...And on top of everything marijuana is now legal in Washington State

I'm ok with gays getting married as long as they are heavily taxed for the privilege. We can't go around giving people anything for free now can we?

Sure, as long as those taxes are leveraged the same as everyone else. :)

Unfortunately, while it is now legal for gays to marry in Washington state, they aren't subject to the same marriage tax penalty the rest of us are....kind of not equal, isn't it?

Same reason I don't like drinking, or smoking as a whole.

The question is -- do you like the prohibition? Making drugs illegal creates all sort of problems, starting with organized crime -- just as the prohibition did. And yes, you have to enjoy these responsibly, be it beer or weed.

I wish it was possible, but I know historically it is not.

As it happens, many Schedule I drugs are not addictive and generally much less dangerous than alcohol. Those are marijuana, Ecstasy and other psychedelics, like LSD.

Some drugs are highly addictive and dangerous -- but they are popular because they are relatively easy to get. And because once kids figure out that they were lied about marijuana being addictive, they think that trying meth or heroin would not be that bad either.

I'm ok with gays getting married as long as they are heavily taxed for the privilege. We can't go around giving people anything for free now can we?

But do you get his point? An activity should either be legal - and government should be protecting our right to do it and NOT impeding it. Or, it should be illegal outright. This practice we've adopted of allowing questionable activity as long as we get to control it and have a piece of the action is deeply hypocritical and undermines the rule of law.

The world does not operate on Black and White.

Anyone who is for drug use is dumb, anyone who is for putting people in jail for using or having drugs is dumber.

But do you get his point? An activity should either be legal - and government should be protecting our right to do it and NOT impeding it. Or, it should be illegal outright. This practice we've adopted of allowing questionable activity as long as we get to control it and have a piece of the action is deeply hypocritical and undermines the rule of law.

The world does not operate on Black and White.

What?

So, this sounds like good news. Until you read quotes like ...

One ounce of marijuana will be legal as of Dec. 6, and the state will begin a year-long process of creating a closed, tightly regulated and heavily taxed market for recreational marijuana sales at state-licensed retail shops.

Whadya bet they outlaw personal cultivation? Profits must prevail!!
The "personal cultivation" of beverage alcohol (except for beer) is illegal, which is redundant because the ready availability of high quality booze at reasonable cost makes moonshining impractical for most users. While there still are some who distill their own booze there will be some who grow their own marijuana. But unless prices are prohibitive the majority will prefer to buy it from authorized vendors, where superior quality products (moonshiners can't make Remy Martin) and a greater variety will be available.

As with the Repeal of alcohol prohibition, once the federal marijuana laws are eliminated it won't be long before people will be wondering why it ever was illegal.

The only thing about the gay marriage bill is I wish it had a clause that now that you have equal rights you can't have your Act Out or Gay Pride Parades anymore. Those are some sick stuff. I know gays that even stay away from those.

I saw 2 dudes ass reaming each other in an alley one night after that bullshit was in my city. sick fucks

It looks like our state marijuana bill here in Washington State which completely legalizes it at the state level is going to pass tonight. If I'm not mistaken we're the first state to do this. Also, our gay marriage bill passed tonight. :clap2:

Washington voters have voted to legalize recreational use of marijuana.

Initiative 502 held a commanding lead in initial vote counts, with overwhelming support in King County, and the measure was passing in other urban Puget Sound counties Pierce, Spokane and other counties.

One ounce of marijuana will be legal as of Dec. 6, and the state will begin a year-long process of creating a closed, tightly regulated and heavily taxed market for recreational marijuana sales at state-licensed retail shops.

Marijuana legalization was passed in Colorado, based on an analysis by the Associated Press.

Neither state measure affects the federal ban on marijuana, creating a conflict that could potentially be resolved in court.

Voters agree to legalize pot | Politics Northwest | Seattle Times
2012 Washington state election results | Politics | The Seattle Times

Damn I wish I lived there. If I can sell my farm, I will. ANybody want 43 acres and a house?

I don't really like the idea of the drug for recreational use being allowed. [...]
Why?

Because who the hell wants to walk down the street knowing that half the people are stoners?
If you lived in The Netherlands, where marijuana has been decriminalized since 1976 and is virtually legal for adult consumption, would you have a problem walking down the streets of Amsterdam?

If you think so, then the problem resides in your personal bias. Do you, or does someone close to you, have a problem with some recreational substance?

The only thing about the gay marriage bill is I wish it had a clause that now that you have equal rights you can't have your Act Out or Gay Pride Parades anymore. Those are some sick stuff. I know gays that even stay away from those.

I saw 2 dudes ass reaming each other in an alley one night after that bullshit was in my city. sick fucks

LMFAO, But yet you watched long enough to know exactly what they were doing.UMMMM

Because who the hell wants to walk down the street knowing that half the people are stoners?

That's exactly what it's like up in Vancouver, BC. And the thousands of homeless people all seem to have weed too.
First, the word, "stoner," is nondescript. So please be more specific about what you mean. And are you talking about the entire city of Vancouver or just certain depressed areas?

Re: the homeless population, that is a social problem -- not a marijuana problem. And if you're inclined to believe marijuana is somehow responsible for the homelessness, or somehow associated with it, consider The Netherlands example where marijuana is decriminalized and readily available to the adult population. Homelessness is virtually non-existent there.

Up in Washington I sure hope that they at least fine the hell out of stoned drivers.
I agree. DUI is a serious offense and should be dealt with severely.

Soon drugs will be legal everywhere. We are a nation of drug addicted degenerates, we make our livings preying on one another. Four years ago it was joked that we'd have an economy based on flipping one another's burgers and cutting one another's hair. That's too ambitious today. The economy will be mugging one another and robbing one another's homes.

That's exactly what it's like up in Vancouver, BC. And the thousands of homeless people all seem to have weed too.
First, the word, "stoner," is nondescript. So please be more specific about what you mean. And are you talking about the entire city of Vancouver or just certain depressed areas?

Re: the homeless population, that is a social problem -- not a marijuana problem. And if you're inclined to believe marijuana is somehow responsible for the homelessness, or somehow associated with it, consider The Netherlands example where marijuana is decriminalized and readily available to the adult population. Homelessness is virtually non-existent there.

Up in Washington I sure hope that they at least fine the hell out of stoned drivers.
I agree. DUI is a serious offense and should be dealt with severely.

Even the Netherlands doesn't want to feed their drug addicted homeless anymore.

Dutch Budget Cuts Endanger Care for Homeless Addicts - Video Dailymotion

It looks like our state marijuana bill here in Washington State which completely legalizes it at the state level is going to pass tonight. If I'm not mistaken we're the first state to do this. Also, our gay marriage bill passed tonight. :clap2:

Washington voters have voted to legalize recreational use of marijuana.

Initiative 502 held a commanding lead in initial vote counts, with overwhelming support in King County, and the measure was passing in other urban Puget Sound counties Pierce, Spokane and other counties.

Marijuana legalization was passed in Colorado, based on an analysis by the Associated Press.

Neither state measure affects the federal ban on marijuana, creating a conflict that could potentially be resolved in court.

Voters agree to legalize pot | Politics Northwest | Seattle Times
2012 Washington state election results | Politics | The Seattle Times

Damn I wish I lived there. If I can sell my farm, I will. ANybody want 43 acres and a house?

My husband does want to retire, maybe we could make a trade?

There is some serious DUI issues in the bill as well as a 25% tax. Plus there's no wording on growing and there's some vague things in the bill I found frightening. Right now with it having a quasi-legal status the black market has gone fairly public here in Seattle resulting in a golden age on the cannabis market here. With it going legal and heavily taxed I fear the golden age of the market in Seattle right now will slowly die away in the next few years. Still pretty cool to have marijuana legal in the state and soon there'll be cannabis stores and markets.

Well, my wife and I voted yes on our marijuana bill. It didn't pass but we really didn't care either way. Voting "yes" just seemed like the fun thing to do today :) I'm pleased to hear that they have covered the driving while under the influence thing. Gratz on you're presidential win BTW, may it bring some much need prosperity to all of us.

How did they "cover" the DUI thing? I'm all in favor, but thought there is STILL no way to test how influenced by marijuana a driver actually is......

Last edited:
I don't really like the idea of the drug for recreational use being allowed. But the gay marriage thing is awesome!

It's already widely used recreationally, but now law enforcement and criminal justice systems in your state will be able to focus their efforts on violent offenders...which, considering things in Washington state right now, will likely be a good thing.

I'm in LA County, California. It's already pretty much legal here.
Marijuana was informally decriminalized throughout the seventies in New York City, meaning the police were told to avoid wasting resources on minor marijuana arrests.

Back then there were head shops all over, Sears and JC Penney sold bongs, pipes, and screens in their smokers' shops. There were coffee shops in Greenwich Village where people would light up and chat quite openly and no one paid any attention. Possession of up to one ounce was a summons offense and was subject to a $25 fine. There were no "narcs" conducting surveillances and raids but laws against large quantity sale, public use, distribution to minors, etc., were enforced.

Then came Ronald Reagan and his pill-junkie wife, the entire mood of the City changed, and the crime rate increased dramatically.

Last edited:
Well, my wife and I voted yes on our marijuana bill. It didn't pass but we really didn't care either way. Voting "yes" just seemed like the fun thing to do today :) I'm pleased to hear that they have covered the driving while under the influence thing. Gratz on you're presidential win BTW, may it bring some much need prosperity to all of us.
The same DUI laws naturally apply to marijuana.

One possible problem might exist in the fact that, unlike for alcohol DUI, there are no conclusive field sobriety tests for immediate determination of recent marijuana use. But the compensating factor is those who drive under the influence of marijuana are not nearly as impaired as those who are drunk. In fact, as any experienced police officer will attest, the most common problem with drivers who are stoned on marijuana is they drive too slow. :eusa_angel:

So now the Gays that get married in Washington can smoke weed at the wedding while the preacher read the vows?
Even if that were true, which is extremely unlikely, how would it affect you? Are you at all concerned about the innate immorality of marijuana prohibition, which has ruined millions of lives and has served no interest other than those of the major traffickers and the corrupt politicians who facilitate them.

If homosexuals wish to marry -- let them!

If adults wish to enjoy the effects of marijuana, and their doing so harms no one -- let them!

Focus on the real problems in our society.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back