And God said unto me, "Pour out your coffee."

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
I went outside to the small trail I have behind the house to do my prayer time. This session I was going to contemplate a some posts and replies about a 6th sense we seem to have. So the question is, "How does God communicate/interact with us." I had walked a few minutes when I stopped to ponder. God said unto me, "Pour out your coffee." Now I really, really like my morning coffee, and this was an especially good cup. So of course I did not want to pour out my coffee. I thought to myself, "That does not answer any questions. What good will pouring out my coffee do? Maybe I am not hearing correctly." He talks to me in more of a suggestion(s) than like "Hello RV, How are you this morning?" So I followed the suggestion and poured the second half of my coffee upon the leaves. So now I pondered this, "What was that all about?" (The following analogies might be really off do to lack of knowledge of the subject matter.) What does a soldier give up went fighting for freedom? Freedom. An extremely, highly trained Special Forces squad member is at the top of his game, and will step in front of a bullet without hesitation. God told Jesus to get nailed to a cross. Jesus said, "Bring on the spikes." There was no one closer to God but God gave his only begotten son. In the Muslim religion there are three beings; angel, man, and jinn. Two of those have free will; human and jinn. The angel does not have free will. The angel does as God wishes. For us to be closer to God we trade some of our free will for God's wisdom. Most jinn are considered evil, although not all. Jinn have great free will. So in a way the profession closest to God is the mathematician. Math is the language with which we understand the world God gave us. Mathematicians give up some of their free will to understand God, 2 + 2 = 4, take it on faith. This is not to say God does not think the arts are lowly professions, quite the contrary. Free will expressed in the highest order could never please God more. It is when we take free will and listen to the jinn. Art which is baseless and crude is not to God's liking, the jinn eat it up though. And to use math knowingly in a way to deceive is a sin. To give credit to God when we get inspiration from Him is one of the hardest things to do. We want to believe we are on top of our game, we are "in the zone" but God talks to us the most in those times and to praise Him is to know him.

My first reaction is to tell you to stop reading gismo's Church Of The Perpetual Regurg sermons but what the heck ...

Leaping into the breach, I ask,

Why would god want you to pour out your coffee?

Why would god even notice your coffee?

Is he jealous that you have good coffee and, that being an imaginary creature, he doesn't even have a mouth with which to drink anything at all?

Most important question - what was really in that coffee? Hmmm ?

My first reaction is to tell you to stop reading gismo's Church Of The Perpetual Regurg sermons but what the heck ...

Is he jealous that you have good coffee and, that being an imaginary creature, he doesn't even have a mouth with which to drink anything at all?

Gismo's Church Of The Perpetual Regurg bring hate into the topic of to religion. Gismo is missing the point along the way. I've been in the breach for a while. God wanted me to do something that was not my free will, and was obvious to me it was not my free will. He noticed my coffee because I notice my coffee. And, no he does not know the taste of coffee, at least I don't think so. I use excellent quality beans which I grind just before brewing, I have a 4 cup drip coffee maker, use spring water, pour a cup as soon as it is brewed. I make it really weak with just enough sugar and CoffeeMate to flavor. (I did not give any brands, except CoffeeMate, because I did not what to influence the market. :D)

Coffee does stimulate the body. When God wants us to be still and know He is God, could drinking a stimulate interfere with that process?

Coffee does stimulate the body. When God wants us to be still and know He is God, could drinking a stimulate interfere with that process?

I did consider that. I must admit I am not the purest of individuals. Not that I don't live healthy but my caffeine intake is two cups of coffee a day and a Pepsi. I could probably make it through the day with less. I walk when I pray but that is just me.

I did consider that. I must admit I am not the purest of individuals. Not that I don't live healthy but my caffeine intake is two cups of coffee a day and a Pepsi. I could probably make it through the day with less. I walk when I pray but that is just me.
if I were you I would keep drinking the coffee but use the pepsi as an enema, it will take your mind off the god crap.

God told me to urinate in a coffee can and pour it on the neighbor's car. It wasn't until years later that I understood the purpose, but it was profound. Changed my life.

communicating with God is really the Spirits attempt at freedom, knowing full well there will be no reply without success. only wishful thinking without Admission to the Everlasting, whether there is a God or not.

This is one thing I have never understood. People are like, "oohhh, that person says they talk to God. " I always think, "oohh, And?" If what the person says sounds about right, so what if he or she does? Why is it a big deal? Does what I say sound about right?

communicating with God is really the Spirits attempt at freedom, knowing full well there will be no reply without success. only wishful thinking without Admission to the Everlasting, whether there is a God or not.

Why would I pray if I expected no reply? That makes no sense whatsoever. God speaks as He pleases.

Why would I pray if I expected no reply? That makes no sense whatsoever. God speaks as He pleases.

Exactly. For example, I tried to reply to your post and got all mixed up. So now I will take a step back and seek understanding. (If you don't hear back from me know I was struck by lightning. Justifiably so.)

Exactly. For example, I tried to reply to your post and got all mixed up. So now I will take a step back and seek understanding. (If you don't hear back from me know I was struck by lightning. Justifiably so.)

always seek understanding. It's more useful than anything else.

I think God speaks to more of us than we realize. Often we get make ourselves too busy to hear and feel His promptings. There is a reason they call Him the Still, Small, voice.

Understanding can turn the most basic of questions into the most profound of answers. Not that this one of those. Most of this is from thoughts over the years.. As I replied to Luddly Neddite's comment where he stated I was leaping into the breach and I said I have been here for quite some time. Trying to understanding such a phenomenon one must understand many different constructs. The answer to your first question is that people are instructed not to hear God to speak to them during prayer. Not only would one be a witch or mentally ill but the number of people in the Book, whichever Book one chooses, who have spoken to God is rather few. And why is this? Well we can look at something similar in the history of the Bible. Once printing was much cheaper and faster many people could have a Bible for themselves. Preachers then had to know their material for the people in the pews had just as much information as the preacher did. Then the role of the preacher became to know about the Bible than those the congregation. What does it matter who God speaks to? (A slight modification from the original wording.) The better question is who does God not talk to. Apparently the Pope. To decide the next Pope smoke signals are used. It does also matter who God does talk to. Let us say two individuals were having a disagreement about a religious topic. One opens his Book and say, “See, right here it says God said ...” And the other says, “Well when I sought understanding on the matter God revealed this to be the answer.” Talking with God kind of trumps any argument from notes. So the profound answer to this question is unfortunately another question. Who is God talking to? This last question just happens to be the one question He will not answer. So far I am the only person I know who has claimed to talk to God. If anyone else out there claims the same feel free to chime in at any time. Or if anyone wishes to counter my claim I would love to see what happens. I know one thing for sure God is not going to strike anyone down for doubting me.

Gismo's Church Of The Perpetual Regurg bring hate into the topic of to religion. Gismo is missing the point along the way. I've been in the breach for a while. God wanted me to do something that was not my free will, and was obvious to me it was not my free will. He noticed my coffee because I notice my coffee. And, no he does not know the taste of coffee, at least I don't think so. I use excellent quality beans which I grind just before brewing, I have a 4 cup drip coffee maker, use spring water, pour a cup as soon as it is brewed. I make it really weak with just enough sugar and CoffeeMate to flavor. (I did not give any brands, except CoffeeMate, because I did not what to influence the market. :D)

So, what if you had been drinking crappy instant coffee?

(If you don't hear back from me know I was struck by lightning. Justifiably so.)

If I haven't been struck by lightening, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

... As I replied to Luddly Neddite's comment where he stated I was leaping into the breach...

Actually, I said I was leaping into the breach.

Enjoy your coffee - it sounds delicious.

God told me to urinate in a coffee can and pour it on the neighbor's car. It wasn't until years later that I understood the purpose, but it was profound. Changed my life.

One person wakes up in the morning opens his Book and reads for a half and hour, prays, has breakfast, kisses partner, walks outside and pours piss on neighbors car. Another person wakes up in the morning read the back of cereal box while eating breakfast, kisses partner, walks outside to the car. Two people standing outside, each standing beside their car. A bus to the land of the other, shiny side with one seat left pulls up. Cereal boxes are as good as Books when one is not using their free will to harm others.

If I haven't been struck by lightening, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

If I was drinking crappy coffee He would have been doing me a favor, which was not the point.

I was attacked by a swarm of insects once. Luckily they were 'unarmed', so to speak. Apparently some questions are best left unasked.

Coffee was very good this morning, thanks.

(Why were you leaping into the breach?)

If I was drinking crappy coffee He would have been doing me a favor, which was not the point.

I was attacked by a swarm of insects once. Luckily they were 'unarmed', so to speak. Apparently some questions are best left unasked.

... cuz it was there ...

... cuz it was there ...

Still not getting it. And why is it I not the least bit surprised you showed up when you did?

Forum List

Back