And you want $15 an hour?

MW jobs are not really affected by high turn over because there is very little skill needed that's why they are MW jobs.
Both employees and employers are effected by turnover. Every time employees leaves, other employees have to cover for them until replacements are found. When new employees are added shifts and work assignments often must change to accommodate the new workers.

For employers, it means time spent interviewing, training, and dealing with personnel problems that result from the change in work and personal dynamics. High turnover means less productivity and the lower the wages the higher the turnover.

I have yet to see a MW wage job that requires much training if any.

MW workers are not paid more because the job the do is worth the least in the business. And a new employee gets the schedule they get there is little accommodation made for a MW employee. If they don't like the hours they get then they can find another job. That's the way it always worked when i was new on a job.

Your point may hold true for higher paid positions but not for MW jobs a they are the least valuable
I don't disagree with your statement that MW jobs don't require much training. However, I have to take issue with your statement that minimum wage jobs are the least valuable. Paying only enough to support a miserable life style certainly sends that message to the employee. The employer pays as little as possible and the employee does as little work as possible. A recipe that benefits neither employee or employer. For small businesses, the quality of those low paid workers often make the difference between success and failure and you don't get good workers paying starvation wages.

Last edited:
Simply paying the people more that are currently at minimum wage will not necessary make them better employees.
If you pay more than minimum wage you can demand more from your employees because you have the option of replacing them with more capable people. Costco, Trader Joes, and a number of other companies have learned this.

People that are living on starvation wages rarely make good employees. The results are high turnover and poor employee moral.

Simply paying the people more that are currently at minimum wage will not necessary make them better employees.
If you pay more than minimum wage you can demand more from your employees because you have the option of replacing them with more capable people. Costco, Trader Joes, and a number of other companies have learned this.

People that are living on starvation wages rarely make good employees. The results are high turnover and poor employee moral.

Those people need to step up and take control of there own lives. This blame the employer mentality needs to stop. If a person gets a job and works his ass off he will not stay at minimum wage for long. Gosh darn, show a little bit of ambition. When hired for a job to begin with, ask about opportunities for advancement and the steps needed to advance. If the people on "starvation wages" are not good employees it is there own damn fault and that's why the stay on those starvation wages. They are lucky to have a job at all it they live by the mentality of doing as little as possible to get by on the job.

Most jobs pay more than min wage! People who go out and prove themselves will get those jobs.

Assume much?

I said my friend OWNS a vet clinic not that he is a vet.

The she/he failed as an owner.

Pray tell oh business sage how do you know that?

I didn't speak of any problems I merely outlined the decision making process of buying an expensive piece of equipment.

The fact that you can't see that reinforces my assertion that you don't know shit about business.

It's a business decision fail. Why farm stuff out when you can BE the farm? An equipment lease for $100k is about $3K/month. One could create enough business by accepting outside business to pay the lease and offer customers full service.

I didn't speak of any problems I merely outlined the decision making process of buying an expensive piece of equipment.

The fact that you can't see that reinforces my assertion that you don't know shit about business.

It's a business decision fail. Why farm stuff out when you can BE the farm? An equipment lease for $100k is about $3K/month. One could create enough business by accepting outside business to pay the lease and offer customers full service.

Because some businesses want to focus on certain aspects. As businesses grow they look where they want to go and what to specialize and what to farm out. You don't buy to buy.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

He's not farming out x rays you idiot.

And he did buy the ultrasound.

But again since you know nothing about the vet business you obviously don't know that most small clinics do not have their own ultra sound machines just like most doctors' offices don't.

As the demand and acceptance of ultrasound has risen as his business has grown it now becomes a better decision to have an ultrasound machine

Both employees and employers are effected by turnover. Every time employees leaves, other employees have to cover for them until replacements are found. When new employees are added shifts and work assignments often must change to accommodate the new workers.

For employers, it means time spent interviewing, training, and dealing with personnel problems that result from the change in work and personal dynamics. High turnover means less productivity and the lower the wages the higher the turnover.

MW workers are not paid more because the job the do is worth the least in the business. And a new employee gets the schedule they get there is little accommodation made for a MW employee. If they don't like the hours they get then they can find another job. That's the way it always worked when i was new on a job.

Your point may hold true for higher paid positions but not for MW jobs a they are the least valuable
I don't disagree with your statement that MW jobs don't require much training. However, I have to take issue with your statement that minimum wage jobs are the least valuable. Paying only enough to support a miserable life style certainly sends that message to the employee. The employer pays as little as possible and the employee does as little work as possible. A recipe that benefits neither employee or employer. For small businesses, the quality of those low paid workers often make the difference between success and failure and you don't get good workers paying starvation wages.

The lifestyle of an employee is not the problem of the employer.

The job is the job and the pay is based on the value of the task not the person doing it. If a person wants to make more then it is his responsibility to learn how to do a task that is worth more.

Your scenario only happens when you are paying above minimum wage.

The job is the job and the pay is based on the value of the task not the person doing it. If a person wants to make more then it is his responsibility to learn how to do a task that is worth more.
The ability of the employees to provide for themselves and their family may not be the responsibility of the employer, but it certainly effects productivity in the workplace which is the employer's responsible.

The ability of the employees to provide for themselves and their family may not be the responsibility of the employer, but it certainly effects productivity in the workplace which is the employer's responsible.

Are you familiar with the Peter Principle?

People who are satisfied with a MW job will never be overly productive.

"
People who are satisfied with a MW job will never be overly productive. "

There may be some truth to this statement. One must get training and find a way to stick it to their employers in search of a better job. One cannot afford a vehicle, to feed themselves, or pay the utilities on a MW job. It isn't possible. So, go out, get a college education, and then walk out with notice once you have secured a better job. Then you are sticking it to your employer a little. Feels great.

"
People who are satisfied with a MW job will never be overly productive. "

There may be some truth to this statement. One must get training and find a way to stick it to their employers in search of a better job. One cannot afford a vehicle, to feed themselves, or pay the utilities on a MW job. It isn't possible. So, go out, get a college education, and then walk out with notice once you have secured a better job. Then you are sticking it to your employer a little. Feels great.

Sometimes the employers will help the employees seeking higher education stick it to 'em.

https://www.scholarships.com/financ...ds-usa-national-employee-scholarship-program/

People who are satisfied with a MW job will never be overly productive.
I wouldn't know. I've never met anyone who was satisfied with living in poverty.

Those people need to step up and take control of there own lives.
And that is a conservative's stock answer for all social problems. Take control of your life and take responsibility. What never seems to dawn on conservatives is the inability of many poor people to do just that, which is why their lives are in such a wreck. A descent MW will not solve all the problems of the poor but it will open avenues for many to improve their lives and the lives of their families. When that happens, we all benefit.

Last edited:
The liberal's stock answer to all social problems? Give 'em handouts. BIG handouts. Fancy handouts. Free Cell phones! ATM cards to trade for booze or drugs. More! Free! So long as they agree to vote the liberal way. Even if they're illegals. No. Especially if they're illegals.

The liberal's stock answer to all social problems? Give 'em handouts. BIG handouts. Fancy handouts. Free Cell phones! ATM cards to trade for booze or drugs. More! Free! So long as they agree to vote the liberal way. Even if they're illegals. No. Especially if they're illegals.
You seem to be well versed in right wing propaganda.

The phone thing was Ronald Reagan. If you were an American Citizen you'd know that.

Forum List

Back