Andrea Mitchell says affirmative action does NOT harm whites!!!!!

Come on flacaltenn. Nothing has been rectified when blacks still make less than whites and have 15 times less wealth.

Yet I'm sure that YOU being the Big Govt Progressive type -- are totally in favor of the Estate Tax. Which ROBS the newly rich Black families of a legacy that give their KIDS and relations "a leg up" and fix some of that wealth inequality. It's OKEY DOKEY with you -- for Uncle Sam to take 1/2 or more of what Venus/Serena accumulate when they die. Or James Earl Jones or Neil Degraffe Tyson or B.H. Obama for that matter.

The economic gap is also an ACHIEVEMENT gap. Needs A LOT of work. Blowing off academics because it's "too white" is a problem that needs to be addressed.

You cannot write CHECKS from Wash DC and fix this..

The estate tax only goes to the very top and about 98 percent of all US families don't benefit from it. The only blacks that may benefit from this are Oprah Winfreys kids and I don't think she has any. Lack of support for the estate tax alone would not the cause for the great inequality in wealth between blacks and whites.

Now the estate tax has nothing to d with affirmative action. What is BS is your claim that whites have not been recipients of historical Affirmative Action programs. There can be no rational discussion with someone who ignores 200 years of documented history to make such an assertion.

Only whites talk about how we blow off academics because its too white. I have a masters degree so I know that's not the case. The economic gap was created by racist policies that denied us the opportunity to achieve. But you are someone who wants to ignore all of this in the hope that you can find something, anything that can show you racism didn't do it.

I hate to tell you but you are not going to fix the damage caused by fucking white racism over a 241 year span of time for free.

Andrea Mitchell has seen more of this world than you or I. Andrea Mitchell has spoken to and learned from interviewing historically significant people. Andrea Mitchell has seen more of what has created problems around the world than you or I as well. Andrea Mitchel is right. You aren't.

BENEFIT??? From being raped by the Fed Govt? :badgrin:

If you want WEALTH ACCUMULATION and parity --- You need to be concerned how wealth IS STRIPPED from newly wealthy Black Families. Don't CARE if they are 2% of 12% ---- THAT'S where the numbers are created...

Come on flacaltenn. Nothing has been rectified when blacks still make less than whites and have 15 times less wealth.

Yet I'm sure that YOU being the Big Govt Progressive type -- are totally in favor of the Estate Tax. Which ROBS the newly rich Black families of a legacy that give their KIDS and relations "a leg up" and fix some of that wealth inequality. It's OKEY DOKEY with you -- for Uncle Sam to take 1/2 or more of what Venus/Serena accumulate when they die. Or James Earl Jones or Neil Degraffe Tyson or B.H. Obama for that matter.

The economic gap is also an ACHIEVEMENT gap. Needs A LOT of work. Blowing off academics because it's "too white" is a problem that needs to be addressed.

The estate tax only goes to the very top and about 98 percent of all US families don't benefit from it. The only blacks that may benefit from this are Oprah Winfreys kids and I don't think she has any. Lack of support for the estate tax alone would not the cause for the great inequality in wealth between blacks and whites.

Now the estate tax has nothing to d with affirmative action. What is BS is your claim that whites have not been recipients of historical Affirmative Action programs. There can be no rational discussion with someone who ignores 200 years of documented history to make such an assertion.

Only whites talk about how we blow off academics because its too white. I have a masters degree so I know that's not the case. The economic gap was created by racist policies that denied us the opportunity to achieve. But you are someone who wants to ignore all of this in the hope that you can find something, anything that can show you racism didn't do it.

I hate to tell you but you are not going to fix the damage caused by fucking white racism over a 241 year span of time for free.

Andrea Mitchell has seen more of this world than you or I. Andrea Mitchell has spoken to and learned from interviewing historically significant people. Andrea Mitchell has seen more of what has created problems around the world than you or I as well. Andrea Mitchel is right. You aren't.

If you want WEALTH ACCUMULATION and parity --- You need to be concerned how wealth IS STRIPPED from newly wealthy Black Families. Don't CARE if they are 2% of 12% ---- THAT'S where the numbers are created...

I don't think you are qualified to be telling me what I need to be worried about pertaining to ANYTHING in the black community. The OP is abut Andrea Mitchells opinion of how AA has not hurt whites. It hasn't. To talk abut this estate tax goes nowhere in the black community when blacks don't qualify for it. LAST you conservatives have economics ass backwards wealth isn't made from the top down.

I refer you to this link:

Unqualfied white man admitted into Harvard over more qualfied blacks

Understand what's being said here. Whites like yourself have gotten what you call AA since at least 1776, But you don't call it that. Therefore you cab make the lunatic comment you made to me the other day about how whites have never historically received AA.

the blueprint for the accumulation of wealth in the black community was lost in the fervor of integrarion. 100s, maybe thousands of black businesses prospered and flourished during the period between 1896 and 1954. It is said that dollars entering the black community back then circulated for a year before returning to the white world. Segregation drove the creation of a system of black banks and financial Institutions that served the black communities, providing capital for segrated black enterprises, farms and businesses. The most notable examples of all of this wealth accumulation materialized in the early twenties in places like Rosewood, Florida or Greenwood, Oklahoma..
Inevitably these shining examples of the black entrepreneurial spirit were , predictably, destroyed by marauding jealous white males, reacting to the
lies of white women falsely purporting sexual assault by a black man. Still, segregation kept black businesses thriving.in many places. That all ended in 1954 when Brown vs. the Topeka Board of Education overturned the separate but equal Doctrine. Some say it was a strategic ploy from wealthy whites who saw a chance to snatch their share of some if not all of the wealth generated in the black community. If that was such a strategy, it worked. Lifting the barrier that restricted blacks from shopping and mingling in white. owned stores resulted in a redistribution of accumulated wealth from black communities. and businesses to White communities and businesses. And yes...the income tax burden on the income of blacks never ceased. Wealth in the black community
Is drained even more as a result. Until
Blacks come together nationally address or to and take note of this dire situation, nothing will change. Poverty will always stalk black masses while a few are allowed to attaim wealth for show. ..to give false hope. But autonomy is the key...some how self determination must be restored.

the blueprint for the accumulation of wealth in the black community was lost in the fervor of integrarion. 100s, maybe thousands of black businesses prospered and flourished during the period between 1896 and 1954. It is said that dollars entering the black community back then circulated for a year before returning to the white world. Segregation drove the creation of a system of black banks and financial Institutions that served the black communities, providing capital for segrated black enterprises, farms and businesses. The most notable examples of all of this wealth accumulation materialized in the early twenties in places like Rosewood, Florida or Greenwood, Oklahoma..
Inevitably these shining examples of the black entrepreneurial spirit were , predictably, destroyed by marauding jealous white males, reacting to the
lies of white women falsely purporting sexual assault by a black man. Still, segregation kept black businesses thriving.in many places. That all ended in 1954 when Brown vs. the Topeka Board of Education overturned the separate but equal Doctrine. Some say it was a strategic ploy from wealthy whites who saw a chance to snatch their share of some if not all of the wealth generated in the black community. If that was such a strategy, it worked. Lifting the barrier that restricted blacks from shopping and mingling in white. owned stores resulted in a redistribution of accumulated wealth from black communities. and businesses to White communities and businesses. And yes...the income tax burden on the income of blacks never ceased. Wealth in the black community
Is drained even more as a result. Until
Blacks come together nationally address or to and take note of this dire situation, nothing will change. Poverty will always stalk black masses while a few are allowed to attaim wealth for show. ..to give false hope. But autonomy is the key...some how self determination must be restored.

All of these things ae veing addressed. There are more black businesses today than during segregation. That is not the problem.

There are more black businesses today than during segregation.
This is the first I've heard of that. You might be right. But rather than engage
you with my personal opinion alone, I will be diplomatic and insert links that best support my premise. That way you and I can remain friends.:lol:

Here is a rebuttal to your claim that there are more black businesses now than during segregation. I will stand in for the author as you defend your claim.
How integration led to the decline of black-owned businesses | Barney Blakeney | Charleston City Paper

"Before integration, black-owned businesses flourished, the guy said. In the past, Morris Street in downtown Charleston, along with Spring and Cannon streets, was a vibrant center of activity for black business. Those businesses flourished because blacks were unwelcome in many white-owned businesses.

A classic example of how integration caused the demise of many black-owned businesses is the former Dee Dex Snack Bar. During the late 1960s and 1970s, integration opened the doors of fast food restaurants like Piggy Park on Rutledge Avenue and the Patio on Spring Street. Until then, Dee Dex Snack Bar had been the premier fast food restaurant for blacks downtown.

The business was originally located on Calhoun Street where Gaillard Auditorium is now. The auditorium's construction displaced the snack bar and drugstore owned by the late Deward Wilson and scores of black families. When the business relocated to Spring Street, its business continued to flourish, but its days were numbered.

The old Brooks Motel, formerly located on Morris Street, is another example of how integration has contributed to decreasing numbers of viable black-owned businesses. Built prior to the signing of the Civil Rights Act into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson in 1967, the motel accommodated most of the civil rights leaders when they came to Charleston, including Dr. Martin L. King, Jr. Today, there's no sign of the motel or Brooks Restaurant, across from the motel on Morris Street. Both were demolished to make way for condominiums, which have displaced not only businesses but also families in the traditionally black neighborhood."

Yeah bullshit.....ever hear those black football players speak?
Are you saying that football players are recipients of AA?

Actually the class/group that uses AA more than any other is white women.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
This is the first I've heard of that. You might be right. But rather than engage
you with my personal opinion alone, I will be diplomatic and insert links that best support my premise. That way you and I can remain friends.:lol:

Here is a rebuttal to your claim that there are more black businesses now than during segregation. I will stand in for the author as you defend your claim.
How integration led to the decline of black-owned businesses | Barney Blakeney | Charleston City Paper

"Before integration, black-owned businesses flourished, the guy said. In the past, Morris Street in downtown Charleston, along with Spring and Cannon streets, was a vibrant center of activity for black business. Those businesses flourished because blacks were unwelcome in many white-owned businesses.

A classic example of how integration caused the demise of many black-owned businesses is the former Dee Dex Snack Bar. During the late 1960s and 1970s, integration opened the doors of fast food restaurants like Piggy Park on Rutledge Avenue and the Patio on Spring Street. Until then, Dee Dex Snack Bar had been the premier fast food restaurant for blacks downtown.

The business was originally located on Calhoun Street where Gaillard Auditorium is now. The auditorium's construction displaced the snack bar and drugstore owned by the late Deward Wilson and scores of black families. When the business relocated to Spring Street, its business continued to flourish, but its days were numbered.

The old Brooks Motel, formerly located on Morris Street, is another example of how integration has contributed to decreasing numbers of viable black-owned businesses. Built prior to the signing of the Civil Rights Act into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson in 1967, the motel accommodated most of the civil rights leaders when they came to Charleston, including Dr. Martin L. King, Jr. Today, there's no sign of the motel or Brooks Restaurant, across from the motel on Morris Street. Both were demolished to make way for condominiums, which have displaced not only businesses but also families in the traditionally black neighborhood."

I'm black and have been in on the issues affecting blacks at the national level for over 30 years. I do not subscribe to the claim of segregation being beneficial. We have over 2 million black owned businesses today. That's at least 5 times more than we had during segregation. One problem is that the money we make for others is not integrated back into our community. We have 2 million businesses and get only 1/2 of 1 percent of all the sales receipts. Our tax dollars are not returned to our community equitably in the form of services and or community development. Banks full of black folks money refuse to loan the black folks money they are drawing interest on for loans to start businesses in the black community. These things go unnoticed by those who want to make claims pf how integration has hurt us. Integration of trade and investment in our community is what we need. And until that happens there are going to be problems.

I'm black and have been in on the issues affecting blacks at the national level for over 30 years. I do not subscribe to the claim of segregation being beneficial. We have over 2 million black owned businesses today. That's at least 5 times more than we had during segregation. One problem is that the money we make for others is not integrated back into our community. We have 2 million businesses and get only 1/2 of 1 percent of all the sales receipts. Our tax dollars are not returned to our community equitably in the form of services and or community development. Banks full of black folks money refuse to loan the black folks money they are drawing interest on for loans to start businesses in the black community. These things go unnoticed by those who want to make claims pf how integration has hurt us. Integration of trade and investment in our community is what we need. And until that happens there are going to be problems.
Those are great statements, but I'm afraid I'm going to require some proof of your claims.

Those are great statements, but I'm afraid I'm going to require some proof of your claims.

No, because you guys make all kinds of comments about blacks without ever posting proof even when asked.

I don't have to be making up things just because you want to believe something untrue about blacks. You guys believe your crap without questioning one another or by asking for proof.

Sports don't belong in any school, which is not an entertainment center. They should follow the example of the Little League, which is a private-sector substitute for grade-school baseball. At the college level, sports serve as free farm teams for NFL and NBA billionaires.

No, because you guys make all kinds of comments about blacks without ever posting proof even when asked.

I don't have to be making up things just because you want to believe something untrue about blacks. You guys believe your crap without questioning one another or by asking for proof.
I appreciate your clear-eyed inability to justify your comments.

You complain that the "money we make for others is not integrated back into our community."Yet, this has been disproven time and again. The per capita tax return to distressed communities is much higher than other cities.

Then, you claim that "We have 2 million businesses and get only 1/2 of 1 percent of all the sales receipts." Of course, you provide this without context, as if we're supposed to accept it on face value. Why is that so? What is the comparison to the other businesses? Black owned businesses constitute what percentage of all businesses?

Oh yeah ... just because I'm not willing to accept your statements, that makes me a racist, right? Sorry - I deal in facts, and you haven't provided any.

actually, the more kids kept out of leftist indoctrination centers, the better, regardless of the paint job of those kids.........kids that enter the work force, attend community college or trade school or join the service after high school are generally gonna have a leg up on the blue hair co ed SJW brigade
But the Preppy Progues can act any way they want; Daddy will make sure they never have to suffer any economic consequences. Until we recognize that the university is an obsolete aristocratic institution, our comments about it will continue to be irrelevant and have no effect.

Re: "Actually the class/group that uses AA more than any other is white women"

That's possible - Care to back that up ? Given your History of talking out your ass I doubt you can - but hey anythings possible.

Google "American inventors" in English and you'll see whatever "diversity" Google wants to push.

Search it in Spanish, get correct results.

DGrV7mpVYAEnYWB.jpg

That's possible - Care to back that up ? Given your History of talking out your ass I doubt you can - but hey anythings possible.
I can back her up. Before AA was defanged white women benefitted in larger numbers than any other group.
That has been common knowledge for years.

Geezz. I wasn't talking about your OPost. I was talking about the sketchy back up material that you linked to.
The link was clear enough for those who are prone to objectivuty. For those who just won't accept Blacks as equals there is always something to pick at. If the link was not good enough for you, there are hundreds more on the same topic saying the same thing in different words.

That's BS about blacks at the pinnacle of academic achievement not being hired. In terms of those IMMIGRANT (student VISA) kids, this could be true. Because it applies to ALL FOREIGN students who must get some kind of Green Card to remain and WORK in the US.
I'm not sure green carders are the immigrants mentioned in the article.
I did notice a reference to the American born progeny of African immigrants who wouldn't need a green card since they are citizens. Yet, the inference was that they too, despite superior academic achievements, were among the underemployed.

And the diff between your foreign Black students and American Black kids is that ALL of the "immigrant" students were ALREADY the "cream of the crop" in their country and I'll bet MOST come from the top 1% of the economic stratas of their home country as well.
I'm a bit chagrined by your reference to bright Nigerian immigrants as the "cream of the crop" in their country as if to devalue their achievments here.That's sort of a veiled put down. You seem to have a mental block that won't allow you to see them as the cream of the crop in the diverse USA. Too bad...the facts are public...

NO COMPARISON at ALL between students on Visas and getting educational parity HERE at home for Black kids.
Before you can conclude that, you have to show some reasonable proof that the immigrants referenced in the article are mostly on visas. The word immigrant can also be applied to those who have attained citizenship.

You don't magically get INFUSED with goals and inspiration BY a College. If you choose a bad major -- that's ON YOU --- not a requirement of White Racists that you be a Sports Comme
You claim to have read the links I provided, yet you missed some of the most important data indicating that Blacks and hispanics are graduating from tech scools at twice the rate they are being hired.

How about a Physicist or a Plastic Surgeon or a Chemical Engineer or an Aerospace designer

You are falling behind the times..join the NAACP or something...that might be of some value in helping you to understand. some of your darker fellow Americans.

If a black uses affirmative action to get something, they aren't equal. If they were, they wouldn't have to use it.

I can back her up. Before AA was defanged white women benefitted in larger numbers than any other group.
That has been common knowledge for years.

Since white had nothing to do with benefitting from a program that doesn't include parameters for whites, the only thing that is relevant is the women part.

Geezz. I wasn't talking about your OPost. I was talking about the sketchy back up material that you linked to.
The link was clear enough for those who are prone to objectivuty. For those who just won't accept Blacks as equals there is always something to pick at. If the link was not good enough for you, there are hundreds more on the same topic saying the same thing in different words.

That's BS about blacks at the pinnacle of academic achievement not being hired. In terms of those IMMIGRANT (student VISA) kids, this could be true. Because it applies to ALL FOREIGN students who must get some kind of Green Card to remain and WORK in the US.
I did notice a reference to the American born progeny of African immigrants who wouldn't need a green card since they are citizens. Yet, the inference was that they too, despite superior academic achievements, were among the underemployed.

And the diff between your foreign Black students and American Black kids is that ALL of the "immigrant" students were ALREADY the "cream of the crop" in their country and I'll bet MOST come from the top 1% of the economic stratas of their home country as well.
I'm a bit chagrined by your reference to bright Nigerian immigrants as the "cream of the crop" in their country as if to devalue their achievments here.That's sort of a veiled put down. You seem to have a mental block that won't allow you to see them as the cream of the crop in the diverse USA. Too bad...the facts are public...

NO COMPARISON at ALL between students on Visas and getting educational parity HERE at home for Black kids.
Before you can conclude that, you have to show some reasonable proof that the immigrants referenced in the article are mostly on visas. The word immigrant can also be applied to those who have attained citizenship.

You don't magically get INFUSED with goals and inspiration BY a College. If you choose a bad major -- that's ON YOU --- not a requirement of White Racists that you be a Sports Comme
You claim to have read the links I provided, yet you missed some of the most important data indicating that Blacks and hispanics are graduating from tech scools at twice the rate they are being hired.

How about a Physicist or a Plastic Surgeon or a Chemical Engineer or an Aerospace designer

You are falling behind the times..join the NAACP or something...that might be of some value in helping you to understand. some of your darker fellow Americans.

If a black uses affirmative action to get something, they aren't equal. If they were, they wouldn't have to use it.

The part you're not getting is WHY they apply from "unequal" status.

If an Alaskan Inuit Indian went to a wise man in the Yukon for tutoring and got "fairly decent" grades and a "good" SAT score and was otherwise qualified to attend the college --- SHOULD THAT DISADVANTAGE of previous opportunity be taked into account?? Need an answer here....

It's not about remedying INHERENT inequality because of race. It's about remedying ACTUAL inequity in the opportunities that the govt and society that they had to SURPASS to get to the college application..

The part you're not getting is WHY they apply from "unequal" status.

If an Alaskan Inuit Indian went to a wise man in the Yukon for tutoring and got "fairly decent" grades and a "good" SAT score and was otherwise qualified to attend the college --- SHOULD THAT DISADVANTAGE of previous opportunity be taked into account?? Need an answer here....

It's not about remedying INHERENT inequality because of race. It's about remedying ACTUAL inequity in the opportunities that the govt and society that they had to SURPASS to get to the college application..

It's about using race to benefit a group whose entire argument in support of such programs is about how using race is those situations is wrong. If one is going to argue using race was wrong when it denied, arguing that using race because it helps you doesn't make it OK.

Forum List

Back