Another Anti Gun Study Uses Gangs To Boost Numbers...

The mental health professionals KNOW what the patient is capable of doing. The store clerk does not.

Yes they did rush to stop knee-jerk reactions. Because lunatics like you wanted to pass laws that would effect 65 million gun owners and still not stop anything. The type of weapon is not the issue. As I have said before, a couple of revolvers would have done the same thing in Sandy Hook.

Oh, gosh. 65 million gun owners might have to fill out an extra bit of paperwork. Oh, the horror of it.

Hey, you know what, they put up a stop sign on my street last week because they had an accident. Now, here's the thing, it's a real pain for the hundreds of us who didn't have an accident... but it was probably still a good idea.

More paperwork??? WTF? What the lunatics wanted was bans on semi-automatic firearms. It was not about additional paperwork. And since you release the mental health officials from all blame, the result would have been the same with more paperwork.

Oh, so now I am spinning the numbers. You insist on using the suicide numbers when it helps your argument, but demand it not be used when it doesn't? lmao

And cultural differences only apply when they are in your favor?

This is why you are laughed at and ridiculed. You are simply dishonest.

cultural differences only apply when there ARE cultural differences.

Your argument is that Americans should just suck up the slaughter of schoolchildren by crazy people because, hey, that's "our culture".

But you are saying that the japanese should just suck up the tragedies of the suicides. You are being a hypocrite. Admitting it is the first step.

I think that's kind of up to the Japanese. frankly, they aren't disembowling themselves or flying planes into aircraft carriers, that's kind of progress when they are just hanging themselves in a forest.

Ok. Well, the 20 thousand suicides that use guns in the US are not shooting anyone. And despite the fact that you have absolutely no evidence it would change the number of suicides, you want to stop guns from being sold.

The australian's culture is much closer to ours than the japanese culture. And the restrictions on firearms there did not change the suicide rates for the better.

Your argument is that Americans should just suck up the slaughter of schoolchildren by crazy people because, hey, that's "our culture".

Hmmm...I don't see anyone advocating that...they have recomended trying to work out a better system for dealing with the dangerously mentally ill. Of course we want the dangerously mentally ill dealt with but do not want anyone who ever spoke to a therapist deemed unworthy of owning and carrying a firearm...which is where the anti gunners will take it if they are allowed to get away with it...

[

The clerk used the NICS to check to see if they were allowed to buy a gun. The federal gov't approved the sale. There is no way he could know about Nancy Lanza's son's mental health.

You know, you should start a campaign to remove the need for so much education and training for mental health professionals. I mean, you insist that a store clerk is able to diagnose serious mental disorders by talking with them for 10 or 15 minutes. Why do we have mental health professionals go to school for years and years?

Yeah, clearly, there's no way that gun seller could tell Joker Holmes was nuts. He probably thought orange hair was a fashion statement.

Twit.

[

The clerk used the NICS to check to see if they were allowed to buy a gun. The federal gov't approved the sale. There is no way he could know about Nancy Lanza's son's mental health.

You know, you should start a campaign to remove the need for so much education and training for mental health professionals. I mean, you insist that a store clerk is able to diagnose serious mental disorders by talking with them for 10 or 15 minutes. Why do we have mental health professionals go to school for years and years?

Yeah, clearly, there's no way that gun seller could tell Joker Holmes was nuts. He probably thought orange hair was a fashion statement.

Twit.

LMAO. Gun profiteers are only looking at the green/cash.

[

Twit.

Hair color?? You want to base a constitutional right on HAIR COLOR????

You are beyond help.

[

You are beyond help.

1) If he wants to join well-regulated militia, he has the constitutional right to do so.

2) When some freak shows up at a gun shop, with orange hair and doing a bad Heath Ledger impersonation, and he asks for an AR-15 and a 100 round magazine, what do you think he's up to?

You know what, as i've said, I write resumes for people. I can usually tell which ones are nuts pretty quickly. The ones who have six jobs in ten years.

The gun shop owners know exactly who their customer base is. they simply don't care. Nuts with guns mean more scared people wanting guns, too. It means more cops wanting military grade equipment.

Throw a few of them in prison, they WILL start caring.

yes, the next...your gun will kill a family member study, just came out...and, surprise...they include violent criminals who know one another to say your gun will be used to murder your family...nice...

States with most gun owners have more lsquo non-stranger rsquo homicides - Health wellness - The Boston Globe

What did increase with gun ownership? The incidence in murders committed by loved ones, friends, and acquaintances, such as rival gang members.

“Not only do guns not protect people from having strangers kill them but having those guns around puts them at greater risk for being killed in a situation with someone that they do know,” said study co-author Dr. Michael Siegel, professor of community health sciences at the BU School of Public Health.

They printed this story with a straight face no doubt...

Maybe if we threw a mixer for all the pro-gun people (NRA members, Tea Party types, gang members, etc.) they'd wipe each other out solving the problem for us? :)

[

You are beyond help.

1) If he wants to join well-regulated militia, he has the constitutional right to do so.

2) When some freak shows up at a gun shop, with orange hair and doing a bad Heath Ledger impersonation, and he asks for an AR-15 and a 100 round magazine, what do you think he's up to?

You know what, as i've said, I write resumes for people. I can usually tell which ones are nuts pretty quickly. The ones who have six jobs in ten years.

The gun shop owners know exactly who their customer base is. they simply don't care. Nuts with guns mean more scared people wanting guns, too. It means more cops wanting military grade equipment.

Throw a few of them in prison, they WILL start caring.

If someone has had six jobs in ten years there is an issue. But when you buy a gun you don't get their ten year work history.

Orange hair is pretty common some places in Atlanta. Now let's be clear. Is it just orange hair, or do we also deny the constitutional rights of people with blue hair too? Personally, I think the people with green streaks in their hair should be watched, but no one else believes me there. But you work out which hair colors are evil and then get back to me.

The guy had orange hair, but I kinda doubt he was doing any impersonation of Heath Ledger. You really can't control your need to lie and/or sensationalize, can you?

Winter, It is priceless to watch Joe jerk your chain. Joe KNOWS that the idea of gun store employees providing mental health evaluations prior to a gun purchase is not gonna happen. Joe is nothing if not a realist.

But he sure jerks you around with the idea. And you keep responding like the idea is real. And might happen.

While you can't figure out if it is a good idea to keep a young kid from Dads gun. And you think Joe is crazy. Wrong again.

Winter, It is priceless to watch Joe jerk your chain. Joe KNOWS that the idea of gun store employees providing mental health evaluations prior to a gun purchase is not gonna happen. Joe is nothing if not a realist.

But he sure jerks you around with the idea. And you keep responding like the idea is real. And might happen.

While you can't figure out if it is a good idea to keep a young kid from Dads gun. And you think Joe is crazy. Wrong again.

If the idea of prosecuting gun dealers were his only insanity, I might go along with you. But it isn't. Not by a long shot. But it is nice to see you think JoeyB is trolling rather than actually posting.

I absolutely think keeping Dad's guns away from kids is a good idea. Although, in retrospect, I might have made an exception for a few select folks when they were young.

If someone has had six jobs in ten years there is an issue. But when you buy a gun you don't get their ten year work history.

Maybe they should. But my point was, they are in a people business, and they have to be good judges of people. The guy who sold Joker Holmes an AR-15 and a 100 round clip just didn't care.

Orange hair is pretty common some places in Atlanta. Now let's be clear. Is it just orange hair, or do we also deny the constitutional rights of people with blue hair too? Personally, I think the people with green streaks in their hair should be watched, but no one else believes me there. But you work out which hair colors are evil and then get back to me.

The guy had orange hair, but I kinda doubt he was doing any impersonation of Heath Ledger. You really can't control your need to lie and/or sensationalize, can you?

The guy thought he was the Joker. And everyone in his family and all his classmates said he was nuts. He was being thrown out of the University. But let's give that boy a gun!

Maybe they should. But my point was, they are in a people business, and they have to be good judges of people. The guy who sold Joker Holmes an AR-15 and a 100 round clip just didn't care.

The guy thought he was the Joker. And everyone in his family and all his classmates said he was nuts. He was being thrown out of the University. But let's give that boy a gun!

Your cohort thinks you are trolling here. I'll go along.

Watching Holmes at trials I don't think he was insane. Just clever.

Holmes holds a Bachelor's of Science degree in Neuroscience. Translation: He's smarter than most people and knows how to act the part of an insane person. His trial's coming in Dec. Hope they fry him til his eyeballs explode.

Watching Holmes at trials I don't think he was insane. Just clever.

I hope they put him in prison for life, and in the gen pop.

Holmes holds a Bachelor's of Science degree in Neuroscience. Translation: He's smarter than most people and knows how to act the part of an insane person. His trial's coming in Dec. Hope they fry him til his eyeballs explode.

Naw, I think he actually is insane.

Might well be crazy but he isn't insane. Insanity's a legal term, not psychological. Means you're innocent because you didn't know right from wrong.

Might well be crazy but he isn't insane. Insanity's a legal term, not psychological. Means you're innocent because you didn't know right from wrong.

Yes, and that's an obsolete rendering of the best minds of the 19th century, where they still thought having a vagina made you crazy. (Hence, 'Hysteria")

What we need is a ruling of "Guilty, but insane".

and we need to not sell people guns and hold the assholes who sell them guns accountable.

Yes, and that's an obsolete rendering of the best minds of the 19th century, where they still thought having a vagina made you crazy. (Hence, 'Hysteria")

What we need is a ruling of "Guilty, but insane".

and we need to not sell people guns and hold the assholes who sell them guns accountable.

And we need to make it illegal to sell to people with orange hair?

Forum List

Back