Analysis Finds Trump Tax Cuts Didn’t Benefit Workers, Just Made Rich Companies Richer

Dodd and Frank, just remember those two names.
I sure do, and I remember CMOs and CDOs and Credit Default Swaps and "credit agencies" giving AAA ratings to shit securities and no reserve requirements for AIG and John Paulson making billions creating securities he bet against, and 30 to 1 leverage and teaser loans and banks shorting the very same securities they were selling.

All of which had absolutely nothing, zero, to do with either Dodd or Frank. And all of which were at the very core of the crash that damn near brought us down.

Since the day the tax cut was signed,

The DJI is down 813 points.

The S&P is down 49 points.

The NASDAQ is up 57 points

The Russell 2000 is up 10 points.

Nice cherry picking, lol. Why don't we see how it stacks up since Roy Moore lost. Then we can say what the stock market thinks of a Democrat winning in Alabama. Or how has the market reacted since the last special election? Oh boy, now we can really see what investors think of Democrats regaining power.

It is all poppycock, your scenario, my scenario. You know it, and I know it. And if you don't know it, you shouldn't even be discussing it, lol.

I remember when they were caught paying for ratings.

And Dodd and Frank did have a big part to do with it.
I sure do, and I remember CMOs and CDOs and Credit Default Swaps and "credit agencies" giving AAA ratings to shit securities and no reserve requirements for AIG and John Paulson making billions creating securities he bet against, and 30 to 1 leverage and teaser loans and banks shorting the very same securities they were selling.

All of which had absolutely nothing, zero, to do with either Dodd or Frank. And all of which were at the very core of the crash that damn near brought us down.

I remember when they were caught paying for ratings.

And Dodd and Frank did have a big part to do with it.

What was their connection to it?

The core of the crash was the Community Reinvestment Act that used government pressure on lenders to give money to people that normally wouldn't have qualified for a loan. You know, for social justice reasons. A stupid Democrat idea. The CRA chickens came home to roost and Barney Queerboy and the Democrat Congress didn't do a damn thing to stop.

The government putting pressure on lenders to give credit to people that neither had the means or the inclination to pay the money back. What could possibly go wrong?

The core of the crash was the Community Reinvestment Act that used government pressure on lenders to give money to people that normally wouldn't have qualified for a loan. You know, for social justice reasons. A stupid Democrat idea. The CRA chickens came home to roost and Barney Queerboy and the Democrat Congress didn't do a damn thing to stop.

The government putting pressure on lenders to give credit to people that neither had the means or the inclination to pay the money back. What could possibly go wrong?
That ignores a simply staggering amount of facts and details. Just, simply, staggering.

None of the facts I listed were forced onto anyone. It was an industry running free and it went far too far.

MY industry.

Nice cherry picking, lol. Why don't we see how it stacks up since Roy Moore lost. Then we can say what the stock market thinks of a Democrat winning in Alabama. Or how has the market reacted since the last special election? Oh boy, now we can really see what investors think of Democrats regaining power.

It is all poppycock, your scenario, my scenario. You know it, and I know it. And if you don't know it, you shouldn't even be discussing it, lol.

You do not think that the day a major (and only) piece of legislation for a year is signed is a significant day?

I could pick the day that Trump made his first tariff tweet, the DJI is down more than 900 points since that day and every other index is also down.

How about the first day of the year, should we go from there?

How ever you cut it, we are 120 days or so into a pattern of zero to negative growth.

Oh, and the DJI is up about 461 since the day Roy Moore lost

The economy was doing fine until that filthy ass 2006 Democrat Congress took over. The one with Dirty Harry, Tits Peloski, Barney Queerboy and that worthless affirmative action Negro from Illinois.

The above from a fucking moron who hates EVERYBODY except for his white supremacist colleagues?.................I can't wait for this idiot's ilk to die off....and good riddance to trash.

You do not think that the day a major (and only) piece of legislation for a year is signed is a significant day?

I could pick the day that Trump made his first tariff tweet, the DJI is down more than 900 points since that day and every other index is also down.

How ever you cut it, we are 120 days or so into a pattern of zero to negative growth.

Oh, and the DJI is up about 461 since the day Roy Moore lost[/QUOTE

So, are you trying to tell everyone, that the President has that kind of power? Well then, I suppose by your OWN admission, we now know why the economy is doing so well-)

But in all honesty, it is ok. As a whole, since we got rid of Obysmal, the stockmarket has done well enough. The economy is booming, and people have more cash in their pockets. Business is expanding, and Blacks are leaving the Democratic party in unheralded numbers. Not a bad 16 months at all-)

Oh, and the DJI is up about 461 since the day Roy Moore lost[/QUOTE

So, are you trying to tell everyone, that the President has that kind of power? Well then, I suppose by your OWN admission, we now know why the economy is doing so well-)

But in all honesty, it is ok. As a whole, since we got rid of Obysmal, the stockmarket has done well enough. The economy is booming, and people have more cash in their pockets. Business is expanding, and Blacks are leaving the Democratic party in unheralded numbers. Not a bad 16 months at all-)

The economy was doing well till Trump started making decisions. When he was just golfing and holding pep rallies the economy was killing it. Now it is slowing to a crawl.

And since you choose to compare the two admins...

At this point in the previous Admin the DJI had rate of growth at 40.95%, as compared to 21.17% for the current Admin.

Funny, all the wife's tax clients went away very happy with the preview of what next yrs return would look like.

In Ohio right now and I just watched a libtard commercial in this subject, only in libtard world would they try to convince their base more take home money in their pay check is baaaaaadddddd . ...

Is there a ,no sh*t sherlock' emoticon?

christ on a cracker ,you folks are S>>>L>>>>>O>>>>W

~S~

In Ohio right now and I just watched a libtard commercial in this subject, only in libtard world would they try to convince their base more take home money in their pay check is baaaaaadddddd . ...

what is bad is when that more take home money, plus some, is eaten up by increased prices due to a trade war and increased healthcare due to failure to repeal ObamaCare

TRUMP’S TAX CUTS DIDN’T BENEFIT U.S. WORKERS, MADE RICH COMPANIES RICHER, ANALYSIS FINDS

Trump and Republican leadership have long touted their tax cuts as a massive boon to America’s working class, if not through direct tax reductions or refunds, then through the trickle-down effect of bonuses and wage increases from their employers who receive massive corporate cuts. “Tax reform is working,” Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan said in January, mentioning Apple’s decision to reward a bonus of $2,500 in stock grants to some Apple employees. “Workers are coming home and telling their families they got a bonus, or they got a raise or they got better benefits.”

But a new analysis of all Fortune 500 companies found only 4.3 percent of workers will receive a one-time bonus or wage increase tied to the business tax cuts, while businesses received nine times more in cuts than what they passed on to their workers, according to Americans for Tax Fairness, a political advocacy group devoted to tax reform. The analysis also found that companies spent 37 times as much on stock buybacks than they did on bonuses and increased wages for workers.

“There are too many disingenuous claims that the Trump and Republican tax cuts for corporations will trickle down to the middle class,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness. “President Trump and Republicans gave huge tax cuts to big drug companies, big oil and other corporations, but corporations are giving back little—if anything—to working families,” said Clemente. “In fact, this [analysis shows] that 433 corporations out of the Fortune 500 have announced no plans to share their tax cuts with employees.”

The newest projections by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that the Republican tax plan led to, in part, a 2018 deficit $242 billion higher than previously estimated.

Roughly 36 percent of Americans approve of the Republican tax cuts, according to a March Quinnipiac University Poll and a CNBC poll found that 52 percent of working adults said they had not seen a change to their paychecks since the cuts were passed.

In January, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said 90 percent of all working adults would see increases in their paychecks because of the cuts.

Middle-class tax cut doesn’t help middle-class. Sure...the sky is green and grass is blue. Whatever left wing talking points you want to use.

Yeah...so? Funny how you forget to mention all that tariff conversation that has been the driver of the losses on the stock market. Dishonesty is a trait of progressives though. No doubt about that.

Yeah...so? Funny how you forget to mention all that tariff conversation that has been the driver of the losses on the stock market. Dishonesty is a trait of progressives though. No doubt about that.

Ahh, my little leftist friend, I did mention that in the post after this one you quoted.

But I am glad to see you admit how the Trump Trade war has had a negative effect on the markets.

By the way, between the day he signed the tax cut and the day he tweeted about tariffs the first time the market was booming along with a 125 point gain in just under a month! :21::21:

The members of the new coalition include:

AFL-CIO
American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees
Alliance for a Just Society
American Federation of Government Employees
American Sustainable Business Council
Brandon and Associates
Business for Shared Prosperity
Campaign for America’s Future
Center for American Progress
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
Citizens for Tax Justice
Coalition on Human Needs
Economic Policy Institute
Financial Accountability & Corporate Transparency (FACT) Coalition
Leadership Center for the Common Good
Leadership Conference on Civil & Human Rights
MoveOn.org
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare
National Council of La Raza
National Education Association
National People’s Action
National Women’s Law Center
OMB Watch
PICO National Network
Service Employees International Union
The Arc
United for a Fair Economy
USAction
Working America

A who's who of groups who HATE America,Americans,and President Trump! I BET you scratch the surface Soros has his fingers in MOST of these groups!

Da5smfLW4AU9F2I.jpg

Forum List

Back