Another Amazon Scam

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
I just got a call saying my Amazon account had been charged $ 279; if this is correct hang up, if it is not correct, press 1 for customer service.

This happened to me a couple months ago and I fell for it, got scammed bad. Really bad.

Just letting you know, NEVER PRESS ONE. Go to Amazon and check with them directly. They're at it again.

I just got a call saying my Amazon account had been charged $ 279; if this is correct hang up, if it is not correct, press 1 for customer service.

This happened to me a couple months ago and I fell for it, got scammed bad. Really bad.

Just letting you know, NEVER PRESS ONE. Go to Amazon and check with them directly. They're at it again.
I was scammed before by a store clerk. Shitty feeling. I called bank on it within 24 hours and got $400 back. Good luck and beware.

I wish there was a way to catch these bastards.
There's a youtuber named (I think) kitboga and he scams the scammers...don't know If watching would provide you any satisfaction...just tossing the info

I'm not sure I understand what happened here OL. Fraudulent charge?

I've never had a call from Amazon. That seems suspicious in and of itself. The one issue I had was right after I moved to Oregon. I called and they were really helpful getting all my info and settings updated.

You'll pry my Amazon Prime from my cold dead hands!

Did you give these buttholes any personal information? My T-mobile phone has pretty good built in scam filter. It'll say "Scam likely". I don't answer and then block the number. Yesterday I had one of those with a caller ID in Jamaica - Lol!

It took them years to find the nigerian prince. Turned out, it was an old man with shit stained tighty whities.
So dont fret :lol:
Don't know what you're talking about, but how is this different from any other theft? Fuckers. And it seems all the authorities can do is run a warning. How did they get my phone #? Or are they calling people randomly hoping some actually use Amazon? They should be caught and fined $100,000, which they must pay in returnables picked up on the side of the road.

I've never had a call from Amazon. That seems suspicious in and of itself. The one issue I had was right after I moved to Oregon. I called and they were really helpful getting all my info and settings updated.

No there was no fraudulent charge, it didn't come from Amazon. When you press 1 to be connected to 'Customer Support,' you are connected with a scammer who will wheedle his way onto your computer and get all the information from you that they can.

I didn't mean Amazon is at it again-- the scammers are.

Did you give these buttholes any personal information? My T-mobile phone has pretty good built in scam filter. It'll say "Scam likely". I don't answer and then block the number. Yesterday I had one of those with a caller ID in Jamaica - Lol!
Not this time!

It took them years to find the nigerian prince. Turned out, it was an old man with shit stained tighty whities.
Don't know what you're talking about, but how is this different from any other theft? Fuckers. And it seems all the authorities can do is run a warning. How did they get my phone #? Or are they calling people randomly hoping some actually use Amazon? They should be caught and fined $100,000, which they must pay in returnables picked up on the side of the road.
Dont remember the nigerian prince? The guy that said he has came into a lto of money and he was going to give it away. Send him a couple hundred and he wire transfer a million. Or something like that. Went on for years and years.

I got a call yesterday from a shipping company saying that someone in California ordered a new IPhone 11 and charged it to my card.
They had the same "push one" of course I pushed one and it hung up on me.
Immediately got in touch with all of my credit cards and there were no charges on them.
So they are aware of the situation.
How did they scam you?

No there was no fraudulent charge, it didn't come from Amazon. When you press 1 to be connected to 'Customer Support,' you are connected with a scammer who will wheedle his way onto your computer and get all the information from you that they can.

I didn't mean Amazon is at it again-- the scammers are.

Oh MY - You need to report this to the FBI and your state BBB. Give them all the caller ID information you may have.
So they insisted on a screen share? YIKES!! :omg:

Dont remember the nigerian prince? The guy that said he has came into a lto of money and he was going to give it away. Send him a couple hundred and he wire transfer a million. Or something like that. Went on for years and years.

HuH? That Nigerian prince sent me 5 million. Been livin' the life of Riley ever since! ;)

I do vaguely remember hearing about that. Did the old guy get rich? You'd think he could have afforded some cool boxers, anyway.

I do vaguely remember hearing about that. Did the old guy get rich? You'd think he could have afforded some cool boxers, anyway.
Yeah he had scammed millions.
1605805385225.png

I wont post his tighty whities

I'm really humiliated I fell for it, but yes, screen share, and then remote access and walking me through setting up an online account for my checking.

I had to get a new debit card, checking account and associated pains in the ass. Plus the creepiest thing was after I went to the bank to process all that stuff, I came home and he had my computer on camera, videoing me. I put it under the mattress because I couldn't shut it off.

But the prick actually had the balls to call me then and try one more time to keep playing, trying to convince me he was legit. I told him I knew he was a scammer and told him to get off my computer. Within five minutes, he was gone and his footprint was gone, too.

It takes a special combination of not knowing much about computers OR crooks for all that to have happened, but I wasn't the only one who fell for it. The woman at the bank who helped me through it said I was definitely not the first she'd had to rescue.

So everyone now knows just how stupid I really am. But I did learn, Never Press One.

Yeah he had scammed millions.
View attachment 418431
I wont post his tighty whities
Thanks for that!
Nigerian Prince, alright.

The only issue that I have had with Amazon is someone some how being able to get into my account. So far its happened twice with the second time being around just a month ago. All sorts of things were in my "shopping cart" both times. Nothing was purchased, thank the Lord, but all of the stuff put together in there this last time added up to around $2,000. Needless to say, I cleared the cart and changed my password and of course I already watch my credit card activity like a hawk anyway. So far, so good there. I don't believe the person(s), whoever they are, have the ability to get a hold of my credit card number. The only thing that they may know are the last four digits, but of course a person needs the rest in order to do the real damage I guess.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back