Angle Sends Cease-And-Desist To Reid -- For Reposting Her Own Website

Sharron's Underground Bunker

Sharron Angle's Underground Bunker
thank you

Thank you for the link.

Not much to go on since it is all coming from her opponent and not her own positions themselves. I suppose that if I really cared and was going to have to chose between her and Reid, I would have to go to her site myself... but I must say, that I am typically turned off by smear campaigns.

Immie

If an opponent lists your own words and you send a cease and desist notice, that is an alarm bell of significance going off.

Except from what I can tell they did not quote her. They wrote her point of view for her.

Immie

actually, you're ignoring the part that actually matters:

the ad is correct in describing Angle as wanting to "get rid of Medicare and Social Security,

No, that is what matters to you. Is that because you favor Reid?

Why is a better Social Security Plan so frightening to Democrats? Why is it that you seem to support Reid putting words in Angle's mouth?

Immie

Think people are suffering now? Consider what would have happened if the private sector had had the opportunity to invest people's Social Security into plans they put people's 401ks into. :eusa_whistle:

Trust me... Seniors would be a hell of a lot better off today than they are now.

Immie

Reid Attacks Angle on Social Security | FactCheck.org

So then, basically, the Reid campaign lied?

Personally, I am for the privatization of Social Security. However, I think it needs to be done slowly and we need to wean ourselves off of it. We cannot leave seniors or those who have worked a lifetime and been promised it in the lurch. We took tax dollars from them and promised to take care of them. We have to fulfill that promise, but doing so would not preclude a formula to wean us off of it.

Immie

I disagree that Reid or his campaign lied. Angle has NO solution to SS other than the fact that she feels the need to protect "seniors". Therefore, if she only wants to save "seniors", where does that leave younger people like me? She has no plan, and she is dodging the media. Reid is only using what Angle has put out publicly.

I do not know what Angle's position on Social Security is. All that I know is what Reid wants to tell us and by reading his site, that IS a scary thing. If I had a vote in that election, I would want to know what her position is, but I sure as hell would not be taking the Reid campaign's word for it.

Forgive me, but Reid's campaign seems to be dishonest here, not that that surprises me for any politician. The Reid campaign is editorializing her point of view and I believe they are doing so in a smear campaign attempting to bring about fear in the minds of seniors.

Immie

So.....Reid is "smearing" Angle by using her OWN words? Ahem...OK. Well, why doesn't Angle simply come out with her own campaign ad and show everyone what he plan is and put the minds of seniors at ease? Oh that's right....she doesn't have a plan.:eusa_whistle:

I disagree that Reid or his campaign lied. Angle has NO solution to SS other than the fact that she feels the need to protect "seniors". Therefore, if she only wants to save "seniors", where does that leave younger people like me? She has no plan, and she is dodging the media. Reid is only using what Angle has put out publicly.

I do not know what Angle's position on Social Security is. All that I know is what Reid wants to tell us and by reading his site, that IS a scary thing. If I had a vote in that election, I would want to know what her position is, but I sure as hell would not be taking the Reid campaign's word for it.

Forgive me, but Reid's campaign seems to be dishonest here, not that that surprises me for any politician. The Reid campaign is editorializing her point of view and I believe they are doing so in a smear campaign attempting to bring about fear in the minds of seniors.

Immie

So.....Reid is "smearing" Angle by using her OWN words? Ahem...OK. Well, why doesn't Angle simply come out with her own campaign ad and show everyone what he plan is and put the minds of seniors at ease? Oh that's right....she doesn't have a plan.:eusa_whistle:

Ah, those weren't her own words.

Immie

No, that is what matters to you. Is that because you favor Reid?

Why is a better Social Security Plan so frightening to Democrats? Why is it that you seem to support Reid putting words in Angle's mouth?

Immie

Think people are suffering now? Consider what would have happened if the private sector had had the opportunity to invest people's Social Security into plans they put people's 401ks into. :eusa_whistle:

Trust me... Seniors would be a hell of a lot better off today than they are now.

Immie

sure.

most seniors would be flat broke if SS were privatized. spin what could have been done. but what would have been done is money would have been put in areas that generated the most return for the financial consultants and creeps. their profits vs returns on safe investments.

Reid Attacks Angle on Social Security | FactCheck.org

So then, basically, the Reid campaign lied?

Personally, I am for the privatization of Social Security. However, I think it needs to be done slowly and we need to wean ourselves off of it. We cannot leave seniors or those who have worked a lifetime and been promised it in the lurch. We took tax dollars from them and promised to take care of them. We have to fulfill that promise, but doing so would not preclude a formula to wean us off of it.

Immie

Immie

All Reid did was repost HER website. What she said was out there for anyone and everyone to see. When she realized that having her ridiculous ideas in writing was probably going to be a problem for her campaign, she removed them. All Reid's campaign did was to save the old version of her website so they can prove she actually said what she said. Anyone with a little internet knowledge knows that you can retrieve the content of a website even after it has been removed. There really isn't anything to dispute here in terms of whether or not she said what she said, no matter what your political views are.

Last edited:
Why is a better Social Security Plan so frightening to Democrats?

I'm a registered Independent, but why do you assume Angles position is automatically a "better" plan for SS?

Alternative ideas should always be contemplated, but privatization isn't the answer to everything. Markets are volatile and can have their own disasters too.

Why does everything have to be about profits to Repubs and Tea Partiers? Shouldn't quality of life play an important role in our decision making at some level, as one of the richest countries in the world?

Thank you for the link.

Not much to go on since it is all coming from her opponent and not her own positions themselves. I suppose that if I really cared and was going to have to chose between her and Reid, I would have to go to her site myself... but I must say, that I am typically turned off by smear campaigns.

Immie

If an opponent lists your own words and you send a cease and desist notice, that is an alarm bell of significance going off.

Except from what I can tell they did not quote her. They wrote her point of view for her.

Immie

seek and ye shall find. close eyes and mind and stay ignorant

Immie

sure.

most seniors would be flat broke if SS were privatized. spin what could have been done. but what would have been done is money would have been put in areas that generated the most return for the financial consultants and creeps. their profits vs returns on safe investments.

Bullshit... you have no concept of investing if you honestly believe that.

Immie

Immie

All Reid did was repost HER website. What she said was out there for anyone and everyone to see. When she realized that having her ridiculous ideas in writing was problem going to be a problem for her campaign, she removed them. All Reid's campaign did was to save the old version of her website so they can prove she actually said what she said. Anyone with a little internet knowledge knows that you can retrieve the content of a website even after it has been removed. There really isn't anything to dispute here in terms of whether or not she said what she said, no matter what your political views are.

The only website I have seen in this regard is the one linked by Dante. That does not contain her words, those are editorialized (and heavily slanted, I am sure) comments about her position.

Check out the site provided by Dante. Those are not her words, those are the words of the Reid Campaign slanted to make her look like a moron.

Here's the link:

Each point is from Reid's Campaign and is nothing more than a fear mongering smear campaign.

http://www.sharronsundergroundbunker.com/

Check out what the above says about Social Security and then look at her site:

http://www.sharronangle.com/issues

Social Security

We must keep the promise of Social Security by redeeming the "IOU's" that have been written to the Social Security Trust Fund and then putting that money in a lock box that cannot ever be raided again by Washington politicians. The only way we pay for it is by cutting spending.

We should also create personalized accounts for the next generation that cannot be raided.

Now, should I take Reid's unproven word as to what her point of view about Social Security or should I take her own stated point of view?

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

sure.

Immie

401ks and the retirement plans of most seniors went up during the collapse? is that what you are saying?

Immie

All Reid did was repost HER website. What she said was out there for anyone and everyone to see. When she realized that having her ridiculous ideas in writing was problem going to be a problem for her campaign, she removed them. All Reid's campaign did was to save the old version of her website so they can prove she actually said what she said. Anyone with a little internet knowledge knows that you can retrieve the content of a website even after it has been removed. There really isn't anything to dispute here in terms of whether or not she said what she said, no matter what your political views are.

The only website I have seen in this regard is the one linked by Dante. That does not contain her words, those are editorialized (and heavily slanted, I am sure) comments about her position.

Check out the site provided by Dante. Those are not her words, those are the words of the Reid Campaign slanted to make her look like a moron.

Immie

Right, because Angle issued a cease and desist when she saw that Reid had saved her original website and reposted it. Reid legally can not post it, so he had to post that other site instead. Why would Angle issue something like this if Reid didn't have something she didn't want seen? Political smearing happens all the time and you hardly see cease and desist orders over it. But when there is actually substance to what is being said, as in Angle's own website being reposted, that can scare the heck out of any politician.......please just think logically about this.

sure.

Immie

401ks and the retirement plans of most seniors went up during the collapse? is that what you are saying?

Nope, but they would not have dried out completely.

Also, people that had been socking away their savings into a private plan for 50 years would be in hell of a lot better straits today than they are with the measly SS pittance they now receive and those who don't survive until retirement age would have been able to pass on their accounts to their families. With regulations, very few would out survive their own nest egg and those that do somehow survive longer than the nest egg could easily be supported even by the state if necessary.

Immie

Immie

Right, because Angle issued a cease and desist when she saw that Reid had saved her original website and reposted it. Reid legally can not post it, so he had to post that other site instead. Why would Angle issue something like this if Reid didn't have something she didn't want seen? Political smearing happens all the time and you hardly see cease and desist orders over it. But when there is actually substance to what is being said, as in Angle's own website being reposted, that can scare the heck out of any politician.......please just think logically about this.

I am thinking logically. I am not so sure you are.

Have you seen what Reid's campaign posted initially? Are you 100% certain he quoted her site word for word, or did the Reid campaign play games with her wording as they did in the underground bunker site? I'm guessing they played games with it, which is why she complained.

Immie

Immie

Nope, but they would not have dried out completely.

Also, people that had been socking away their savings into a private plan for 50 years would be in hell of a lot better straits today than they are with the measly SS pittance they now receive and those who don't survive until retirement age would have been able to pass on their accounts to their families. With regulations, very few would out survive their own nest egg and those that do somehow survive longer than the nest egg could easily be supported even by the state if necessary.

Immie

your argument is bogus. Social Security is not a retirement plan. It was initiated as a safety net. It is now doing it's job.

Your silly assumptions are that people know how to invest and not lose everything.

When did you stop selling used cars?

Immie

Have you seen what Reid's campaign posted initially? Are you 100% certain he quoted her site word for word, or did the Reid campaign play games with her wording as they did in the underground bunker site? I'm guessing they played games with it, which is why she complained.

Immie

Cmon Immie, please don't be stubborn for the sake of it. Do a little research. It took me 5 minutes to find a text version of her original issues page

Elect Sharron Angle - Republican for U.S. Senate

Immie

Cmon Immie, please don't be stubborn for the sake of it. Do a little research. It took me 5 minutes to find a text version of her original issues page

Elect Sharron Angle - Republican for U.S. Senate

From your link:

Social Security and its attendant Medicare are broken and bankrupt systems because we, as voting citizens, have allowed congress to transform these systems from insurance programs to and entitlement programs. The government must continue to keep its contract with seniors, who entered into the system on good faith and now are depending on that contract. (Pat Boone, a champion for seniors and the spokesman for 60’s Plus, has endorsed Sharron Angle’s candidacy.)

Free market alternatives, which offer retirement choices to employees and employers, must be developed and offered to those still in their wage earning years, as the Social Security system is transitioned out. Young workers must be encouraged to investigate personal retirement account options.

I don't see the crap that came from the underground bunker website. Do you?

In other words, Reid's campaign is slanting heavily to make Sharon Angle out to be a monster in the eyes of seniors. It is a smear campaign and nothing more.

Not that Republicans (or even Sharon Angle) are any different. I simply do not like smear campaigns.

I used to say that if a candidate (of any party) would come out and honestly say something like, "my opponent is a good person and has many good ideas, but this is why, I am the better candidate...", that I would vote for that candidate without any hesitation. I despise the "all Democrats are evil; all Republicans are blessed saints" or "all Republicans are the devil's spawn and every Democrat only cares about you." bullshit.

Both sides are just different sides of the same coin and there is not a single one of them that is trustworthy.

Immie

She is so gonna lose to Reid. These teapartiers, I tell you, they sure know how to screw everything up.

Pay no attention to anything I said before three weeks ago........

Forum List

Back