Analysis: Companies need workers – but people keep getting high

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Who knew that was going to be a problem, lol...

19 / 24

The Washington Post

Danielle Paquette 6 hrs ago

BBBf9ai.img

Workers at McLane drive forklifts and load hefty boxes into trucks. The grocery supplier, which runs a warehouse in Colorado, needs people who will stay alert — but prospective hires keep failing drug screens.

The state’s unemployment rate is already low — 3 percent, compared to 4.7 percent for the entire nation. Failed drug tests, which are rising locally and nationally, further drain the pool of eligible job candidates.

“Finding people to fill jobs,” Stephens said, “is really challenging.”

The most significant increase was in positive tests for marijuana, said Barry Sample, the scientist who wrote the report. Positive tests for the drug reached 2 percent last year, compared with 1.6 percent in 2012.

Although state laws have relaxed over the past four years, employers haven’t eased up on testing for pot, even where it’s legal.

upload_2017-5-17_23-58-29.jpeg

Knowing they might be high and then putting a power tool in their hands makes me want to hire them..... NOT!!!!! It's just a lawsuit in the making for and employer and it wouldn't do my blood pressure any good either...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

That's why they voted that way. Obama's world view created a depression in many of those areas. No hope.
Typical that republicans have no personal responsibility and blame others for their failures.
It was democrat energy policy that caused the economic hardship. Obama specifically.

Yep, lets control peoples life.

Why not fuck off op and leave people alone.
You're too fucking stupid to get it. I work with a lot of heavy construction tools. No way in hell I'd hire someone I knew was a pot head. They could damage someone's property or worse seriously injure themselves or someone else.
And for the record that risk is a risk to MY LIFE & LIVELYHOOD. If they have no regard for their own safety why the hell should I?

Fucking idiot

Yeah the whole drug test culture needs to end. We have to stop allowing insurance companies to rule our lives.

Forum List

Back