Analysis Finds Trump Tax Cuts Didn’t Benefit Workers, Just Made Rich Companies Richer

Since the day the tax cut was signed,

The DJI is down 813 points.

The S&P is down 49 points.

The NASDAQ is up 57 points

The Russell 2000 is up 10 points.

Yeah...so? Funny how you forget to mention all that tariff conversation that has been the driver of the losses on the stock market. Dishonesty is a trait of progressives though. No doubt about that.

Ahh, my little leftist friend, I did mention that in the post after this one you quoted.

But I am glad to see you admit how the Trump Trade war has had a negative effect on the markets.

By the way, between the day he signed the tax cut and the day he tweeted about tariffs the first time the market was booming along with a 125 point gain in just under a month! :21::21:
Calling Westwall a leftist?

Beyond stupid

TRUMP’S TAX CUTS DIDN’T BENEFIT U.S. WORKERS, MADE RICH COMPANIES RICHER, ANALYSIS FINDS

Trump and Republican leadership have long touted their tax cuts as a massive boon to America’s working class, if not through direct tax reductions or refunds, then through the trickle-down effect of bonuses and wage increases from their employers who receive massive corporate cuts. “Tax reform is working,” Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan said in January, mentioning Apple’s decision to reward a bonus of $2,500 in stock grants to some Apple employees. “Workers are coming home and telling their families they got a bonus, or they got a raise or they got better benefits.”

But a new analysis of all Fortune 500 companies found only 4.3 percent of workers will receive a one-time bonus or wage increase tied to the business tax cuts, while businesses received nine times more in cuts than what they passed on to their workers, according to Americans for Tax Fairness, a political advocacy group devoted to tax reform. The analysis also found that companies spent 37 times as much on stock buybacks than they did on bonuses and increased wages for workers.

“There are too many disingenuous claims that the Trump and Republican tax cuts for corporations will trickle down to the middle class,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness. “President Trump and Republicans gave huge tax cuts to big drug companies, big oil and other corporations, but corporations are giving back little—if anything—to working families,” said Clemente. “In fact, this [analysis shows] that 433 corporations out of the Fortune 500 have announced no plans to share their tax cuts with employees.”

The newest projections by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that the Republican tax plan led to, in part, a 2018 deficit $242 billion higher than previously estimated.

Roughly 36 percent of Americans approve of the Republican tax cuts, according to a March Quinnipiac University Poll and a CNBC poll found that 52 percent of working adults said they had not seen a change to their paychecks since the cuts were passed.

In January, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said 90 percent of all working adults would see increases in their paychecks because of the cuts.

Can't wait for my bigger dividends!!!
Bring on the buybacks!!!

Thanks for the links, fucktard.

upload_2018-4-24_18-21-34.png

Look at that!!
Planning to layoff employees because of the market for power.
Plans they announced before the tax cuts. LOL!

TRUMP’S TAX CUTS DIDN’T BENEFIT U.S. WORKERS, MADE RICH COMPANIES RICHER, ANALYSIS FINDS

Trump and Republican leadership have long touted their tax cuts as a massive boon to America’s working class, if not through direct tax reductions or refunds, then through the trickle-down effect of bonuses and wage increases from their employers who receive massive corporate cuts. “Tax reform is working,” Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan said in January, mentioning Apple’s decision to reward a bonus of $2,500 in stock grants to some Apple employees. “Workers are coming home and telling their families they got a bonus, or they got a raise or they got better benefits.”

But a new analysis of all Fortune 500 companies found only 4.3 percent of workers will receive a one-time bonus or wage increase tied to the business tax cuts, while businesses received nine times more in cuts than what they passed on to their workers, according to Americans for Tax Fairness, a political advocacy group devoted to tax reform. The analysis also found that companies spent 37 times as much on stock buybacks than they did on bonuses and increased wages for workers.

“There are too many disingenuous claims that the Trump and Republican tax cuts for corporations will trickle down to the middle class,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness. “President Trump and Republicans gave huge tax cuts to big drug companies, big oil and other corporations, but corporations are giving back little—if anything—to working families,” said Clemente. “In fact, this [analysis shows] that 433 corporations out of the Fortune 500 have announced no plans to share their tax cuts with employees.”

The newest projections by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that the Republican tax plan led to, in part, a 2018 deficit $242 billion higher than previously estimated.

Roughly 36 percent of Americans approve of the Republican tax cuts, according to a March Quinnipiac University Poll and a CNBC poll found that 52 percent of working adults said they had not seen a change to their paychecks since the cuts were passed.

In January, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said 90 percent of all working adults would see increases in their paychecks because of the cuts.

Your people said our healthcare costs would go down byv$2,500 per year because of Obamacare. Still waiting.....

Absurd ignorance. 91% of tax payers got a tax cut. Resulting in thousands of extra dollars per year in their pocket.

Gramps, I like you, but you’ve been duped once again.

Enjoy your tax cuts while they last

But here's the thing: After 2025, all individual tax cuts are set to expire. At the same time, corporate rate cuts are made permanent under the bill.

As a result, by 2027 a large majority of people making less than $200,000 will either see little change in their tax bill or a tax increase relative to what they pay today, the JCT estimates.
you say you work, did you get a reduction in your payroll tax? i did, four hundred a month. so I'm curious, it seems you didn't. that seems odd.

I think you are a damn liar. My check grew by a little over $200.00 each month, and my income from retirement is 2 and 1/2 times that of the mean monthly income of American's.

I can't tell you what to think. I can only tell you what I get. I'm getting four hundred a month. two hundred a pay check. Don't know what to tell you jack. I earn more than you maybe? And since you're unhappy with your extra 200 a month, why don't you just give it away to a charity and feel good about yourself. tell your family they don't deserve the extra money and hand it out. be that good little lefty you always wanted to be.

I take care of my own, each month $100 is added to each of the 529 accounts for my grandchildren. I also send $100 each month to the United Way and make a donation to St. Jude once a year.

Sir, that is awesome. I wish to some day be in your place, congratulations on your generosity!

Since the day the tax cut was signed,

The DJI is down 813 points.

The S&P is down 49 points.

The NASDAQ is up 57 points

The Russell 2000 is up 10 points.

Yeah...so? Funny how you forget to mention all that tariff conversation that has been the driver of the losses on the stock market. Dishonesty is a trait of progressives though. No doubt about that.

Ahh, my little leftist friend, I did mention that in the post after this one you quoted.

But I am glad to see you admit how the Trump Trade war has had a negative effect on the markets.

By the way, between the day he signed the tax cut and the day he tweeted about tariffs the first time the market was booming along with a 125 point gain in just under a month! :21::21:
Calling Westwall a leftist?

Beyond stupid

He is more of a leftist than I am a progressive.

The whole tax farce was nothing but a smoke screen to make us forget that he's stealing us blind.

Millions every week.

And while he's screwing over the working class, our vets, our active military, handicapped, elderly, children, women - everyone except the 1%, there is no one to stop him.

Liberals keep trying to SPIN tax cuts as horrible and tax increases as popular LMAO! I almost feel sorry for moderate Dem's their liberal wing is nuts.

Have you considered buying a house, and then asking your boss to reduce your pay check?

On a much grander scale, this is the Ryan-Trump tax bill.

And that slimy little LyinRyan can do a lot more damage before he pretends to retire and instead, joins the equally slimy K Street lobbyists.

Well duh...

Liberals keep trying to SPIN tax cuts as horrible and tax increases as popular LMAO! I almost feel sorry for moderate Dem's their liberal wing is nuts.

Have you considered buying a house, and then asking your boss to reduce your pay check?

On a much grander scale, this is the Ryan-Trump tax bill.

And that slimy little LyinRyan can do a lot more damage before he pretends to retire and instead, joins the equally slimy K Street lobbyists.
I do hope that weasel runs into a car tire someday,,,soon...

The economy was doing fine until that filthy ass 2006 Democrat Congress took over.
holy shit

:spinner:
Dodd and Frank, just remember those two names.
I sure do, and I remember CMOs and CDOs and Credit Default Swaps and "credit agencies" giving AAA ratings to shit securities and no reserve requirements for AIG and John Paulson making billions creating securities he bet against, and 30 to 1 leverage and teaser loans and banks shorting the very same securities they were selling.

All of which had absolutely nothing, zero, to do with either Dodd or Frank. And all of which were at the very core of the crash that damn near brought us down.
Mac, make that a holy s-it times two.

Absurd ignorance. 91% of tax payers got a tax cut. Resulting in thousands of extra dollars per year in their pocket.

Gramps, I like you, but you’ve been duped once again.

Enjoy your tax cuts while they last

But here's the thing: After 2025, all individual tax cuts are set to expire. At the same time, corporate rate cuts are made permanent under the bill.

As a result, by 2027 a large majority of people making less than $200,000 will either see little change in their tax bill or a tax increase relative to what they pay today, the JCT estimates.
you say you work, did you get a reduction in your payroll tax? i did, four hundred a month. so I'm curious, it seems you didn't. that seems odd.

I think you are a damn liar. My check grew by a little over $200.00 each month, and my income from retirement is 2 and 1/2 times that of the mean monthly income of American's.

Hmmm .... just like ObamaCare ...

The RWs paid mazillions more than the libs.

:20:

That is hilarious. If a company didn’t publicly make an announcement, then they didn’t do it.

Let’s look at who is behind the group that did this so-called analysis, shall we?
All left wing so-called organizations and think tanks that derives their funds from, guess who?
It's the group that said oil companies don't get subsidies.
True but they get huge tax breaks

Tax breaks ARE subsidies.

A subsidy is a benefit given to an individual, business or institution, usually by the government. It is usually in the form of a cash payment or a tax reduction. The subsidy is typically given to remove some type of burden, and it is often considered to be in the overall interest of the public, given to promote a social good or an economic policy.

Subsidy
tax breaks are not susidies. the company isn't paying itself and the government has no hands in the money. so make up nonsense all you want. no one will take you seriously. seriously!

Are you seriously going to challenge an exact definition of subsidy? Are you a fool, ignorant, or just plain stupid?

If you really want to find out the answer compare the 2017 withholding sheet from the 2018 holding sheet, but don't be too disappointed when you see the answer.

That is hilarious. If a company didn’t publicly make an announcement, then they didn’t do it.

Let’s look at who is behind the group that did this so-called analysis, shall we?
All left wing so-called organizations and think tanks that derives their funds from, guess who?
It's the group that said oil companies don't get subsidies.
True but they get huge tax breaks

Tax breaks ARE subsidies.

A subsidy is a benefit given to an individual, business or institution, usually by the government. It is usually in the form of a cash payment or a tax reduction. The subsidy is typically given to remove some type of burden, and it is often considered to be in the overall interest of the public, given to promote a social good or an economic policy.

Subsidy
tax breaks are not susidies. the company isn't paying itself and the government has no hands in the money. so make up nonsense all you want. no one will take you seriously. seriously!

Are you seriously going to challenge an exact definition of subsidy? Are you a fool, ignorant, or just plain stupid?
Yep. Someone keeping their money is, wait for it.... keeping their own money! Fk, how stupid are you?

It's just crumbs Comrade!

You Marxists need to pound in the message that you'll repeal the bill of rights and reverse the tax cuts.

Do it loudly, every day!

Shhhhhh!

Never interrupt the Communists while they shoot their own foot off.

Seriously jed and gnat, the people want higher taxes. Those $1,000 bonuses mean nothing to Communist Oligarchs like Bezos and Cook, so the peasants will never miss them.

Let them eat cake!

but I can bet those bitching in this post about not having stocks, are actually those who don't have stock

Another 4th grade "retort"........No wonder trump honestly stated that he loves the poorly educated who voted for his sorry, fat ass.
In their world, if you don’t agree with them, you’re a “welfare queen”.

I’m a honest, hardworking American tax payer who has never been on welfare; but I support helping those in need over giving more money to already rich companies.

These bootlickers just continue licking even as their Dear Leader walks right over them

Preach it Comrade.

You'll take every dime of that tax cut and give it to who the part decides is most worthy - which is of course the party bosses...

Vote Communists, we'll take your tax cuts, we'll take your guns, we'll take your freedom of speech!

You're on the right track, America want's this message! :thup:

Forum List

Back