And you want $15 an hour?

When was the last time we doubled the minimum wage?

Oh yeah, never before. You are naive in the extreme.

Now "doubling the wage" is what we are discussing? Your comments only apply to doubling the wage? Is that a fact?

What is your take on raising it to $10? $12? Will those cause rampant inflation too?

Please.......let's not play this game in every thread.

Since you can't keep track of a discussion you are involved in, let me assist you:

YOU claimed that there is no evidence that raising the MW has led to inflation. Now ignoring the very real fact and logic that says "absence of proof is not proof if absence", I must instead point out that doubling the MW will quite necessarily increase inflation. Do you understand yet? Small increases maybe won't, but a doubling will. If you cannot understand that then you can't be helped.

Prove it. Please.

Now "doubling the wage" is what we are discussing? Your comments only apply to doubling the wage? Is that a fact?

What is your take on raising it to $10? $12? Will those cause rampant inflation too?

Please.......let's not play this game in every thread.

Since you can't keep track of a discussion you are involved in, let me assist you:

YOU claimed that there is no evidence that raising the MW has led to inflation. Now ignoring the very real fact and logic that says "absence of proof is not proof if absence", I must instead point out that doubling the MW will quite necessarily increase inflation. Do you understand yet? Small increases maybe won't, but a doubling will. If you cannot understand that then you can't be helped.

Prove it. Please.

I shouldn't have to prove it but apparently you can't be helped. It explains why you are a democrat.

Prove it. Please.

I shouldn't have to prove it but apparently you can't be helped. It explains why you are a democrat.

I'm not a Democrat.

How about supporting your claims. I said please.

Prove it. Please.

I'm not a Democrat.

1. Yes you are.
2. You've proven yourself to be unable to understand difficult discussions.
3. Your belief in the goodness of raising the minimum wage speaks ill of your untelligence.
4. I'm too lazy to go into a fruitless discussion.

I'm not a Democrat.

1. Yes you are.
2. You've proven yourself to be unable to understand difficult discussions.
3. Your belief in the goodness of raising the minimum wage speaks ill of your untelligence.
4. I'm too lazy to go into a fruitless discussion.

Nice...."untelligence"! That is the funniest thing you have ever said.....and it was a typo! That must suck.

Happy is the business that has no employees; only robots (vending machines). Machines aren't subject to minimum wage, Obamatax, unionization or pregnancy leave. But I'm sure Obama has dreams.....more dreams....

I've said this before. You don't want vending machines, don't use them. Our local Albertson's finally did away with their self check out because we patrons wouldn't use them.

Happy is the business that has no employees; only robots (vending machines). Machines aren't subject to minimum wage, Obamatax, unionization or pregnancy leave. But I'm sure Obama has dreams.....more dreams....

I've said this before. You don't want vending machines, don't use them. Our local Albertson's finally did away with their self check out because we patrons wouldn't use them.

I love the self check outs. I am faster than any cashier and I pack my groceries better than any bag boy.

Lets keep them at 8.10 an hr so they stay below the poverty line so they qualify for gov assistance so we can continue subsidizing McDonalds and all the other bottom paying employers.

No it won't.

Lets say you have 100 employees making 10 an hour making your payroll 160K a month. MW is raised to the proposed 15 an hour your payroll is now 240K a month.

But hey no big deal right you get to write off the additional 80K right?

But how much is that write off actually worth?

If you are in the 28% bracket the write off is worth 22,400 so you still show a loss over the previous month of 57,600

This assumes of course that none of your suppliers raised their prices to cover the increase in their payrolls.

So you see write offs don't smooth any ruffled feathers because all other things being equal a larger write off still means higher expenses and therefore less profit.
Your post is a gross exaggeration. The average pay in Seattle is over $50,000/yr, $25/hr.

Where did I say this hypothetical example was supposed to reflect Seattle?

It's an example of how a write off still means a loss.
Since the topic is a minimum wage increase in Seattle and you didn't say it was a hypothetical example to show how to write off a wage expense, I though it was suppose to be applicable to the topic.

Last edited:
I avoid one of the local groceries because they don't have them, it is way faster unless I'm buying an entire cart full of stuff with lots of fruits/veggies that don't have the code sticker on them.

I avoid one of the local groceries because they don't have them, it is way faster unless I'm buying an entire cart full of stuff with lots of fruits/veggies that don't have the code sticker on them.

I use the scanners every chance I get, it is quicker and easier.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

No, the last President to raise the effective tax rate was Reagan, he cut the taxes but also ended many deductions. Later Presidents allowed them back in. Lower the rate, cut the types and many deductions back and you raise the effective tax rate. By shifting deductions and lowering the tax rates, you can lead businesses back to this country and help with the job market.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Reagan 'raised the effective rate'?

I've posted links for you before in other threads, apparently being the smart guy you are, failed to follow the links or you have poor reading comprehension.

He cut the tax rates, closed deductions and raised the effective rate. If I thought it would help I'd post the links again. However, with a partisan pretender such as yourself, it would be a waste of my time.

Reagan raised taxes directly on the middle class eleven times, while cutting taxes for the rich.

Nonsense.

Sorry chuckles, it's fact. Planning and directing is a bosses ONLY job.

No, it's nonsense. Your ignorant insistence that it isn't doesn't change anything. I go to McDonald's for the French fries, not the service. I go to Home Depot for the tools and supplies, not the people, I go to the movies for the show, not the ticket taker.

Who cares why you go there. The employees at McDonalds, Home Depot, and the movies make all the money for the company.

I haven see a grocery store in years that didn't have them.

Forum List

Back