disenfranchised and they are going to get the chance to convince local voters that the system should be changed.

the ballot measure will be voted on in Nov not July....and the system should be changed....the Anaheim Hills gets much more than the rest of the City,except the Disneyland area......

you read too much into it

the bottom line they gave tax payer money to a racist group

I didn't read into it at all. I simply looked at the facts. You, on the other hand, are making random assumptions that are complexly unsupported by anything. As the other poster pointed out, no taxpayer money has been given to anyone. I told you what the "settlement" was. Again, research is your friend, get some facts together before outrage or stating outrageous claims. If what you state is true it should be easy to get some links together.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

Hey Mexicans, I've got the solution for you !

Go back to Mexico, all councils, boards, assembly's, etc. are made up 100% with Mexicans !

Go back to Mexico, all councils, boards, assembly's, etc. are made up 100% with Mexicans !
To be sure, these "Mexicans" in Anaheim are likely actually Americans (of Mexican heritage (or Latin)). I was just razzing the OP.

The real problem with thinking like this, IMO, is that we have changed the definition of peer. Once upon a time, Americans believed people were equal simply by virtue of their being human. It's a pillar of the natural law school. Americans, then, were peers by virtue of their being human and American.

But now, thanks to collectivist groupthink, city councils, juries, and other assemblies have to match the larger community demographically. Liberal thinking like this fosters divisiveness and multiculturalism in our country.

To be sure, these "Mexicans" in Anaheim are likely actually Americans (of Mexican heritage (or Latin)). I was just razzing the OP.

The real problem with thinking like this, IMO, is that we have changed the definition of peer. Once upon a time, Americans believed people were equal simply by virtue of their being human. It's a pillar of the natural law school. Americans, then, were peers by virtue of their being human and American.

But now, thanks to collectivist groupthink, city councils, juries, and other assemblies have to match the larger community demographically. Liberal thinking like this fosters divisiveness and multiculturalism in our country.

for one thing in this City the charges were absolutely right...the Anaheim Hills has all the reps on the Council and they all live up there and that part of the City gets a hell of a lot of things the rest of the city dont get....like roads paved and maintained on a regular basis.....more cops and Fire Stations.....their Schools are dam nice compared to the rest of the City....and like one guy said....."when was the last time our rep came down from the hill and paid this area a visit?".....the answer was....quite a while.....

Research is your friend:

The article you linked creates some questions in my mind.

It says that no Latinos are on the city council and yet it also says 54 percent of the city's residents are Latino. And it says that city council elections are "at-large" elections.

So one question is, if Latinos make up more than half the population, why are none getting elected in an at-large election?

Could this be because a large part of the 54 percent are illegal immigrants and therefore ineligible to vote?

If that is the case, why would we want to change the at-large system used in most cities so that an illegal population would get a better chance at having a representative on the council who would influence taxpayer resources to be directed toward serving those illegals?

Last edited:
Research is your friend:

The article you linked creates some questions in my mind.

It says that no Latinos are on the city council and yet it also says 54 percent of the city's residents are Latino. And it says that city council elections are "at-large" elections.

So one question is, if Latinos make up more than half the population, why are none getting elected in an at-large election?

Could this be because a large part of the 54 percent are illegal immigrants and therefore ineligible to vote?

If that is the case, why would we want to change the at-large system used in most cities so that an illegal population would get a better chance at having a representative on the council who would influence taxpayer resources to be directed toward serving those illegals?

"Latinos" have to run first to get elected.....all the people who are usually on the ballet are Anaheim Hills denizens with money.....i have only seen one Mexican name on the ballet in 10 years....and he was in the last election....lost a close one......

Forum List

Back