And when only the police have guns....and decide the cartels pay better..they kill innocent people..

You blame guns. I blame uncontrolled anger. Any weapon will do when one wants to kill another. Take away one, another will be found. It's been going on since mankind discovered blunt force trauma and spears.

Bullshit. We have 11,000 gun deaths a year. The Japanese have 11. The British hae 48. The germans (who actually restrict gun ownership to RESPONSIBLE citizens) have 268.

Less guns = less murders, less suicides and less accidents. It also leads to less crime.
I would ask WHY, but I know WHY LIBERALS LIE IN HE FACE OF OPPOSING FACTS!

Where gun laws are more restrictive, crime rates are higher. Where guns laws are less restrictive, crime rates are lower.

You are a typical liberal...a chronic LIAR!

That is sometimes true. Link?
Read before you reply!

Gun Control Myths and Realities Cato Institute

4. States that allow registered citizens to carry concealed weapons have lower crime rates than those that don’t.

True. The 31 states that have “shall issue” laws allowing private citizens to carry concealed weapons have, on average, a 24 percent lower violent crime rate, a 19 percent lower murder rate and a 39 percent lower robbery rate than states that forbid concealed weapons. In fact, the nine states with the lowest violent crime rates are all right-to-carry states. Remarkably, guns are used for self-defense more than 2 million times a year, three to five times the estimated number of violent crimes committed with guns.

1. Thousands of children die annually in gun accidents.

False. Gun accidents involving children are actually at record lows, although you wouldn’t know it from listening to the mainstream media. In 1997, the last year for which data are available, only 142 children under 15 years of age died in gun accidents, and the total number of gun-related deaths for this age group was 642. More children die each year in accidents involving bikes, space heaters or drownings. The often repeated claim that 12 children per day die from gun violence includes “children” up to 20 years of age, the great majority of whom are young adult males who die in gang-related violence.

Murder and homicide rates before and after gun bans - Crime Prevention Research Center crimeresearch.org

Murder and homicide rates before and after gun bans
UPDATE: An interview that John Lott had on this post on Cam & Company isavailable here (SiriusXM Channel 125).

Original post: Every place that has been banned guns has seen murder rates go up. You cannot point to one place where murder rates have fallen, whether it’s Chicago or D.C. or even island nations such as England, Jamaica, or Ireland.

For an example of homicide rates before and after a ban, take the case of the handgun ban in England and Wales in January 1997 (source here see Table 1.01 and the column marked “Offences currently recorded as homicide per million population”). After the ban, clearly homicide rates bounce around over time, but there is only one year (2010) where the homicide rate is lower than it was in 1996. The immediate effect was about a 50 percent increase in homicide rates. The homicide rate only began falling when there was a large increase in the number of police officers during 2003 and 2004. Despite thehugeincreasein the number of police, the murder rate still remained slightly higher than the immediate pre-ban rate.

Cato? They are a right winger group proven wrong often.

You blame guns. I blame uncontrolled anger. Any weapon will do when one wants to kill another. Take away one, another will be found. It's been going on since mankind discovered blunt force trauma and spears.

Bullshit. We have 11,000 gun deaths a year. The Japanese have 11. The British hae 48. The germans (who actually restrict gun ownership to RESPONSIBLE citizens) have 268.

Less guns = less murders, less suicides and less accidents. It also leads to less crime.

Where gun laws are more restrictive, crime rates are higher. Where guns laws are less restrictive, crime rates are lower.

Louisiana has the highest homicide rate in the country. They are far from having the strictest gun control...

a typical false dichotomy of the Right. there is no substitute for a well regulated militia.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

A well regulated militia is sort of hard to carry around with you to stop a violent criminal......carrying a cop around with you would weigh less.......so yeah....a pistol is a great substitute for a well regulated miiltia....
Why are we paying regulars for a War on Crime, Drugs, Poverty, and Terror, if all we need is the populace keeping and bearing their Arms for the Good of the State.

Because citizens aren't crime fighters.....and hopefully only use their second Amendment freedoms if they are criminally attacked or have to resist a government or it's agents that are out of control.....

Louisiana has the highest homicide rate in the country. They are far from having the strictest gun control...

Cherry picking...and Chicago and Washington D.C. have the strictest gun control and has some of the highest gun murder rates in the country.....

Cherry picking...and Chicago and Washington D.C. have the strictest gun control and has some of the highest gun murder rates in the country.....

My point was what he is saying is only sometimes true making his statements false. CA has most gun control but not the worst crime rates.

Why would you do that........considering that the NRA is the only group offering programs to actually keep kids safe....while the anti-gun nut organizations use dead kids to promote their fear of guns..........

The only one talking about shooting people with relish is you joe....you need to get help....

Uh, yeah, sorry, guy, putting 300 million guns out there is not keeping kids safe.

It's kind of like throwing a kid into a nest of rattlesnakes and then saying, "Here's how you treat snakebite, little Billy!"

Cherry picking...and Chicago and Washington D.C. have the strictest gun control and has some of the highest gun murder rates in the country....

Which is why you need a national ban. Kind of pointless for DC to have a ban when you can drive right up to the gun store that sold Cho enough ammo to take out 30 of his schoolmates and didnt' bat an eye.

When you state statistics at least try to put them in context.
Louisiana has New Orleans (the murder capital) ... And it isn't a bunch of gun toting rightwingers killing each other.
I mean crap, get a grip ... When the Crips, Bloods and other gangs tried to move into New Orleans, they were gunned down so quick they never gave it another thought.

Louisiana has New Orleans (the murder capital) ... And it isn't a bunch of gun toting rightwingers killing each other.
I mean crap, get a grip ... When the Crips, Bloods and other gangs tried to move into New Orleans, they were gunned down so quick they never gave it another thought.

So you are saying it's not about gun laws. I agree. Gun laws do not create criminals.

So you are saying it's not about gun laws. I agree. Gun laws do not create criminals.

Yeah ... I think it is safe to say they don't mind shooting folks in New Orleans.
Just another Democrat Hell-Hole ... You know they lead the nation in teen pregnancy as well.

If it wasn't for Mardi Gras, we would probably sell it to Mississippi.

Cherry picking...and Chicago and Washington D.C. have the strictest gun control and has some of the highest gun murder rates in the country....

Which is why you need a national ban. Kind of pointless for DC to have a ban when you can drive right up to the gun store that sold Cho enough ammo to take out 30 of his schoolmates and didnt' bat an eye.

Except....there are other cities with looser gun laws that don't have D.Cs gun violence.....and they can buy guns in those cities...they don't have to drive out of state, the gun stores are,right there........

No, gun laws make criminals out of regular citizens....

Why would you do that........considering that the NRA is the only group offering programs to actually keep kids safe....while the anti-gun nut organizations use dead kids to promote their fear of guns..........

The only one talking about shooting people with relish is you joe....you need to get help....

Uh, yeah, sorry, guy, putting 300 million guns out there is not keeping kids safe.

It's kind of like throwing a kid into a nest of rattlesnakes and then saying, "Here's how you treat snakebite, little Billy!"

You do realize that accidental gun deaths of kids is under 100 a year...right...and all accidental gun deaths are about 6-700 a year...and in 2013 there were only 505 accidental gun deaths....in a country of over 320 million people....right? With over 320 million guns in private hands...right? Cars can't keep people that safe.....

Read before you reply!

4. States that allow registered citizens to carry concealed weapons have lower crime rates than those that don’t.

True. The 31 states that have “shall issue” laws allowing private citizens to carry concealed weapons have, on average, a 24 percent lower violent crime rate, a 19 percent lower murder rate and a 39 percent lower robbery rate than states that forbid concealed weapons. In fact, the nine states with the lowest violent crime rates are all right-to-carry states. Remarkably, guns are used for self-defense more than 2 million times a year, three to five times the estimated number of violent crimes committed with guns.

False. Gun accidents involving children are actually at record lows, although you wouldn’t know it from listening to the mainstream media. In 1997, the last year for which data are available, only 142 children under 15 years of age died in gun accidents, and the total number of gun-related deaths for this age group was 642. More children die each year in accidents involving bikes, space heaters or drownings. The often repeated claim that 12 children per day die from gun violence includes “children” up to 20 years of age, the great majority of whom are young adult males who die in gang-related violence.

Murder and homicide rates before and after gun bans - Crime Prevention Research Center crimeresearch.org

UPDATE: An interview that John Lott had on this post on Cam & Company isavailable here (SiriusXM Channel 125).

Original post: Every place that has been banned guns has seen murder rates go up. You cannot point to one place where murder rates have fallen, whether it’s Chicago or D.C. or even island nations such as England, Jamaica, or Ireland.

For an example of homicide rates before and after a ban, take the case of the handgun ban in England and Wales in January 1997 (source here see Table 1.01 and the column marked “Offences currently recorded as homicide per million population”). After the ban, clearly homicide rates bounce around over time, but there is only one year (2010) where the homicide rate is lower than it was in 1996. The immediate effect was about a 50 percent increase in homicide rates. The homicide rate only began falling when there was a large increase in the number of police officers during 2003 and 2004. Despite thehugeincreasein the number of police, the murder rate still remained slightly higher than the immediate pre-ban rate.

Might know you'd dismiss the content based on the source. What a typical fucking brain dead liberal you are. You and that asshat JoeB couldn't argue without lies. I'm done here with you children.

Read before you reply!

Might know you'd dismiss the content based on the source. What a typical fucking brain dead liberal you are. You and that asshat JoeB couldn't argue without lies. I'm done here with you children.

More importantly the info is wrong.

Except....there are other cities with looser gun laws that don't have D.Cs gun violence.....and they can buy guns in those cities...they don't have to drive out of state, the gun stores are,right there........

Which is why local gun laws are kind of useless.

We need a NATIONAL GUN law. More importantly, we need to disabuse ourselves of this notion that gun ownership is a "right" because 200 years ago, a bunch of slave rapists couldn't write a militia amendment coherently.

A country where Jared Loughner and James Holmes have a "right" to a gun is insane.

You do realize that accidental gun deaths of kids is under 100 a year...right...and all accidental gun deaths are about 6-700 a year...and in 2013 there were only 505 accidental gun deaths....in a country of over 320 million people....right? With over 320 million guns in private hands...right? Cars can't keep people that safe.....

Only 100 is too many if one of them is yours.

Only 100 is too many if one of them is yours.

all of them are tragic.....but if you use 100 as too many and then we need to ban all guns.......cars are the leading cause of death for teenagers...do we ban those as well...and accidental gun deaths 505....accidental car deaths 2013....34,000......

We need a NATIONAL GUN law. More importantly, we need to disabuse ourselves of this notion that gun ownership is a "right" because 200 years ago, a bunch of slave rapists couldn't write a militia amendment coherently.

A country where Jared Loughner and James Holmes have a "right" to a gun is insane.

Yeah....France, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark all have national gun laws....in France, you can't even buy a gun at a gun store let alone fully automatic military rifles, hand grenades and pistols and a rocket propelled grenade.....and 3 terrorists, two of whom were on a government terrorist watch list and one of whom was a convcited criminal....got all of that and crossed an international border 2 times to do it...

And it isn't just terrorists......the same week as the cartoonist murder, masked gunmen with fully automatic military rifles shot up a neighborhood in Marseilles, France just before the Prime Minister was going to give a speech about crime......

Gun laws do not stop criminals from getting guns.........they only stop law abiding citizens from getting them...and law abiding citizens aren't the ones racking up 8-9,000 gun murders a year in our inner cities........

Background checks, magazine limits, weapon bans, and registration do not stop criminals.......catching criminals using guns to commit crimes, or catching convicted criminals in mere possession of guns and locking them all up is how you stop and reduce gun crirme....nothing else works.....

Yeah....France, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark all have national gun laws....in France, you can't even buy a gun at a gun store let alone fully automatic military rifles, hand grenades and pistols and a rocket propelled grenade.....and 3 terrorists, two of whom were on a government terrorist watch list and one of whom was a convcited criminal....got all of that and crossed an international border 2 times to do it...

And it isn't just terrorists......the same week as the cartoonist murder, masked gunmen with fully automatic military rifles shot up a neighborhood in Marseilles, France just before the Prime Minister was going to give a speech about crime......

Gun laws do not stop criminals from getting guns.........they only stop law abiding citizens from getting them...and law abiding citizens aren't the ones racking up 8-9,000 gun murders a year in our inner cities........

Background checks, magazine limits, weapon bans, and registration do not stop criminals.......catching criminals using guns to commit crimes, or catching convicted criminals in mere possession of guns and locking them all up is how you stop and reduce gun crirme....nothing else works.....

The countries you mention have low homicide and gun crime rates. Just because there are a few exceptions does not mean it doesn't make it much harder for criminals to get guns.

Forum List

Back