Anger as Republicans block bill to help military veterans exposed to toxins

Lol, the media hyped it up so now lefties care about veterans.
Do any of you tards wonder why it was voted down? Have you even BOTHERED to find out why?
Of course not.
Morons.

Because it would be seen as a "win" for the Dems and the Repubs cannot have that.

Same reason the Dems voted against stuff when Trump was POTUS

Because it would be seen as a "win" for the Dems and the Repubs cannot have that.

Same reason the Dems voted against stuff when Trump was POTUS
Right? The fact that it wasnt the same bill that they had already voted for had nothing to do with it.
Thanks. :rolleyes:

There is no poison pill jerk offs

The funding portion is the same now as when those asshole Republicans voted FOR IT

They’re posted that reconciliation got passed and they’re punishing sick Vets because of it
If a Lying Libtard with a lip lock on Putin and Xi's Cucumbers says there is No Poison Pill.......

There is a Poison Pill.

Like Mitch all you care about is the politics, screw the veterans.
how is that screwing the veterens by saying they should get every fucking penny?...i think its you who is screwing them by wanting your fellow congress people to get their share...geezus knopp i didnt think you were that much of a political hack...

Mitch is pissing on your leg and telling you it is raining. He knows, most Americans are ignorant as to how the federal budgeting process works. If he was seriously concerned about the money actually going to the veterans he would have supported switching spending from "discretionary" to "mandatory".

See, much of federal spending is "mandatory" spending. The Social Security administration tops the list. But "mandatory" spending is also involved with things like the FDIC, unemployment compensation, and yes, Mitch's pension. And of course, the VA.

The bill made the spending on the treatment of Veterans suffering from medical conditions caused by the toxic fumes of burned waste MANDATORY. So yes, that is the only way to insure the money actually went to the veterans. If it were "discretionary", well then some yahoo future president could come along, proclaim an emergency, and confiscate that "discretionary" funding for other uses, like, say, building a stupid ass wall. I mean it is a fool me once fool me twice kind of thing.

McConnell either just don't want to give Democrats any victory, even if it harms veterans in the process. Or, he wants those funds to be classified as discretionary so he can tap them for some other purpose later on, after perhaps taking the Senate. Probably both. This excuse he is trotting out is insulting in its sheer audacity and extortion of public ignorance. But he shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that neither He, nor his party, give two shits about anything or anyone other than themselves and attaining power.
fuck mitch mcconnel and every politician that wants their pet projects to get a piece of this......

It was already negotiated. If it takes crap to get the veterans health care taken care of, that's on the politicians and not the veterans issues.

I'm not going to throw the veterans to the side to further one's politics.

Sadly it's the cost of needlessly sending people off to fight stupid wars.
BUT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IS IN THE BILL
It's just that simple. You're a partisan hack

Care for veterans and the money to make it happen. McConnell never wants the Democrats to get a "win" or anything to run on. He did the same thing when Obama was President.

The Republicans will NEVER vote for anything that helps working Americans. Especially veterans. It's disgusting.
What else is in the bill you have been directed by your cult leaders to support?

Not true

Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, said the bill would need another fix before it can become law.

“What we're hoping for is there will be a negotiation to eliminate some of the mandatory spending in the bill,” he said. “And then the bill can pass. But this is a cloture vote to provoke a conversation … but I expect it ultimately will pass in some form or another."

Republicans want the 400 billion (over ten years) to be DISCRETIONARY rather than mandatory

What scum

Not true

Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, said the bill would need another fix before it can become law.

“What we're hoping for is there will be a negotiation to eliminate some of the mandatory spending in the bill,” he said. “And then the bill can pass. But this is a cloture vote to provoke a conversation … but I expect it ultimately will pass in some form or another."

Republicans want the 400 billion (over ten years) to be DISCRETIONARY rather than mandatory

What scum
Makes sense to me. Why make it mandatory?
Can you answer that?
Most of them didnt disagree with the bill in principle.

Forum List

Back