🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Angry Music

I love that song, and the duet he did with Annie Lennox at the grammys was really awesome. :) I don't know if this is angry to me though. Kind of more melancholy.

I know it goes against much of what I believe in but I have to admit I like the song as well.....
I think there is an underlying anger in the song... maybe it's just me?

Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife

Maybe sarcastic anger...?

I love that song, and the duet he did with Annie Lennox at the grammys was really awesome. :) I don't know if this is angry to me though. Kind of more melancholy.

I know it goes against much of what I believe in but I have to admit I like the song as well.....
I think there is an underlying anger in the song... maybe it's just me?

Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife

Maybe sarcastic anger...?

It more about feeling as if you are persecuted I think.

"Take Me To Church" is more than a single, it's a statement: "Take Me To Church," the first single off Hozier, makes for a totally enthralling anthem. It reworks religious imagery and constructs to tell a tale of lasting love, but the video is what really caught people's attention. In it, two men kiss and are eventually tracked down and beaten, and the video was conceived and dropped with the intention to raise awareness and support for gay marriage following Russia's criminalization of homosexuality. Backstage at Lollapalooza, Hozier was candid and direct about the song in this Fuse exclusive, especially about why gay marriage isn't a controversial subject for him at all:

"The song, to me, is about what it is to be a human, what it is to love someone as a human being, and organizations that would undermine that, and undermine the more natural parts of being a person. If you feel offended or disgusted by the image of two people kissing, if that's what it is, but you're more disgusted by that than the actual violence...I think you should take a look at your values, maybe. I don't think there really should be a controversy when we're talking about a basic human right and the equal treatment of people. Electing a person in the place of an organization, like the church, as something that is worth worshiping and something that is worth loving, something tangible and real...there's a lot to the song, but if I need to stand up and swing from the corner, I'm happy to do that."

- See more at: Everything You Need to Know About Hozier

Forum List

Back